It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telling tales of Telltale titles.

A time of more DRM-free Telltale games is upon us. We signed the deal, and we're set to unleash a torrent of past and future games from the award-winning adventure game developer! All of the games will premiere with full GOG Galaxy support, that includes Achievements and other goodness like one-click installation, auto-updating, game time tracking and more!

The first of our new Telltale releases is available today: <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series at 40% off during launch, right on schedule for the worldwide premiere of Episode 4: Sons of Winter.

<span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is your chance to not just watch or read about the pathological madness, but to experience and play it out with your own personal touch. This Telltale Game series tells the story of an all-new House of Forrester located somewhere in the north reaches of Westeros. As the War of Five Kings rages, your family is caught in the maelstrom of warfare, revenge, intrigue and horror, in a struggle not to win… but to survive. <span class="bold">Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is a brand new side-story that bumps into familiar characters, and weaves across events known from the TV series which echo across the entire known world. The release discount will last until May 30, 12:59 pm GMT.

Soon, we'll tell more Telltale tales with The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and all seasons of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. Stay tuned!
CarrionCrow: I can't really rate either of them.

With Wolf Among Us, I've seen it being sold by the competition, but I didn't want to buy from them, so I never played it.
Same thing with Tales, I figured it would be a pass because I wasn't going to buy it from anywhere else but GOG and they didn't have it at the time.
I did pick up the first chapter of the wolf among us when it was being offered for free on the xbox.

I was very excited about it, being a big fan of the comic. I have to say that Telltale suceeded in recreating the fantastic realism of the comic book coupled with the grim and gritty noir setting of Bigby's detective story. And it's a damn good story.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by j0ekerr
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I didn't see in while skimming the past thread.

It would be nice to have GOG Galaxy support (and specific things like having Galaxy achievements) noted on the game's store page. I'll go see if there's a live feature request for that.
O_O

Amazing work GOG :)
Didn't see an existing feature request, so I added one.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/show_gog_galaxy_achievements_etc_support_on_store_pages

[
Show GOG Galaxy (Achievements etc.) support on store pages:

Currently, game cards (web store pages, e.g. http://www.gog.com/game/game_of_thrones_season_1 ) do not mention when games have full Galaxy support and GOG Galaxy Achievements - the only place to find this out is in the release announcement.

Please add (perhaps among the stats like Size, Languages etc.) a line detailing what GOG Galaxy features (Achievements, Cross-play, etc.) are supported!
]
Until now, I've been buying all of my Telltale games directly from Telltale. In the early days it was not a problem and the free Season DVD was a plus. Then they started with the DRM nonsense that required you to be signed into your account in order to the play the later games. THEN they started with all the QTE stuff which I HATE. While not so bad in BTTF and Wolf Among Us (although still annoying at times especially having to press Q repeatedly until my wrist developed carpal tunnel just to move something or someone), it made Jurrassic Park overly difficult for no good reason (though I did finish it) and WTD completely unplayable. I would love to have enjoyed WTD the way so many others did, but I just gave up in frustration because I was tired of dying because of the crappy controls. I never did buy WTD 2 for that reason.

I did ultimately buy Sam and Max and Tales of Monkey Island from GOG on a sale. If old GOG still existed, I would snatch the rest up these to get them DRM-Free and look forward to buying my future TellTale games here from now on. But Old GOG is gone and new Steam-GOG (aka Galaxy) is what we have been saddled with. I HATE Steam and only buy from them if there is no other choice. It pains me greatly that GOG has decided to emulate them. When Steam-GOG is no longer fully optional (and we know that day is coming) and/or games are Steam-GOG exclusive (as it looks like GOT may be, but I'm not going to buy it in order to find out), I'll probably find somewhere else to shop. Too bad. It was fun while it lasted.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by jester59388
high rated
Official answer from Telltale about the Sam and Max bug.
They "have not announced any plans to update the GOG version of the game"

So, Telltale stays on my blacklist of game companies I will not buy from.
DoctorGOGgles: Official answer from Telltale about the Sam and Max bug.
They "have not announced any plans to update the GOG version of the game"

So, Telltale stays on my blacklist of game companies I will not buy from.
You've got to be kidding me. I don't understand why it's such a problem to patch the gog version.
haydenaurion: You've got to be kidding me. I don't understand why it's such a problem to patch the gog version.
Especially since it seems to be no problem at all for Telltale to still sell the half-broken game for 30$!
Post edited May 28, 2015 by DoctorGOGgles
Thanks for new telltale games.
I'm not into cinematic type of games so I'll pass ;)
jester59388: While not so bad in BTTF and Wolf Among Us (although still annoying at times especially having to press Q repeatedly until my wrist developed carpal tunnel just to move something or someone), it made Jurrassic Park overly difficult for no good reason (though I did finish it) and WTD completely unplayable.
Jurassic Park was difficult? I'm not being snarky for once, I only finish the first couple of sequences, so I'm asking because I really have no idea.

From what I experienced, I didn't even need to press any buttons to "win". In the first sequence where the girl was being chased by a triceratops, I fumbled through most of it & only managed to get one or two button presses right, so they gave me a bronze medal or something just for trying & the "game" went on like nothing even happened.

I mean, it was downright insulting. The only way it could've been worse would be if someone from Telltale came into my house & brought me a cookie & patted my head for giving it my best, all the while telling me how special I am, like a little snowflake.

I do wonder, though. Some dude high up at Telltale once said in an interview that he was trying to make games even his mother-in-law could play. If this is true, then I have to applaud the gentleman.

This has got to be the most elaborate, expensive & roundabout way of calling your mother-in-law a retard.

It's beautiful, in a way.

Cheers!
There were a couple of sequences where the timing was really difficult in Jurassic Park.
sebarnolds: There were a couple of sequences where the timing was really difficult in Jurassic Park.
This is exactly what I meant. I don't mind difficult in an intellectual way. But when something depends on my ability to click the right spot on the screen within 2 seconds or hit Q repeatedly for like a thousand times and still fail and die over an over again, it's just frustrating and boring. In JP, I would finally manage to get through it, in WTD, I never did. The timing was much faster and less forgiving, in MHO. Maybe that makes me a retarded grandmother LOL, but I avoid action games like the plague for these same reasons, so this kind of thing -- which is also so poorly executed from a gameplay standpoint -- is just not fun for me. If it wasn't for the stories -- and Wolf Among Us was FANTASTIC in that regard and so worth every annoying bout with my Q button -- I'd start passing on these until they return to the puzzle based structures of old.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by jester59388
I love me some tell tale games, but they really need, and others in this new genre, to start labeling these so called games 'interactive novels', for that is basically what most of these are.
mintee: I love me some tell tale games, but they really need, and others in this new genre, to start labeling these so called games 'interactive novels', for that is basically what most of these are.
Yes and in this genre, freebird games is doing a better job imho although I quite enjoyed some Telltale stuff. Every single Telltale game I ever played had severe, sometimes gamebreaking bugs though. They managed to create a worthy sequel to Back to the future though, it's certainly much better than the second and especcially third movie.

Back to the Future : In the last chapter an important quest item (the hat) is visuall sitting already where you have to put it later but the object is still registered where you're supposed to pick it up so that you have to completely ignore what you actually see. It took me a while to figure this out. I encountered similar bugs throughout the game but this was the worst one.

Tales of Monkey Island : Guybrush's hands were invisible in most cutscenes.

Since it's been a while that I played the others I can't exactly recall them, but I'm sure Wallace & Gromit as well as Sam'n'Max had plenty too and reading in this thread I wonder if they were ever fixed. Support is a complete catastrophe in this studio and I'm sorry for GoG having to deal with those requests although GoG may have more leverage to bring them to actually patch their stuff into fully working condition.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Klumpen0815
I have read the first two books (A Song of Ice and Fire), and I will start reading the third one soon. Will anything be spoiled for me if I play the game now?
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Random_Coffee