It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
Leonard03: Schweeeet, but I'm guessing I need to install Galaxy to take advantage of this correct?
Correct.
joemama525: does this support my retail disc copy of Battlefront 2? or do i have to buy the game on GOG or Steam?
You need to have the GOG or Steam version of the game.
all time send message - connection to host lost.
Exarkun631: Cant connect to any server! Has anyone actually played?
same problem
Post edited October 04, 2017 by wwwe
How populated are the servers?
There's MANY people that have trouble connecting to servers, myself included.

The servers are populated, but probably would be moreso if people could actually connect.

Why do I keep getting stuck at "Joining Session..."!?
Enebias: A question for everyone who has tried multiplayer: is the game still alive and kicking or there are very few players?
Linerax: About 2500 Steam players fill the multiplayer alone, then you also have to add GOG players in the mix. Population may drop after the initial hype, when the new Battlefront II is released, and technical issues still exists.

https://steamdb.info/app/6060/graphs/
The new Battlefront 2 from EA looks like hot garbage just like the first game. Give me this Battlefront 2 (the TRUE number 2) any day of the week.
Why is GOG Galaxy required? I mean, I use it but it would be nice to just connect to the servers without it. Who is hosting these servers now? Steam or GOG? Disney? Since before it used to be GameSpy.

Also, the main method of playing multiplayer BEFORE this update was GameRanger. That was the most populated solution, and now I can't even connect to those games. This is unfortunate.

Also, is there any way to change our in-game name? It used to go by our profile name in Battlefront II recently, but now it has to use our GOG username it seems.

... And yeah, still getting stuck at joining servers. Stuck at "Joining Session..." often.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by 8BitGinno
8BitGinno: Why is GOG Galaxy required? I mean, I use it but it would be nice to just connect to the servers without it. Who is hosting these servers now? Steam or GOG? Disney? Since before it used to be GameSpy.

Also, the main method of playing multiplayer BEFORE this update was GameRanger. That was the most populated solution, and now I can't even connect to those games. This is unfortunate.

Also, is there any way to change our in-game name? It used to go by our profile name in Battlefront II recently, but now it has to use our GOG username it seems.

... And yeah, still getting stuck at joining servers. Stuck at "Joining Session..." often.
"Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot."

https://www.gog.com/news/star_wars_battlefront_ii_now_supports_crossplay

GOG is in charge of the multiplayer service who was given permission by Disney. Can you explain about the GOG Galaxy requirement? Every time I activate the game(non-Steam version), the Galaxy client opens up on my desktop a second before the game starts.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by Linerax
Same as people before me, I can't connect to any server. After few seconds of "Joining session..." I get "Connection to host lost" message. After a few more attempts of joining and refreshing servers list I lost abbility to refresh too.
I honestly can't tell what's wrong. Please look into this since I was very much looking to finaly check multiplayer for myself (I had problems with GameRanger lunching game with integrated graphics).
Domin6o: Same as people before me, I can't connect to any server. After few seconds of "Joining session..." I get "Connection to host lost" message. After a few more attempts of joining and refreshing servers list I lost abbility to refresh too.
I honestly can't tell what's wrong. Please look into this since I was very much looking to finaly check multiplayer for myself (I had problems with GameRanger lunching game with integrated graphics).
I have this problem too. I find going into the options, changing bandwidth (doesn't make a difference overall), and going back to the multiplayer allows you to reattempt joins and refreshes.

Also, when you fix the bugs, can you add voice chat? That would rock!
After way more attempts I have established this much:
- Servers with high player count will almost always send you back with "lost connection to the host" message.
- Other servers will hold you up to minute with "Joining session..." and then act as above.
- Some servers will allow you to join after 5-15 seconds of "Joining session..."
- After failed attempt to join or disconnecting from "Joining session..." window server list will refuse to refresh.
- Ping display is broken and always shows 0 for every server. This makes finding playable server even harder.
- I couldn't find server with players with ping lower than 100 ms. It's usally about 150+ (I'm in EU).
I have to conlude that multiplayer experience is, at the moment, painful. It's sad cause I couldn't play with GameRanger either since it would launch Battlefront II on integrated graphic card, for me, rendering game unplayable. :-(
Post edited October 07, 2017 by Domin6o
joemama525: does this support my retail disc copy of Battlefront 2? or do i have to buy the game on GOG or Steam?
fables22: You need to have the GOG or Steam version of the game.
This update actually killed SW BF2 multiplayer. No more dedicated servers. Only PC hosted ones with no Ping info, bad connections, and general inability to connect to any of them anyway.

We want our user hosted dedicated servers back.
GOG.com: A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
This is great news, but we're still waiting for LucasArts' and Pandemic's original Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) to be released on GOG.
BrandeX: We want our user hosted dedicated servers back.
We'll have to see if this goes anywhere...
fables22: You need to have the GOG or Steam version of the game.
BrandeX: This update actually killed SW BF2 multiplayer. No more dedicated servers. Only PC hosted ones with no Ping info, bad connections, and general inability to connect to any of them anyway.

We want our user hosted dedicated servers back.
They got rid of the dedicated servers with this update? GOD DAMN thank god I had a download before the patch so now I know this is galaxy only online now... Thanks gog 3 thumbs up and a cookie for you. -_-
Post edited October 09, 2017 by DreamedArtist