It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Catventurer:
CarChris: Thank you, as I'm not good at this! :)
You're welcome. If you have more questions about that stuff, feel free to message me. You can also click on the chat link (upper right corner) on the NW Vault and join the NW Vault discord.
I would like to tighten those screws..
Attachments:
sab1.jpg (338 Kb)
Home Sweet Home.
Attachments:
Post edited May 12, 2023 by AS882010M0
Warhammer 3

The oddness continues.

CA being CA threw in a big o'l patch, probably to repair something. I was already glad that this did not mean that the whole 100GB+ something installation went through some reimagination of the entirety of the content but managed to finish in a time it took to bake a bread, get washed and took care of some much-needed refreshments.
Usually, minor patches, and sometimes even the major ones manage to be implemented in such a way that most of the time you will have no other awareness of this update outside of course the dreaded installation, reimagination process, and maybe a notice about how older save games are not compatible any longer. I imagine that our favourite male superstar 'Henry Cavill' plays Warhammer quite irregular when he's working his job, managing maybe multiple months to finish an entire run. In such a case, you might feel familiar with an encounter just described.

Oddly enough, this patch managed to change the value of income (golden skulls collected whahahaha), and, after pressing the end turn button, clearly the signal the demon host waited for presented its self in an undeniable way. ( earlier described here )
Long story short. The capital and harbour city are respectively lost to the demon prince and his allies, meanwhile Wulfrik has set his sights on expanding his crumbling empire with bold strategic moves and a sound mindset (Waaaaaa) as fast as possible. This is of course not as easy as it sounds. Multiple surrounding options are easily just as powerfull or even stronger. Reminds me of my last Shadow Empire playthrough where i made the mistake of providing alliance to a weaker nation while the right answer should have been subjugation.

The screenshots present the capital battle between Wulfrik and the last Norscan tribe who declared war.
With a numerical advantage, the defenders decided to try and break Wulfrik siege with an all out attack, which just failed. With the remaining forces, Wulfgart attempted a daring attack which came out all right.

picture 3 shows a 3d overview at the start of the battle. The red wall icon dead centre depicts the construction of a barricade. The number means the amount of seconds needed before construction is finished.
picture 5 is a map. Wulfrik is located at the settlement West of the Helspire mountains, east of the Northern Sea of Chaos. Maybe that ruined settlement north of the Northern Sea of Chaos might be a point of interest. The mountains of Naglfari are under Wulfrik's control.

Whatever maybe said, the playthrough is anything but boring atm. Trying to juggle a minor income with multiple treats is quite the challenge.... I wished i were younger and free of mind :D
Attachments:
Post edited May 11, 2023 by Zimerius
I remember long ago, in a land far, far away.
Attachments:
odin_346.jpg (407 Kb)
Still playing Neverwinter Nights. This is from the community module Eye of the Beholder, based on the old DOS era game. The main difference between the two besides the game engines used is the rule set.

Anyawy, there were vampires in the area so I stocked up wooden splinters to deal with them.
Attachments:
stakes.jpg (305 Kb)
Warhammer 3

Shifting tides

After loosing 2 major settlements and a couple of minor ones to the demonic host led by the Deamon Prince Be'lakor resistance at the last major settlement in Wulfrik's control, The Monolith of Katam (West of the Hellspire mountains, east on the coast of the Northern Sea of Chaos) finally managed to stop in the demon army in their tracks. A cunning defence spearheaded by Torvald Asavarson not only managed to defeat the demon host, but even send Be'lakor back to its maker. Now of course, The Demon Prince is immortal for as long as he manages a presence on the mortal plane and will return undoubtedly more furious than ever.

The attached picture shows the result following that battle. 2 badly weakened demon armies led by Grooxutaphsos Bubonicus and Rulek Crow-Brother are hold up in front of the mighty fortress The Monolith of Katam. Another demon army led by Akkorak who was not in a position to join the assault on the Monolith of Katam. further east, you see another army. Norscan this time, also in a raiding stance, draining the province from its income. Now, the position and aim of this Norscan army can be considered to be a bit odd. Since to my knowledge an agreement of peace was brokered about 3 months in the past and TBH, literally no one told me the diplomatic standings did already change again.
Wulfrik the Wanderer, who also can be found standing next to the monolith of Katam. He just returned from a side-trip into Bretonnian lands where he managed to find his old trusted sword ' the Sword of Torgald '
Although King Torgald's blade is a prized trophy, it is also an eternal reminder of the consequences of grand proclamations before the Gods.

I can reveal that in the next turn all three demonic armies march out, assaulting Wulfrik from all sides but...... He manages to survive.
Attachments:
Post edited May 14, 2023 by Zimerius
Playing Tainted Grail right now. Got the copy of this game thanks to Doc (and I'm very thankful for that). This is a really good card-battler but with slightly unpredictable RNG.

The tutorial fight was hard yet manageable, but the reward for the fight was kinda bummer XD (see attached screenshot "reward.jpg")
Attachments:
reward.jpg (117 Kb)
Total War Warhammer 3

Shifting Tides Part 2

With the danger of over posting, over qualified, over head, over done, over hentai...... Last night, just before bedtime. Wulfrik and Be'lakor finally met on the field of battle.

Wulfrik's army, now a well oiled machine, was more than a match for the mindless demon's army and his human followers.

Have a good week ya'all :)
Attachments:
The Roman legions march towards their enemy in Old World.
Attachments:
romans.jpg (499 Kb)
Wait, which hole?!

Oh.. the heart one..
Attachments:
ana.jpg (434 Kb)
... wanted for flavour murder

I enjoyed all of them, but Shadowrun Hong Kong for me is the best of the trilogy. The writing seems better, less teenage-mopey, although the reading is a bit on the excessive side – particularly in the beginning of the campaign, and especially when you are putting a lot of Karma points into Charisma early on.

The changes in how decking can be handled I found refreshing, it now allows for a rest from just turn-based resolution when navigating the Matrix. Music seemed more varied and interesting in Dragonfall, but it's a strong soundtrack nonetheless. Some hard choices to make that had me ponder possible outcomes for my character, crew members and the whole Hong Kong ecosystem. Fantastic missions, some of them.

If I had unlimited time available in my life, I'd be building some missions myself with the provided editor. Hong Kong is a great title; also, that was a most appreciated GOG giveaway which let me complete the trilogy. So thanks, GOG.
Attachments:
sr_chummy.jpg (260 Kb)
Sea of Thieves, just bought a captain ship, named my ship after buying it, you might be able to guess why I named it what I did.

EDIT: Thx Zimerius
Attachments:
sot.jpg (180 Kb)
Post edited May 18, 2023 by comradegarry
comradegarry: Sea of Thieves, just bought a captain ship, named my ship after buying it, you might be able to guess why I named it what I did.

EDIT: for some reason my pic didn't upload :(
the forum limit for attached images is 500 kb Komrade
Post edited May 18, 2023 by Zimerius
Warhammer 3

another 16 turns of Norsca

turn 50
-Wulfrik defeats Be'lakor

turn 52
-Wulfrik starts siege of the "Doomkeep"

turn 52 (ai)
-Helcrof Slave-Maker attempts to relieve the siege of "Doomkeep" but fails

turn 53
-Wulfrik conquers "Doomkeep"
-Nobleman Jarel Gulbrandsen promoted to Jarl at the "Fetid Catacombs"

turn 54
-Torvald Asavarsson starts siege at major settlement and former Worldwalkers Capital
" Monolith of Bjorkil Bloody-Hand "

turn 55
-Jarel Gulbrandsen colonizes the ruins of "the Folly of Malofex"
-Wulfrik the Wanderer captures the minor settlement "Naglfari Plain"
-Tarr Snagrsson, Skin Wolf Werekin - Werekin Hero, joins Torvald Asavarsson during the siege of
the "Monolith of Bjorkil Bloody-Hand"

turn 59 (ai)
-Wulfrik managed to ambush the forces led by Helcrof Slave-Maker. No survivors (autoresolve)

turn 60
-Wulfrik sets out on his first monster hunt

turn 61
-Torval Asavarsson successfully conquers the " Monolith of Bjorkil Bloody-Hand "

turn 62(ai)
-Be'lakor resurfaces! Reconquers the " Monolith of Bjorkil Bloody-Hand "

turn 63
-Torval Asavarsson reports encountering both Elven and Chaos Dwarf forces on his voyage to reclaim
the harbour village "Troll Fjord"
-Wulfrik the Wanderer arrives at "The Tower of Khrakk". Reports indicate the sudden disappearance of local tribe settlements and unusually bad weather. Scout parties are launched and the local host is forced into cooperation.

turn 65
-Wulfrik, on his way back to his own territory to search for new troops that will aid him on his monster hunt suddenly receives a report about how a surprise Kislevian attack weakened the fortress and the demonic forces present.
-Wulfrik the Wanderer besieges "The Tower of Khrakk"

turn 66
-Wulfrik occupies settlement "The Tower of Khrakk"
-2,5 years ago Wulfrik received a Message of War from Brettonia. Never was this taken seriously. Today a sleepy messenger bird arrived detailing of Brettonian advancements on" the Isle of Wight".
" Sir, apparently the Bretonnian's made an attempt to besiege Be'lakor's Main Capital... and won ;)"
Attachments:
Post edited May 19, 2023 by Zimerius