It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Snapped the chain clean off the work bike and spent a decade dealing with the chariot that I got as a temporary replacement. Today I got a long-term substitute, but that bastard has a real screamer of a rear brake. It really is very deafening at low speeds, so much so that I think that I'll be using the front brake almost exclusively tonight. Let's hope that it doesn't overheat or anything.

Here's hoping that the local bike shop can fix the fucker up tomorrow.
I got stung by a wasp while mowing the lawn tonight.

That's all. Pretty small problem, but it still pissed me off.
CptFandango: To the people talking about being disappointed with where you are in life, I feel you all big time. With my 31'st birthday this coming weekend I'm thinking about it more and its very depressing. No qualifications...
Ha! Well, having 2 degrees hasn't done much for me, and in fact, I still have no career or qualifying experience. I was just told last month that I'm unemployable! And that was the first generous recruiter/employer to even speak to me in about a year.

You should be happy you took that time off to journey to countries and have fun. I wanted to do some road trips and such, but I chose not to do that, and it didn't get me far anyway.
CptFandango: To the people talking about being disappointed with where you are in life, I feel you all big time. With my 31'st birthday this coming weekend I'm thinking about it more and its very depressing. No qualifications...
chadjenofsky: Ha! Well, having 2 degrees hasn't done much for me, and in fact, I still have no career or qualifying experience. I was just told last month that I'm unemployable! And that was the first generous recruiter/employer to even speak to me in about a year.

You should be happy you took that time off to journey to countries and have fun. I wanted to do some road trips and such, but I chose not to do that, and it didn't get me far anyway.
Unemployable? with 2 degrees? what...?
chadjenofsky: Ha! Well, having 2 degrees hasn't done much for me, and in fact, I still have no career or qualifying experience. I was just told last month that I'm unemployable! And that was the first generous recruiter/employer to even speak to me in about a year.
Soccorro: Unemployable? with 2 degrees? what...?
Yeah.... as in WTF????

Sent out my resume to places, never hear back. Laid off in August, just started working again in mid-July. A posting stated they needed to urgently fill a spot ASAP. Sent my resume, and called a couple days later. The VP of the recruiting company was "nice" enough to tell me he wasn't even going to bother sending my resume to the client because of my unemployment gap. He said I should start with his temp agency instead. I explained that I had signed up with his temp agency months ago and never got a single call. (I had also signed up for 3 or 4 other temp agencies with similar results.) His response: I'll transfer your call to our temp agency. Temp agency manager: yes, we have your credentials on file. Call our other location.

New job though--but from a referral. I'm not sure how stable or long-term it'll be so, idk if it's worth it. So yeah, whatever a piece of paper is supposed to do, I don't know. The only thing I've figured out is try to enjoy the journey, no matter how crappy it gets coz you ain't got a time machine.

The USA is very different from Germany. Here, most degrees don't mean shit and lot of employers here are insanely picky because they have no shortage of workers. So they tend to hire the people they trust(people who have people working for the company vouching for them ) with experience.

chadjenofsky: Yeah.... as in WTF????

Sent out my resume to places, never hear back. Laid off in August, just started working again in mid-July. A posting stated they needed to urgently fill a spot ASAP. Sent my resume, and called a couple days later. The VP of the recruiting company was "nice" enough to tell me he wasn't even going to bother sending my resume to the client because of my unemployment gap. He said I should start with his temp agency instead. I explained that I had signed up with his temp agency months ago and never got a single call. (I had also signed up for 3 or 4 other temp agencies with similar results.) His response: I'll transfer your call to our temp agency. Temp agency manager: yes, we have your credentials on file. Call our other location.

New job though--but from a referral. I'm not sure how stable or long-term it'll be so, idk if it's worth it. So yeah, whatever a piece of paper is supposed to do, I don't know. The only thing I've figured out is try to enjoy the journey, no matter how crappy it gets coz you ain't got a time machine.
Sounds like you live in an area that is similar to mine. An area, where there is no shortage of workers. An area with too much competition. Check out this thread. http://www.gog.com/forum/general/i_have_lost_all_hope_more_emo_ranting_just_a_warning_to_all

Lots of good advice there, just in case, things don't improve for you.
Post edited August 07, 2014 by monkeydelarge
---
Post edited August 07, 2014 by ne_zavarj
monkeydelarge: The USA is very different from Germany. Here, most degrees don't mean shit and lot of employers here are insanely picky because they have no shortage of workers. So they tend to hire the people they trust(people who have people working for the company vouching for them ) with experience.
Same here (i was always told the opposite when growing up....how different it actually is once u hit the workforce...). Qualifications and degree's *are* (depends on the industry as well -- certain IT certifications bump people to top of the must interview pile) useful however experience has a much heavier weight when it comes to who gets the job over here as well.
Bad day today.
Woke up from a really awful dream that mirrors my real life anxiety in which the worst case scenario happened and its malaise is hanging over me.
Not much hope. I'm trying to cling onto the mantra that it will get better, but it's been nearly two years. I'm not getting any better. Every day, I have to make the conscious decision to try one more day and not kill myself.
Some days are worse than others. Today is really not a good day. I'm so tired of trying. I'm so tired of putting on a brave face, and smiling, when all I want to do is stop the pain and emptiness. Suicide is not the goal, it's the solution.
I'm so exhausted of fighting this. It's a never ending spiral of recrimination and self-hatred because I can't just snap out of it. I know it doesn't work like that, I've been fighting this throughout my entire adult life, and before, but...
Sorry to vent on you.

But, hey, I'll probably never meet any of you in RL. You're not Facebook friends where you gotta catch 'em all - you're quite real. But I've cut myself off from everyone I know except for family.
If I can't vent here in safety, well then, there's nowhere else really.
I can't really talk to my family, because if I do, they get (more) worried and start checking up on me continuously, and then I can feel the walls of my depression closing in.
I'm just so tired.
Getcomposted: Bad day today.
Woke up from a really awful dream that mirrors my real life anxiety in which the worst case scenario happened and its malaise is hanging over me.
Not much hope. I'm trying to cling onto the mantra that it will get better, but it's been nearly two years. I'm not getting any better. Every day, I have to make the conscious decision to try one more day and not kill myself.
Some days are worse than others. Today is really not a good day. I'm so tired of trying. I'm so tired of putting on a brave face, and smiling, when all I want to do is stop the pain and emptiness. Suicide is not the goal, it's the solution.
I'm so exhausted of fighting this. It's a never ending spiral of recrimination and self-hatred because I can't just snap out of it. I know it doesn't work like that, I've been fighting this throughout my entire adult life, and before, but...
Sorry to vent on you.

But, hey, I'll probably never meet any of you in RL. You're not Facebook friends where you gotta catch 'em all - you're quite real. But I've cut myself off from everyone I know except for family.
I can't really talk to my family, because if I do, they get (more) worried and start checking up on me continuously, and then I can feel the walls of my depression closing in.
I'm just so tired.
Damn...I've been where you are and some days I still am. I don't know that there's anything I can really say or do to make you feel better but I'll tell you that any time you feel like you need to vent, my PM box is open. If nothing else we can talk about books or games or what have you, things that make you happy.

Cheers and I wish you well.
Sorry to vent on you.

I'm just so tired.
Not really knowing what to say as, suffering from depressions myself, I know there's no easy answer and I know how longing for death feels. There's just no need for self-hatred. The struggle we go through day by day, the effort, deserves a medal, and I don't mean that in jest. Call it courage to get through just one more day or call it lack of courage for not daring to take the final plunge, the effort is enormous and is deserving of respect.

*edit: or deserves respect ? - I hope the meaning of my sentence doesn't get twisted by me not being a native english speaker.
Post edited August 09, 2014 by DubConqueror
low rated
Sorry to vent on you.

I'm just so tired.
I saw your post First things First GROW UP! and LISTEN to what I have to say

I have been Looking after My Schizo-Affective Mother for over 15 years it all started when I was 16 years old I'm 31 Years old now the Voices in her head COME OUT HER MOUTH! I had my Middle Teens, Late teens, Early 20's, Middle 20's, Late 20's and to this present day early 30's STOLEN OFF ME and am I bitching about it PLUS I'm in HIDEOUS AGONY! with My I.B.S. ALL THE TIME feels Like I'm digesting HOT MOLTEN STEEL! and you are complaining about No Job you are going to OFF yourself over something THAT SIMPLE! Wish MY problems WERE THAT SIMPLE! aww.. It's been nearly two years you Whining prissy TRY FIFTEEN YEARS AND THE DOCTORS TOLD ME SHE'LL NEVER GET ANY BETTER THEN WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR HER! and I HAVE TO *LOOK AFTER MY MOTHER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE* see how EASY your life really is!

I'm a Slave to my own mother I'm SLAVE DRIVEN by my retarded sister she Makes Me GET HER EVERYTHING I have NO GIRLFRIEND So NO NOOKIES to make it al better because women in Australia are quite frankly BATSHIT INSANE!
they are FEMINISTS TO THE EXTREME! I gotta be careful walking outside because one of them MIGHT ATTACK ME for some IMAGINED thing I supposedly did to them I'm NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND MYSELF (that's classified as Violence Against Women) Women here get away with KILLING PEOPLE I SH*T YOU NOT! You've got a pretty easy life Kid!

REAL HEROES DO NOT GET MEDALS! No THEY GET KICKED IN THE TEETH and THEN SOME!

I have ten Rotten teeth left in my head because I got bashed by two thugs at Toronto here in Australia died 3 times on the way to Hospital they shattered my skull they were high on wild turkey Bourbon and Crystal Meth!

Being dead feels like you have your eyes closed and your body feels HOLLOW! like when you get a tooth out that similar hollow socket feeling ALL OVER YOUR BODY! then you see a smoky blue light!
Post edited August 09, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: I saw your post First things First GROW UP! and LISTEN to what I have to say

I have been Looking after My Schizo-Affective Mother for over 15 years it all started when I was 16 years old I'm 31 Years old now the Voices in her head COME OUT HER MOUTH! I had my Middle Teens, Late teens, Early 20's, Middle 20's, Late 20's and to this present day early 30's STOLEN OFF ME and am I bitching about it PLUS I'm in HIDEOUS AGONY! with My I.B.S. ALL THE TIME feels Like I'm digesting HOT MOLTEN STEEL! and you are complaining about No Job you are going to OFF yourself over something THAT SIMPLE! Wish MY problems WERE THAT SIMPLE! aww.. It's been nearly two years you Whining prissy TRY FIFTEEN YEARS AND THE DOCTORS TOLD ME SHE'LL NEVER GET ANY BETTER THEN WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR HER! and I HAVE TO *LOOK AFTER MY MOTHER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE* see how EASY your life really is!
I sent you a PM. Don't be a troll.
fr33kSh0w2012: <snip>
My mildew is killing my zucchini plant complaint seems a bit silly now.
fr33kSh0w2012: snip
You really should be more respectful, dude.

Getcomposted: snip
Sorry to hear that. :( My best wishes to you.