It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On a random impulse decided to reinstall Kindom Rush and attempt a first 100% playthrough. Amazing game, but crazy tough at times
Attachments:
Sarafan: Yes, that's a huge problem. I played the second White March after reaching level cap and it wasn't as fun as it should be. And without the DLCs it's even bigger problem because the level cap is set to 18. You can easily reach it long before the end of the game.
What? Level 18 is already max in PoE2?

btw.: Can you import the character from the first part?
viperfdl: What? Level 18 is already max in PoE2?
We were talking about PoE1. In PoE2 max level is 20.

viperfdl: btw.: Can you import the character from the first part?
No, but you can import your save and all of the important choices from PoE1. You can also create a history by manually selecting the choices from the first game. It won't be a huge spoiler when I say that the story is a direct sequel of PoE1 and creating the same character is highly suggested (you start from level 1 unfortunately), although there's a plot trick that somewhat explains everything if someone wants to play with a different character. It also explains why you start from level 1 once again.
Post edited January 08, 2020 by Sarafan
viperfdl: What? Level 18 is already max in PoE2?
Sarafan: We were talking about PoE1. In PoE2 max level is 20.
I'm sure the level cap in PoE 1 is 12 and with both addons 16.

viperfdl: btw.: Can you import the character from the first part?
Sarafan: No, but you can import your save and all of the important choices from PoE1. You can also create a history by manually selecting the choices from the first game. It won't be a huge spoiler when I say that the story is a direct sequel of PoE1 and creating the same character is highly suggested (you start from level 1 unfortunately), although there's a plot trick that somewhat explains everything if someone wants to play with a different character. It also explains why you start from level 1 once again.
Okay. Thanks for the answer.
viperfdl: I'm sure the level cap in PoE 1 is 12 and with both addons 16.
Of course you're right. :) My memory played a trick on me.
The Electricity Be Strong With That One... aka Technomancer

This one is definitely a huge step up from Mars and Bound by Flame. It's a much more well-rounded game, even if some of the animation is a bit awkward/stiff and the dialogue can still be a bit off at times. I especially like that I can have two companions now, and that I can outfit them with gear of my choosing, which may boost my base stats, too. Money still seems fairly pointless most of the time because I get so much good stuff from lock-picking, knocking out people, and completing quests.

All in all, I'm having quite a good time with it.
Attachments:
low rated
Duke Nukem World Tour(Steam-PC-Win10)

Above average game, with some nice additions(new episode with new art/secrets/Voice acting that is nice) & some negatives(no time/date on saves, reuse of old art textures in some areas, the re-recorded "clearer" duke talk is meh, etc).

Duke goes around the world in the new episode for some reason(there is no cutscene to explain why) and visits various countries(or he tourist favorite bits of some countries, more or less) along the way. There are also some nice nods to other media that has come along in the interim between Duke3d versions as well.

(Pics are from level 3 of the new episode, the start and finish of it respectively)
Attachments:
Syberia (2002) from GOG's mass giveaway. A nice and easy adventure game. I just finished it too.
Attachments:
low_water.jpg (173 Kb)
Themken: ...
Congrats! :) The game has fantastic atmosphere. I must re-play it someday. Thanks for bringing some memories and good luck with sequel! ;)
ciemnogrodzianin:
I doubt I will ever play the sequel unless that one is also given away for free one day. Adventure games are not really my thing. I did get a bit curious about how it continues so may look at a video. Going to sleep on that first.
Getting to the end of Kingdom Rush with only 3 levels remaining. This one was a bit of a struggle. Forgot at first that your soldiers and elementals killed on this map turn into swamp thing like monsters for the enemy
Attachments:
Matewis: Getting to the end of Kingdom Rush with only 3 levels remaining. This one was a bit of a struggle. Forgot at first that your soldiers and elementals killed on this map turn into swamp thing like monsters for the enemy
I finished Kingdom Rush when it was first published on Flash game websites (but not with the max score -some levels were insane). It's a really fun tower defense.

Do you know if this version adds new stuff, compared to the free game from back then?
ConsulCaesar: I finished Kingdom Rush when it was first published on Flash game websites (but not with the max score -some levels were insane). It's a really fun tower defense.

Do you know if this version adds new stuff, compared to the free game from back then?
Yes, it's surprisingly excellent :)

I played the flash and mobile versions for a while and those have premium content you pay for. I can't remember exactly what that entailed with the kongregate flash version, but I think it's similar to the mobile version: you have to pay to get the extra heroes and levels.
In the PC version, all the heroes as well as all the bonus levels / mini campaigns (about 10 levels total with 5/6 unique bosses) are unlocked from the start. Well, unlocked in that you don't have to pay for them. You still need to unlock them ingame by reaching certain stages of progress. E.g. the final 3 heroes are only unlocked once you finish the main campaign.
It's pretty cheap too. I bought the whole game for less than what it costs to unlock 3 of the 9 heroes on mobile!

Perhaps more importantly, the PC version is simply superior from a technical perspective. It runs/controls far, far better and with crisp full hd support. To me at least the 'free' flash version compares very poorly to it.

OT:

finally
killed one of the final bosses (from bonus mini campaign after finishing the main game)
but the other demons, which I ignored to deal with the boss, have a cloning ability and subsequently
completely overwhelmed me

got it on a another attempt though, but I was concentrating too hard to take a screenshot :P

edit: notice hellboy armwrestling in the top right, and the evil sorcerer suspended in a cage - he is/was the final boss of the main campaign XD The game is full of little details and references like this.
Post edited January 11, 2020 by Matewis
I didn't know Pillars of Eternity 2 is so good. I expected a great game, but this is truly Obsidian's magnum opus! Probably the best game the company has made. I was discouraged by the setting, but the pirate theme does its job. I'm more or less half way through and we'll see how it goes further, but the game has a chance of dethroning BG2 in my personal ranking. Incredible!
Attachments:
poe2_01.jpg (440 Kb)
poe2_02.jpg (374 Kb)
poe2_03.jpg (327 Kb)
poe2_04.jpg (422 Kb)
Post edited January 11, 2020 by Sarafan
Finally managed to beat Kingdom Rush (on normal - I don't want to even know what hard is like).

Left what seemed to be the hardest boss and mini campaign for last:
Begin
A few upgrades later
Final boss arrives
Victory!
World map

Technically I can still attempt the herioc and iron versions of all the blue flags (the ones remaining are all the bonus non-campaign levels), but that's for the really hardcore people. I'm satisfied to finally put this to rest. Phenomenal game - highly recommended for any fan of the genre!