It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Given that Jedi Fallen Order is drm-free, has anyone tried the Mass Effect Legendary Edition to see if it is drm-free?
coates32: Given that Jedi Fallen Order is drm-free, has anyone tried the Mass Effect Legendary Edition to see if it is drm-free?
dont give me hope :(
realMyst Masterpiece Edition works without the client. No tweaks needed. Windows version tested.
Post edited April 05, 2022 by AB2012
coates32: Given that Jedi Fallen Order is drm-free, has anyone tried the Mass Effect Legendary Edition to see if it is drm-free?
I tried it, and it's a no-go, unfortunately. With Jedi, they actually added a DRM-free .exe, and the original DRMed .exe is still included (and used by default). Mass Effect never got anything like that, and you only get the DRMed .exe when you download it.
Post edited January 19, 2022 by pedrovay2003
pedrovay2003: I tried it, and it's a no-go, unfortunately. With Jedi, they actually added a DRM-free .exe, and the original DRMed .exe is still included (and used by default). Mass Effect never got anything like that, and you only get the DRMed .exe when you download it.
Hi,I'm new with the forum and this thread, I've compiled my collection based on your list with Linux/WINE section added, how do contribute?

edit: I was intended to update the Epic DRM-free games, I have moved this post accordingly
Post edited January 21, 2022 by armandhaa
pedrovay2003: I tried it, and it's a no-go, unfortunately. With Jedi, they actually added a DRM-free .exe, and the original DRMed .exe is still included (and used by default). Mass Effect never got anything like that, and you only get the DRMed .exe when you download it.
I'm still so curious about what prompted that addition, especially with it coming so close to it being on Amazon for the month.
Amclass: I'm still so curious about what prompted that addition, especially with it coming so close to it being on Amazon for the month.
Considering the DRM free EXE is sitting in the same folder as the DRM'd EXE and it doesn't have a proper name, I'd guess someone left it there by accident. It happens some times.
Thanks for the update.
high rated
The Humble Store currently has a Cyan bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/myst-more-bundle

I have tested all 11 games (Myst 2021 not included) on Windows 10 and the results are below:

Myst: Masterpiece Edition: The game is bundled with a ScummVM version that won't run without Steam. Just use another version of ScummVM and you are good to go.
Riven: The Sequel to MYST: Unlike Myst, the game is bundled with a ScummVM version that will run without Steam, out of the box.
Myst III: Exile: The game is bundled with ResidualVM and will work without Steam, out of the box.
Myst IV: Revelation: The game will run without Steam, out of the box (the executable can be found inside the bin folder).
URU: Complete Chronicles: The game will run without Steam, out of the box.
Myst V: End of Ages: The game will run without Steam, out of the box.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition: As AB2012 mentioned above, the game will run without Steam, out of the box.
Obduction: The game will run without Steam, out of the box.
Cosmic Osmo and the World Beyond the Mackerel: I couldn't get the game to run without Steam.
The Manhole: Masterpiece Edition: I couldn't get the game to run without Steam (Note: ScummVM is not compatible with this version of Manhole).
Spelunx and the Caves of Mr. Seudo: The game will run without Steam, out of the box.
Post edited January 29, 2022 by Grargar
Okay, we're all updated again!
Capitalism Plus === DOSBOX, works without Steam
Elite Warriors Vietnam === Works perfectly without Steam client. No tricks needed.

Tested on Win10 Pro.
Post edited March 11, 2022 by Heretic777
With the latest Update 1.0.5.8 Project Warlock requires Steam to run.
Elden Ring does require the Steam to run.
coates32: Elden Ring does require the Steam to run.
Apparently the game can have its Easy Anti-cheat (and multiplayer in the process) disabled through a few methods, like renaming "elden_ring.exe" as "start_protected_game.exe" to replace the original start_protected_game.exe, using the steam_appid.txt method that often can be used for the games listed as DRM free in the attached wiki in the OP here, and disabling the game's access to the internet.

So if you could confirm whether any of those methods work or not, or even if other usual methods to disable Steam's API work, it'd be much appreciated.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by _Auster_
coates32: Elden Ring does require the Steam to run.
_Auster_: Apparently the game can have its Easy Anti-cheat (and multiplayer in the process) disabled through a few methods, like renaming "elden_ring.exe" as "start_protected_game.exe" to replace the original start_protected_game.exe, using the steam_appid.txt method that often can be used for the games listed as DRM free in the attached wiki in the OP here, and disabling the game's access to the internet.

So if you could confirm whether any of those methods work or not, or even if other usual methods to disable Steam's API work, it'd be much appreciated.
I've tried running the "elden_ring.exe" file with the steam_appid.txt method, but no dice. As a big Souls fan, I'm bummed out that that trick didn't work.