It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Point_Man: I think you should add BLACKHOLE. You can see my exchange with the devs here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/322680/announcements/detail/548708052673393561

They said they want to bring the updates here but that was back in July as you can see. They said their current concern is the new console version. Not the version they have already been selling for a while. Okay.
Point_Man: Sorry for posting this again, just thought it would be good to keep this on the current page as it's currently on sale on GOG & not on the list. Just so people are aware.
hmmm

"Actually that's not fair. GOG is not really friendly towards updates for the game. It's the really huge and costly process to update the game on GOG. :/
[...]
We are trying to get update on GOG since the beginning. But patching games on GOG.com is really hard thing to do - mostly time consuming. [...]"
Point_Man: I think you should add BLACKHOLE. You can see my exchange with the devs here:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/322680/announcements/detail/548708052673393561

They said they want to bring the updates here but that was back in July as you can see. They said their current concern is the new console version. Not the version they have already been selling for a while. Okay.
Point_Man: Sorry for posting this again, just thought it would be good to keep this on the current page as it's currently on sale on GOG & not on the list. Just so people are aware.
Nah, no problem! I'm kind of torn about adding it. According to them, the gog version is kind of, sort of up to date and is (if I'm reading this right and they're not bullshitting) only missing support for two controllers. Besides, the 6-month grace period I usually reserve for games hasn't quite run out. They said they're putting the console version first, but that launched almost 2 months ago, so they might want to consider turning their attention to less important things.

Besides, I'm very curious about their statement that patching games here is a "costly process". I'd like to hear some indie devs chime in on that. Is this true? It certainly would explain why some games here are flat-out abandoned.
Well, I'll be... Through The Woods is downloading 5gigs at the moment via Galaxy! That was fast! :D
fronzelneekburm: Well, I'll be... Through The Woods is downloading 5gigs at the moment via Galaxy! That was fast! :D
Nice! :D

Did you read the changelog, though? (here, at the bottom)
muntdefems: Did you read the changelog, though? (here, at the bottom)
Looks legit: They re-recorded all of the protagonist's English dialogue and switched to a more recent version of Unity. So, all is well in regards to Through The Woods. :)
muntdefems: Did you read the changelog, though? (here, at the bottom)
fronzelneekburm: Looks legit: They re-recorded all of the protagonist's English dialogue and switched to a more recent version of Unity. So, all is well in regards to Through The Woods. :)
No, I mean: they apparently did all that after all of the support from GOGgers, not because a random dude emailed them earlier today and asked what the hell happened with the 10-month-old update that never made it to here...

Or is that just a copy-paste from the Steam update back in the day? (haven't bothered to check)
fronzelneekburm: Looks legit: They re-recorded all of the protagonist's English dialogue and switched to a more recent version of Unity. So, all is well in regards to Through The Woods. :)
muntdefems: No, I mean: they apparently did all that after all of the support from GOGgers, not because a random dude emailed them earlier today and asked what the hell happened with the 10-month-old update that never made it to here...

Or is that just a copy-paste from the Steam update back in the day? (haven't bothered to check)
I'm fairly certain it's the latter. ;P

edit: Yeah, it's the latter. I don't really care either way, as long as the update finally showed up here. ;)
Post edited September 25, 2017 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: I'm fairly certain it's the latter. ;P

edit: Yeah, it's the latter. I don't really care either way, as long as the update finally showed up here. ;)
Of course it is. Well, at least this one doesn't contain any reference to Steamworks and the like... :P
fronzelneekburm: Besides, I'm very curious about their statement that patching games here is a "costly process". I'd like to hear some indie devs chime in on that. Is this true? It certainly would explain why some games here are flat-out abandoned.
Yes i would like to know if this is true or not as well. RWS has been saying similar stuff for almost 3 years now with regards to Postal 2. It's very hard to believe it's anything but bullshit when other indie devs manage to put updates here just fine. Also, why won't any of the ones that claim updating games here is so hard that it takes months/years elaborate on why that is the case. I don't understand why it would be so hard that it would take months/years. Surely there isn't THAT much to change compared to the Steam patches. It's more likely that they don't prioritize the GOG version too much considering it probably makes them a lot less money then from Steam & consoles.

Edit: And ya, maybe in the grand scheme of things if they are being honest about what is missing, it's not that big of a deal if it takes a while for the update to hit GOG.
Post edited September 26, 2017 by user deleted
Just as a bit of general info: The Through The Woods dev team got in touch with me and they explained that there were apparently some issues with the latest build on Steam and they wanted to iron those out before launching it on gog. Anyway, I let them know that said build was already put on gog on Monday.

Which brings me to a general issue: A lot of devs seem to be going for the following approach: Push lots of updates on Steam, even if they're buggy, and bring out a gog update once they have a more "stable" build. Personally, I disagree with that approach, since it garantuees that gog builds will be out of date quickly or even forgotten about eventually. So I propose that gog should encourage devs to update more often - especially if you're using Galaxy, even if that means we get buggy builds more frequently. After all, if there should be an update that breaks something, we still have that cool rollback feature! So giving devs/publishers the chance to update builds directly via Galaxy would be even less risky because of rollback than it is on Steam.

fronzelneekburm: Besides, I'm very curious about their statement that patching games here is a "costly process". I'd like to hear some indie devs chime in on that. Is this true? It certainly would explain why some games here are flat-out abandoned.
Point_Man: Yes i would like to know if this is true or not as well. RWS has been saying similar stuff for almost 3 years now with regards to Postal 2. It's very hard to believe it's anything but bullshit when other indie devs manage to put updates here just fine. Also, why won't any of the ones that claim updating games here is so hard that it takes months/years elaborate on why that is the case. I don't understand why it would be so hard that it would take months/years. Surely there isn't THAT much to change compared to the Steam patches. It's more likely that they don't prioritize the GOG version too much considering it probably makes them a lot less money then from Steam & consoles.

Edit: And ya, maybe in the grand scheme of things if they are being honest about what is missing, it's not that big of a deal if it takes a while for the update to hit GOG.
The Postal people are just huge assholes: "It takes time for us to provide a DRM-free version for gog. In the meantime, buy our game on Steam! It's DRM-free!" I don't think I have to explain to anyone how this is absolute bollocks.

Also, the whole "getting updates on gog is costly and time consuming" seems kind of bogus. Take Darkwood for example: Launched last month, since then they have put out 6 patches and 9 different setup versions. Within a month. If that's so costly, how come a 3-man team be able to afford that?
fronzelneekburm: The Postal people are just huge assholes: "It takes time for us to provide a DRM-free version for gog. In the meantime, buy our game on Steam! It's DRM-free!" I don't think I have to explain to anyone how this is absolute bollocks.

Also, the whole "getting updates on gog is costly and time consuming" seems kind of bogus. Take Darkwood for example: Launched last month, since then they have put out 6 patches and 9 different setup versions. Within a month. If that's so costly, how come a 3-man team be able to afford that?
Exactly. Seems like a lot of these devs are just playing us for fools. If they have a more convincing explanation then the bullshit "It's expensive to release patches on GOG, but we can't explain why. Btw buy the Steam version!", maybe they should let us know why it's so much more expensive.
Was The Testament of Sherlock Holmes ever updated? There's severe mouse lag when played in first person mode, some in third person and nothing noticeable in the point-and-click mode. It appears that there was at least patch 1.0.0.4 released for the game (on Steam, Frogwares potentially offered standalone downloads at some point), but I can't find official changelog.
Since the GOG version number is "gog-5" [removed false information].

If the mouse lag issue is universal, the game is in very poor state.
Post edited September 28, 2017 by African_wildlife
African_wildlife: Since the GOG version number is "gog-5" and the game was released simultaneously with Steam, it is likely that The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is out of date.
Incorrect. The game was released years later on GOG.
African_wildlife: Since the GOG version number is "gog-5" and the game was released simultaneously with Steam, it is likely that The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is out of date.
Grargar: Incorrect. The game was released years later on GOG.
Thank you, you're right: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_four_sherlock_holmes_games_68515
I confused the release date displayed on the store page.
Majesty Gold HD apparently got update with modding support on Steam, but never on GOG.