It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
devindeasian: So I downloaded star wars battlefront 2 classic onto my computer and says it cannot run because I am missing a few files
Which files?
Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to fix it?
I'd start by finding the missing files.
devindeasian: So I downloaded star wars battlefront 2 classic onto my computer and says it cannot run because I am missing a few files even though I have not messed with any of the files of the game. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to fix it?
Can you tell us which files it says are missing?

What OS are you running?

If it's Windows 10, have you got any other games that use DirectX 9.0c installed?

My guess (without any further information from you) is that you don't have the DirectX 9.0c redistributable installed. Try going here and following the links:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=34429
devindeasian: So I downloaded star wars battlefront 2 classic onto my computer and says it cannot run because I am missing a few files even though I have not messed with any of the files of the game. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to fix it?
Seems weird...If you installed from galaxy try and verify files...If not then download the offline installer and see what happens.