It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Neighbor

Mint

Both playable out of the box without Steam on Win7/64
Risen

Download and extract the contents of the following file

[url=ftp://ftp.kochmedia.com/pub/hotline/deepsilver/risen/Risen_Patch_1.10_MUI_HP.zip]ftp://ftp.kochmedia.com/pub/hotline/deepsilver/risen/Risen_Patch_1.10_MUI_HP.zip[/url]

provided by the publisher of the game into the corresponding installation folder, overwriting existing files. This should go into the "Patchable Games" category of the wiki if I'm not mistaken.

Tested on Win XP 32-bit, Win 7 64-bit and Win 10 64-bit
Post edited April 22, 2019 by DCG83
The Darkside Detective (currently listed for Linux) is also DRM-Free for Windows without any workarounds.
Post edited April 26, 2019 by AB2012
Gothic II: Gold Edition

Download and install this patch to make the game run without the Steam client.

Tested on Win XP 32-bit, Win 7 64-bit and Win 10 64-bit

Side note: Gothic 1 and Gothic 3 are already in the wiki, but they should be in the "Patchable Games" category as well.
Okay, we're all updated again. I'll take a look at that long list of ScummVM stuff when I get a chance to sit down for a bit longer, but for now, everything other than that is good to go.
Guard Duty can be played without Steam out of the box.

Tested on Win7/64
Divide by Sheep runs fine without the client on Windows 10.
Another bunch of Artifex Mundi games - all work with the steam_appid.txt trick on Win7/64:

Chronicles of Magic: Divided Kingdoms (746840)
Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt (599560)
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City (458470)
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne (834390)
Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom (536780)
Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce (814030)
Blood: Fresh Supply

Playable without the Steam client. Tested on Win 10 64-bit.
Prey (2006)

Although this game was removed from the Steam store a long time ago, you can still add it to your account with a retail or Steam key. Now if you download and install the retail patch 1.4 from here it overwrites the prey.exe, making the game playable without the Steam client.

Tested on Win 10 64-bit.
Okay, we're all updated again. As always, thanks for all of the help and new games!

Another Epic store one, for those that don't mind downloading from there: I'm absolutely thrilled to say that Journey is DRM-free. You won't get any online interaction if you're not running it through the client, but the single-player game is completely portable, just like everything else that Annapurna has put on there so far. Journey was one of my favorite games of the last console generation, so to have a DRM-free version that natively supports 4K is fantastic. I really hope it hits GOG in the future.
Finally (1 and 2 stillneeded the client):

The Room Three is playable without the Steam client by using the steam_:appid.txt trick (456750).

Tested on Win7/64
Army Men
Army Men 2
Army Men RTS
Army Men Toys in Space

Works without Steam on Windows 10 Pro.
Is the first post up to date?
I'd like to know if PopCap Games such as Zuma Deluxe, Chuzzle, and others can run without steam.
RickyAndersen: Is the first post up to date? I'd like to know if PopCap Games such as Zuma Deluxe, Chuzzle, and others can run without steam.
I can confirm Bejeweled 3 works without Steam, but I don't own the others to test. It would be nice if someone who does could check as these are the kind of 2000-2005 era flash games that had their own dedicated authentication servers pulled a while back after EA acquired them.