It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
pedrovay2003: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is DRM-free. Yes, you read that correctly. It looks like they added SwGame-Win64-Shipping.exe in a recent update, and it not only completely bypasses any Origin or EA account requirements, but it also runs without Steam, and saving and loading also work perfectly. There's no way that this was intentionally done, so anyone who wants it might want to grab it on sale now and back up the files.
_Auster_: Mind getting a checksum of the executable, so that people that get this game later on can know if they still get the DRM free executable?
Sure thing.

SHA1: e5096ecd15f4337ab9fced36dc8826e7771baec9

SHA256: d6f8be0a937c8167fdbb6e6425fe1da31cc25694ca328c66607c55b5b526c91f

MD5: c26768d5a10521091630cf10d5f80739
_Line: Hello Pedrovay, may you please update Mount & Blade Warband?

I did some testing and Steam version is not drm free, as it requires Steam to work.
Their offline setup is also drmed because you need a key that is tied to a server to activate it. The offline key you got after updating it, is tied to the hardware where you activate it and it needs a first time online activation to work, so even their 'offline key' requires a first time online activation.

The one and only truly Mount & Blade Warband DRM Free version is GOG version.
pedrovay2003: This has already been removed from the wiki, from what I can tell.
Thank you for your work Pedrovay.
I was gifted some games today and tested to see if they can run without Steam.

Mommy's Best Action Pack - These appear to be DRM-free games. They include a steam_appid.txt file with their respective Steam ID numbers. Removing these files trigger a Steam login but the games can still be played by closing Steam or (presumably) by uninstalling Steam after installation, otherwise their steam_appid.txt file prevents the login prompt. Games in this bundle:
Weapon of Choice
Shoot 1-Up
Explosionade
Game Type

Crimzon Clover World EXplosion - Sadly requires Steam to play. Tried the steam_appid.txt trick and it did not work.

Tested on Windows 10.
Post edited December 25, 2021 by AmethystViper
pedrovay2003: Sure thing.

I asked a friend who has the game on Origin to check that version and see if it runs without Origin as well.

First, he checked the game's files, and there's an executable with those exact hashes in that version.

But when he tested it using the same computer where Origin was installed, the game would only boot without Origin if he set the computer to be offline.

And even then, the game shows an error message that needs to be dismissed by clicking in the button that says "CLOSE" for the game to properly boot up.

My friend didn't test it further, but I imagine the best options are either to remove Origin completely for the game to run "DRM free", or block the executable in either the computer or the router's firewall, although I imagine that the latter option is less likely to work.
Post edited December 25, 2021 by _Auster_
pedrovay2003: Sure thing.

_Auster_: I asked a friend who has the game on Origin to check that version and see if it runs without Origin as well.

First, he checked the game's files, and there's an executable with those exact hashes in that version.

But when he tested it using the same computer where Origin was installed, the game would only boot without Origin if he set the computer to be offline.

And even then, the game shows an error message that needs to be dismissed by clicking in the button that says "CLOSE" for the game to properly boot up.

My friend didn't test it further, but I imagine the best options are either to remove Origin completely for the game to run "DRM free", or block the executable in either the computer or the router's firewall, although I imagine that the latter option is less likely to work.
I works for me when I removed "origin.exe" out of the installation folder of the Origin Client.
Just cut and paste it to desktop for example.
Sadly Jedi Fallen Order only works with english voice over localisation. There are several depots for different languages that get correctly downloaded when you change the language for the game in steam, but they aren't recognized by the game. You just get muted dialogue. Only the ui text and subtitles can be changed ingame without problem.
I've tried several things, from adding locale regentries, environment variables to renaming the german language files to the english ones (which couldn't work, as the audio files have different names, as I saw later when unpacking the archives), but to no avail.
Apparently one needs to change the language in Origin to setup the game correctly.
It's a bummer, since the german localisation seems to be really good in this game.

edit: I did it!
1. You have to download the Custom Ini kit to be able to use permament configuration overrides via a custom DefaultEngine.ini.
2. Referring to this UE4 documentation, you then add the following lines to DefaultEngine.ini
[Internationalization]
+EnabledCultures="de-DE"

This tells the game to ONLY use the german localisation. Replace "de-DE" with the IETF code for your language (de-DE, es-ES, es-MX, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP, ko, pl-PL, pt_BR, ru-RU, zh-Hans, zh-Hant)
3. Make the custom pak file according to the PCGW info from 1.

So far it works without problems. Will add the info to PCGW later.
Post edited December 26, 2021 by russellskanne
russellskanne: Sadly Jedi Fallen Order only works with english voice over localisation. There are several depots for different languages that get correctly downloaded when you change the language for the game in steam, but they aren't recognized by the game. You just get muted dialogue. Only the ui text and subtitles can be changed ingame without problem.
I've tried several things, from adding locale regentries, environment variables to renaming the german language files to the english ones (which couldn't work, as the audio files have different names, as I saw later when unpacking the archives), but to no avail.
Apparently one needs to change the language in Origin to setup the game correctly.
It's a bummer, since the german localisation seems to be really good in this game.
Might be a long shot, but what happens if you use the exe of the English build in the other versions?
Noticed this one wasn't reported for Windows yet: Beholder can be launched directly from the executable with steam_appid.txt containing the game's Steam App ID number in the main game folder on Win 10.
Banana Hell can be launched directly from the executable on Win 10.
Already listed for Windows and Linux, but Rise to Ruins (app/328080) is also on Mac, and since it says in the store page that it is completely DRM free, the Mac build is most likely DRM free as well.

Full comment about presence of DRM in the game (or the lack thereof), taken from the store page:
DRM Free:

SixtyGig Games is a DRM free independent game developer! Rise to Ruins will not now or ever in the future have any sort of DRM! Piracy protection only hurts you guys, the loyal paying players. So you rest assured knowing that once you buy yourself a copy of Rise to Ruins you'll never again have to concern yourself with nagging questions about if you can continue playing the game down the road due to something like always-online logins, lost registration codes or because you bought a new computer and you're only licensed to put the game on one. All I ask from you is to be reasonable and responsible, you can buy the game and play it as much as you like, wherever you like. Just tell your friends to support my DRM-Free philosophy and buy their own copy! Free Content Patches, no paid-DLC
Also, some parts of this information from the game's description seem to imply who bought the game can keep it even if Steam is no longer accessible.

Applauses for the dev.

(And the game is also here and on Itchio, if even in those circumstances, someone doesn't want to buy the game on Steam)
BallisticNG (app/473770)

From the store page:
DRM Free
BallisticNG and its DLCs are DRM free. Steam is only used for delivering updates, handling leaderboards and providing optional workshop and Steam based multiplayer support. Once you have the files the game is yours to run wherever you want!
Just not sure if the Steam based multiplayer is some direct IP connection multiplayer wrapped with Steam or if it's DRM'd multiplayer. But it has LAN multiplayer too.
Noticed this one wasn't listed for Windows yet either:

DOSBox Games
Jagged Alliance Gold: Both Jagged Alliance and Jagged Alliance Deadly Games can be launched directly from their respective run.bat files on Win 10.
(ø,ø): Noticed this one wasn't listed for Windows yet either:

DOSBox Games
Jagged Alliance Gold: Both Jagged Alliance and Jagged Alliance Deadly Games can be launched directly from their respective run.bat files on Win 10.
If I remember right, one of the conditions of the license for the emulator DOSBox is that it must not include DRM in commercial releases, so when a game uses it on Steam, DOSBox itself will always be DRM free.

Despite that, the actual games are DRM free MS-DOS games which should be playable on pretty much any recent DOS emulators in pretty much any platform.
Working without the client; no tricks needed (tested on win7):
-Football Game
-TaniNani
-Night Delivery
Okay, we're all updated again!