It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for taking part in our grand Vacation Quest, adventurers!

UPDATE: Wow. These have been two wild, adventurous, exciting weeks! More than 1000 deals going for up to -90% were made available throughout the Summer Sale, and you definitely showed them lots of love. Most hugs were given out to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and Wild Hunt, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, System Shock: Enhanced Edition, Shadowrun Hong Kong & Dragonfall, Pillars of Eternity + Expansion Pass, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

The most prominent huggers were featured in our XP Leaderboards and, after a suspenseful race, Hardman77, rwoodsmall, and leonmerts managed to secure the top three spots. Congrats, you guys, hope you enjoy the spoils!
If you want to know where you stand, you can still go to your experience page, and check the list of glory. The page will remain open for one more month, until July 22, so make sure to also redeem your free games until then.

Last but not least, our two GOG Plays events got our Twitch community all hot and bothered, as more than 50.000 unique viewers joined the madness, which peaked at over 1300 concurrent watchers. Objectives were completed, XP boosts got handed out, and fun times were had by all.

Thanks again for being part of the 2016 Summer Sale. Enjoy your hard-earned loot!

If you are looking for some sweet summer-y wallpapers, make sure to drop by our <span class="bold">imgur</span> page.
Kakarot96: I have enjoyed the sale maybe too much, and i still have games at wishlist that are going to wait until December. After 30 games, i can say i have enough to play a loong time. Well, until Christmas, that's it :S
skeletonbow: Oh... you have no idea what you're in for now... :) You may show some restraint now perhaps, but each sale, each promo, each new release, each free gift from GOG you receive, each game giveaway or gift you receive from the community - all plant seeds in your mind. They're little game seeds. Seeds that say "NEED... MOAR... GAMES!!!" :)

It starts with a cool bundle... then another bundle... then hey, it's only one more bundle... then why not just one more! Oh look, that one game that looks cool is only $1.99, thats like a cup of coffee, what the heck! Oh look, I just won a game in the community giveaway! Oops, I missed out on a promo but someone gifted me a copy, that's so awesome! Then you basically get sucked in like the mafia and can't escape. You're going to have 100-200 games before the end of the year mark my words. You may not see how that's possible, or may not even think you want them. But it's coming.

It's coming... :)

One word of caution... beware of Insomnia, and beware of the Keaning. :)
You summed up quite well the story of my life lol. I'm not a big buyer and I've already got 171 games in my GOG library. I have no idea how I got there then I read your post and I was like, oh yeah, that was it!
guppy44: You've made this lambda sad.

sigh
deonast: Valve are so generous these days :)
Aren't they?! :p
high rated
Yeah the sale was nice, I have over 100 fun filled games in my library now, over 300 on steam but I want support this website as is major competitor to steam and drm free.

Can someone bump me I seem be 0 rating, i don't like being 0.
skeletonbow: Oh... you have no idea what you're in for now... :) You may show some restraint now perhaps, but each sale, each promo, each new release, each free gift from GOG you receive, each game giveaway or gift you receive from the community - all plant seeds in your mind. They're little game seeds. Seeds that say "NEED... MOAR... GAMES!!!" :)

It starts with a cool bundle... then another bundle... then hey, it's only one more bundle... then why not just one more! Oh look, that one game that looks cool is only $1.99, thats like a cup of coffee, what the heck! Oh look, I just won a game in the community giveaway! Oops, I missed out on a promo but someone gifted me a copy, that's so awesome! Then you basically get sucked in like the mafia and can't escape. You're going to have 100-200 games before the end of the year mark my words. You may not see how that's possible, or may not even think you want them. But it's coming.

It's coming... :)

One word of caution... beware of Insomnia, and beware of the Keaning. :)
PokerCrow: You summed up quite well the story of my life lol. I'm not a big buyer and I've already got 171 games in my GOG library. I have no idea how I got there then I read your post and I was like, oh yeah, that was it!
Aha, 171! Told ya! Before you know it you'll be going to the "Browse Games" page to see what the total game count is then calculating what percentage of the catalogue you own. Then you'll realize a few weeks later that your calculations aren't accurate because the game catalogue totals the products, while the game library totals unbundled individual games. You'll start wondering if Barefoot_Monkey would consider adding a module to Essentials to figure out the math automatically...

Oh, and if you aren't already using Barefoot Essentials... guess what... now you are. :) And if you are already, then you'll be using Adalia Fundamentals soon also. Before you know it you'll be requesting an account on gogwiki too. It's all par for the course... :)
Post edited June 22, 2016 by skeletonbow
RavenholmDX: Yeah, time for me to start saving again (and building up my Wishlist). I'm sorted for years now.
deonast: Must have been one hell of a wishlist you started out with.
ELFswe: Seeing the word "Owned" all over the place....
deonast: A compulsive shoppers despair perhaps. That said I saw that owned all over the place too.
xyem: And now I'm at 43. I wonder how they are still gaining XP?

You may find yourself being booted out of the Top 100!
deonast: I was thinking the same thing I'm now at 98 a few more XP for other people and my invisible to others rank will be even less impressive :)
That's obvious, people checking the listing for the first time, you only get added to the lists, if you look at it, I haven't.
Bought quite a few games, but don't worry. I neither know nore care where I would fit in the stupid lists. I buy what I want, and don't take part in these silly things, I couldn't care less if I bought more or less than anyone else.

I don't even use the wishlists, if I want a game I buy it when I want it, for me the sales are largely boring and mostly a waste of time, except for recent additions, which I may buy.

The vast majority of games I either got in previous sales or, will never buy, so though it's great for new customers, I have very little interest, and that limited interest ended the day the final list appeared, then it was just annoying, until today.

Don't think I want to get rid of sales, but these big events have no attraction other than the games I decide to buy, if it attracts more customers to GOG, I can live with the annoyance of it dragging on.

Except the insomniac one, that can go to hell, not playing that timed sales bullshit, I ignore all games in that sale.
Post edited June 22, 2016 by UhuruNUru
skeletonbow: Aha, 171! Told ya! Before you know it you'll be going to the "Browse Games" page to see what the total game count is then calculating what percentage of the catalogue you own. Then you'll realize a few weeks later that your calculations aren't accurate because the game catalogue totals the products, while the game library totals unbundled individual games. You'll start wondering if Barefoot_Monkey would consider adding a module to Essentials to figure out the math automatically...
I figured I was doing pretty well, considering my signup date - still under 200 games. But these sales... yeah, you summarized it perfectly.

skeletonbow: Oh, and if you aren't already using Barefoot Essentials... guess what... now you are. :) And if you are already, then you'll be using Adelia Fundamentals soon also. Before you know it you'll be requesting an account on gogwiki too. It's all par for the course... :)
Heh, I've been using BE for uite some time and just yesterday decided it was time for some AF as well. Probably not going to go with an account on the GOG wiki though (he said, nervously, sweat blooming on his brow...)
GR00T: I figured I was doing pretty well, considering my signup date - still under 200 games. But these sales... yeah, you summarized it perfectly.

Heh, I've been using BE for uite some time and just yesterday decided it was time for some AF as well. Probably not going to go with an account on the GOG wiki though (he said, nervously, sweat blooming on his brow...)
GOGwiki is kind of broken at the moment anyway. :) I believe they did some upgrades lately and the site isn't working quite right yet, game card graphics don't load for example. Still is a nice way to share one's game list publicly though at least until GOG has user profiles in Galaxy (assuming they plan on doing that of course).
skeletonbow: Aha, 171! Told ya! Before you know it you'll be going to the "Browse Games" page to see what the total game count is then calculating what percentage of the catalogue you own. Then you'll realize a few weeks later that your calculations aren't accurate because the game catalogue totals the products, while the game library totals unbundled individual games. You'll start wondering if Barefoot_Monkey would consider adding a module to Essentials to figure out the math automatically...

Oh, and if you aren't already using Barefoot Essentials... guess what... now you are. :) And if you are already, then you'll be using Adalia Fundamentals soon also. Before you know it you'll be requesting an account on gogwiki too. It's all par for the course... :)
I just got both of these extensions. I had no idea about them. Thank you for mentioning these! ^_^
guppy44: I just got both of these extensions. I had no idea about them. Thank you for mentioning these! ^_^
You're part of the family now, there's no turning back! :)
GOG.com: Thanks for taking part in our grand Vacation Quest, adventurers!

UPDATE: Wow. These have been two wild, adventurous, exciting weeks! More than 1000 deals going for up to -90% were made available throughout the Summer Sale, and you definitely showed them lots of love. Most hugs were given out to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and Wild Hunt, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, System Shock: Enhanced Edition, Shadowrun Hong Kong & Dragonfall, Pillars of Eternity + Expansion Pass, and Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

The most prominent huggers were featured in our XP Leaderboards and, after a suspenseful race, Hardman77, rwoodsmall, and leonmerts managed to secure the top three spots. Congrats, you guys, hope you enjoy the spoils!
If you want to know where you stand, you can still go to your experience page, and check the list of glory. The page will remain open for one more month, until July 22, so make sure to also redeem your free games until then.

Last but not least, our two GOG Plays events got our Twitch community all hot and bothered, as more than 50.000 unique viewers joined the madness, which peaked at over 1300 concurrent watchers. Objectives were completed, XP boosts got handed out, and fun times were had by all.

Thanks again for being part of the 2016 Summer Sale. Enjoy your hard-earned loot!

If you are looking for some sweet summer-y wallpapers, make sure to drop by our <span class="bold">imgur</span> page.
Thanks for this magnificent Summer sale and accompanying discounts. My collection has grown extensively.

PS: I hope every single game from my wish-list is in the next Sale :P
man .. i'm just 200 xp short for Spelunky :/.

maybe next time. Thanks a lot for the great event.
Completed all objectives, checked in every day..

..until the day there was a tournament going on all day (which started at 5AM; 4 hours before GoG reset) which I watched all day.. then slept 13 hours somehow.

So I missed one check-in, which put me at 4,900 exp by the end of it.

Didn't buy any games, was just trying to get the free Spelunky.

Nope, gone and lost.

Sad thing is this always seems to happen when there's something with daily logins. Miss one and you're SOL. Quite unfair.
Actually i loved checking this sale but unfortunately i missed out on buying stuff i wanted last day due to stress and stuff over having to move etc lol.
Finally got my Dreamfall trilogy (TLJ, Dreamfall and Chapters) as well as some other nice games too. Thanks GoG for letting us buy great games at so good value. Really grateful!

Now I just need some spare time to play them though. Games won't flee from my account tho, so I'm not in a hurry. :)
Just finished downloading about 50-60 games from the last weekish. Totally figured it was going to take several days, but my Internet held steady at max speed and things went by faster than expected. This season's sale has definitely been murder on my hard disk though. :)
No room to install anything now hehe. More spring... er... summer cleaning to do on the game install drive by the looks of it. :)
Blind.250: Didn't buy any games, was just trying to get the free Spelunky.

Nope, gone and lost.

Sad thing is this always seems to happen when there's something with daily logins. Miss one and you're SOL. Quite unfair.
Chances are high that someone in the forums has a spare copy that they might gift you if they see your post, but if not I'm sure free copies of it will be flying around the forums in giveaways and gifts for a while to come, as is common following promos like this. Just keep your eyes peeled. :)
Post edited June 23, 2016 by skeletonbow