It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Never in my life did I see an executable dll file however I tried and still get the same error (this time "could not find the command dotnet.dll"(.
pedrovay2003: Yeah, the. dll thing really tripped me up at first, too. And I'm sorry that it's still not working for you, you're making sure that the command line is actually in the program folder, right? I never got that error. :-\
There's no executable dotnet.dll (or even a non executable dotnet.dll file) anywhere on my HDD so I am not surprised that it does not run.
You know what? I may have put the .dll in the wrong place. Try it like this:

dotnet DepotDownloader.dll -app <appid> -depot <depotid> -manifest <manifestid> username <yourusername> -password <yourpassword>
It looks like the Epic version of Horizon: Zero Dawn is DRM-free. Anyone have the Steam version to test?
pedrovay2003: It looks like the Epic version of Horizon: Zero Dawn is DRM-free. Anyone have the Steam version to test?
Are you sure Epic is drm free? I cant imagine such a big name title would be.
Post edited August 08, 2020 by comicbookguy90
pedrovay2003: It looks like the Epic version of Horizon: Zero Dawn is DRM-free. Anyone have the Steam version to test?
comicbookguy90: Are you sure Epic is drm free? I cant imagine such a big name title would be.
I believe it is, yes; it looks like the pcgamingwiki page was updated to reflect that, too. I'm glad I hadn't yet bought it on Steam, because if it's still DRM-free after the major patch, I'll probably get it on Epic. (Unless the Steam version is also DRM-free, which is what I'm wondering.)
Spark the Electric Jester 1 and 2 both run without Steam. You can add to the wiki.

What was some one saying about Sonic Mania? I'm pretty sure you need Steam client to run it and no tricks can fix it.

Also Im pretty sure Sonic Generations has to run with Steam too but wondering if any tricks around it?
comicbookguy90: Are you sure Epic is drm free? I cant imagine such a big name title would be.
I wouldn't be surprised, epic seems to be better at having drm game free titles than steam.
Truth007: I wouldn't be surprised, epic seems to be better at having drm game free titles than steam.
At least for the bigger titles.

Also some one mentioned able to get Sonic Mania drm free? Was there an older version of Sonic Mania that was drm free?
Post edited August 09, 2020 by comicbookguy90
It looks like Horizon on Steam is NOT DRM-free the way the Epic store version is. I ended up getting it on Steam because I've been burned by Epic games having DRM added in updates, and unlike with Steam, you can't downgrade Epic games, so I'd rather have the Steam client if I have to have one.

Truth007: I wouldn't be surprised, epic seems to be better at having drm game free titles than steam.
comicbookguy90: At least for the bigger titles.

Also some one mentioned able to get Sonic Mania drm free? Was there an older version of Sonic Mania that was drm free?
Sonic Mania isn't DRM-free now, and to my knowledge, it's never been DRM-free; in fact, it used to have Denuvo. Who mentioned it being DRM-free? That would be an amazing discovery. If you're talking about my comment above, I was just talking about downloading and old version of the game, but I was specifically trying to get a version with Denuvo so I could test something.
Post edited August 09, 2020 by pedrovay2003
pedrovay2003: It looks like Horizon on Steam is NOT DRM-free the way the Epic store version is. I ended up getting it on Steam because I've been burned by Epic games having DRM added in updates, and unlike with Steam, you can't downgrade Epic games, so I'd rather have the Steam client if I have to have one.

comicbookguy90: At least for the bigger titles.

pedrovay2003: Sonic Mania isn't DRM-free now, and to my knowledge, it's never been DRM-free; in fact, it used to have Denuvo. Who mentioned it being DRM-free? That would be an amazing discovery. If you're talking about my comment above, I was just talking about downloading and old version of the game, but I was specifically trying to get a version with Denuvo so I could test something.
oh ok. yes i was referring to that.
Can anyone check if the new Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town game is drm free on steam? Some of xseed games are.
Also Monster Crown is drm free on Steam.
coates32: I can't say much about the Grandia 2 on Steam, but the first one needs Steam to start up. This is with trying the "steam_appid.txt" trick.
MysterD: This info also helps, as it's about another Grandia game - in this case, the original game's HD version - on Steam. Thanks for that info!

So, anyone else got info on Grandia II HD Remaster and Grandia II: Anniversary Editions on Steam? Are those protected by CEG? Denuvo? Any other DRM crap? Or are they DRM-FREE?
Late reply, but still...

Afaik, if a game on Steam uses any DRM besides Steamworks, it's mentioned in the game's store page. And since neither Grandia or Grandia II HD have such a warning, I think it can be assumed they don't have it.

Now, about Steamworks, I'd test it pronto if I had them. Hopefully I can get them in a sale any time soon or someone else can test them.
Some more tested:

Blood Price (app ID 1300270): Opens normally

Don't Escape - 4 Days to Survive (app ID 611760): Requires steam_appid.txt with 611760 written in it

Okami (app ID 587620): Says it's a Steam link with either steam_appid.txt, -nosteam argument or by removing the dll files

Pussy 3 (app ID 1067020): Opens normally
MysterD: This info also helps, as it's about another Grandia game - in this case, the original game's HD version - on Steam. Thanks for that info!

So, anyone else got info on Grandia II HD Remaster and Grandia II: Anniversary Editions on Steam? Are those protected by CEG? Denuvo? Any other DRM crap? Or are they DRM-FREE?
_Auster_: Late reply, but still...

Afaik, if a game on Steam uses any DRM besides Steamworks, it's mentioned in the game's store page. And since neither Grandia or Grandia II HD have such a warning, I think it can be assumed they don't have it.

Now, about Steamworks, I'd test it pronto if I had them. Hopefully I can get them in a sale any time soon or someone else can test them.
CEG is Steam's DRM wrapper.

A lot of games on Steam use CEG, but don't mention if they do...or not.

And of course - there are some games on Steam which aren't protected by anything and even are not using Steam - i.e. see Enslaved. But, it doesn't mention if those games are DRM-FREE on there either.