It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pedrovay2003: I can confirm this, unfortunately. I have no idea why they would have done that, but here we are.
One addition regarding Superhot DRM-free. I just tested different versions and the last DRM-free version is
from 16 March 2020 – 14:10
Manifest: 5725264681810745957
Post edited July 10, 2020 by MarkoH01
Adventures of Pip is DRM Free using the appid.txt trick.

Windows 7

Also looks like Super Hydorah is not DRM Free anymore. Keeps launching Steam and if you try the appid.txt trick it doesn't even open the game at all. Just sits there.
Post edited July 10, 2020 by Crimson-X
Flinthook works outside of steam. Just note that achivements, leaderboards, and cloud saving will not work (actually tells you this on the main menu of the game) but it's still 100% playable. Launch the flinthook.exe

Windows 7
Post edited July 11, 2020 by Crimson-X
Crimson-X: Flinthook works outside of steam. Just note that achivements, leaderboards, and cloud saving will not work (actually tells you this on the main menu of the game) but it's still 100% playable. Launch the flinthook.exe

Windows 7
Will game-progress save and whatnot while offline?
Crimson-X: Flinthook works outside of steam. Just note that achivements, leaderboards, and cloud saving will not work (actually tells you this on the main menu of the game) but it's still 100% playable. Launch the flinthook.exe

Windows 7
MysterD: Will game-progress save and whatnot while offline?
I actually did not play enough to know if it does or now. I'll have to test that out. I'll do it today since I'm off work.

UPDATE: Yes the game does still save your progress. However saves are not synced which means it creates 2 different save files. One if you don't have Steam running, and for one for if you do have it running.

Not a deal breaker. At least it still saves.
Post edited July 14, 2020 by Crimson-X
The Antidote adventure game is DRM-free.

Note: confusingly there are two adventure games, "Antidote", and "The Antidote". I am talking about the point and click adventure (with "the" in the title), not the virtual reality game.

Tested on Windows 10.
Okay, we're all updated again!

MarkoH01: Also in case you did not know. Steam recently even killed the possibility to download old versions of Steam games (good to get the latest still DRM-free version i.e.) using the console. However with the help of a tool called "cheat machine" (it's free just google) you can easily revert this by simply changing some bytes in memory.

"1. Run Cheat Engine.
2. File -> Open Process -> Steam
3. Set the right-hand settings to the following:
- "Memory Scan Options": steamclient.dll (just keep pressing S when the drop-down is open to iterate through each and find it quicker)
- "Value Type": Array of byte
- "Hex": checked
- "Writable": unchecked (!)
- "Array of byte": D0 84 C0 0F 85 2E FF FF FF
4. Click "First Scan". You should get a single Address and the searched Value next to it.
5. Right-click the Value -> Change value of selected address(es)
6. Enter new value: D0 84 C0 E9 2F FF FF FF 90
7. Click OK. Done. You can now exit Cheat Engine and are able to downgrade games without the "Manifest not available" error, until you exit Steam. Continue through the guide as before.
You will have to do this every time Steam is (re)started."
If I may suggest it, I'm a fan of DepotDownloader to download old Steam versions now. It's all Command Line based, but the commands aren't much different than they were when the Steam console worked, and you don't have to edit/un-edit anything to use it.

https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again!

MarkoH01: Also in case you did not know. Steam recently even killed the possibility to download old versions of Steam games (good to get the latest still DRM-free version i.e.) using the console. However with the help of a tool called "cheat machine" (it's free just google) you can easily revert this by simply changing some bytes in memory.

"1. Run Cheat Engine.
2. File -> Open Process -> Steam
3. Set the right-hand settings to the following:
- "Memory Scan Options": steamclient.dll (just keep pressing S when the drop-down is open to iterate through each and find it quicker)
- "Value Type": Array of byte
- "Hex": checked
- "Writable": unchecked (!)
- "Array of byte": D0 84 C0 0F 85 2E FF FF FF
4. Click "First Scan". You should get a single Address and the searched Value next to it.
5. Right-click the Value -> Change value of selected address(es)
6. Enter new value: D0 84 C0 E9 2F FF FF FF 90
7. Click OK. Done. You can now exit Cheat Engine and are able to downgrade games without the "Manifest not available" error, until you exit Steam. Continue through the guide as before.
You will have to do this every time Steam is (re)started."
pedrovay2003: If I may suggest it, I'm a fan of DepotDownloader to download old Steam versions now. It's all Command Line based, but the commands aren't much different than they were when the Steam console worked, and you don't have to edit/un-edit anything to use it.

Afair I tried the DepotDownloader and had some troubles with it - can't remember which troubles I had though. Maybe I'll test it again and tell you.
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again!

If I may suggest it, I'm a fan of DepotDownloader to download old Steam versions now. It's all Command Line based, but the commands aren't much different than they were when the Steam console worked, and you don't have to edit/un-edit anything to use it.

MarkoH01: Afair I tried the DepotDownloader and had some troubles with it - can't remember which troubles I had though. Maybe I'll test it again and tell you.
Have you tried SteamCMD? Downloading old versions should work using the download_depot command.

download_depot <appid> <depotid> [<target manifestid>]
MarkoH01: Afair I tried the DepotDownloader and had some troubles with it - can't remember which troubles I had though. Maybe I'll test it again and tell you.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Have you tried SteamCMD? Downloading old versions should work using the download_depot command.

You obviously did not read my post. With the new UI Steam also broke the feature to download older versions of the game via depot downloading and since SteamCMD afaik is nothing more than Steam without the UI I am almost sure that it won't work better than with the client itself. To download older versions you now will have to use third party tools (like the mentioned depot downloader) or "fix" Steam using cheat engine as described above.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Have you tried SteamCMD? Downloading old versions should work using the download_depot command.

MarkoH01: You obviously did not read my post. With the new UI Steam also broke the feature to download older versions of the game via depot downloading and since SteamCMD afaik is nothing more than Steam without the UI I am almost sure that it won't work better than with the client itself. To download older versions you now will have to use third party tools (like the mentioned depot downloader) or "fix" Steam using cheat engine as described above.
I did read your post but Valve castrating their GUI to take advanced features from average users doesn't mean they also cut down features on their tools for pros. I thought it was worth trying.

But I have just tried and can confirm that only the latest manifest will download with SteamCMD as well.
MarkoH01: You obviously did not read my post. With the new UI Steam also broke the feature to download older versions of the game via depot downloading and since SteamCMD afaik is nothing more than Steam without the UI I am almost sure that it won't work better than with the client itself. To download older versions you now will have to use third party tools (like the mentioned depot downloader) or "fix" Steam using cheat engine as described above.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I did read your post but Valve castrating their GUI to take advanced features from average users doesn't mean they also cut down features on their tools for pros. I thought it was worth trying.

But I have just tried and can confirm that only the latest manifest will download with SteamCMD as well.
Thanks for testing then :)
Will have to checkout the depot downloader tool when I find the time. I know I had some problems with it but I just cannot remember what problems it were.

Just tried it - the problem was:

"Could not find the command "dotnet" ..."

Seems as if I am missing something (and dotnet is installed so it should not be that).
Post edited July 31, 2020 by MarkoH01
Geralt_of_Rivia: I did read your post but Valve castrating their GUI to take advanced features from average users doesn't mean they also cut down features on their tools for pros. I thought it was worth trying.

MarkoH01: Thanks for testing then :)
Will have to checkout the depot downloader tool when I find the time. I know I had some problems with it but I just cannot remember what problems it were.

Seems as if I am missing something (and dotnet is installed so it should not be that).
The command is dotnet.dll; you actually have to put in the .dll part. Open a Command Prompt in the DepotDownloader folder and run the following...

dotnet.dll DepotDownloader -app <appid> -depot <depotid> -manifest <manifestid> username <yourusername> -password <yourpassword>

...and replace everything in the < > with your information. If you have Steam Guard enabled, you'll have to type that in after you press Enter. I tried it last night with Sonic Mania, and it still works for me (even if it doesn't look like it's doing anything).
MarkoH01: Thanks for testing then :)

pedrovay2003: The command is dotnet.dll; you actually have to put in the .dll part. Open a Command Prompt in the DepotDownloader folder and run the following...

dotnet.dll DepotDownloader -app <appid> -depot <depotid> -manifest <manifestid> username <yourusername> -password <yourpassword>

...and replace everything in the < > with your information. If you have Steam Guard enabled, you'll have to type that in after you press Enter. I tried it last night with Sonic Mania, and it still works for me (even if it doesn't look like it's doing anything).
Never in my life did I see an executable dll file however I tried and still get the same error (this time "could not find the command dotnet.dll"(.
pedrovay2003: The command is dotnet.dll; you actually have to put in the .dll part. Open a Command Prompt in the DepotDownloader folder and run the following...

MarkoH01: Never in my life did I see an executable dll file however I tried and still get the same error (this time "could not find the command dotnet.dll"(.
Yeah, the. dll thing really tripped me up at first, too. And I'm sorry that it's still not working for you, you're making sure that the command line is actually in the program folder, right? I never got that error. :-\