It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
Thank you GOG. May the Force be with you ...
Powered by Galaxy?
So Steam users also play through Galaxy?
Or did the developers simply patch in a bit of the Galaxy API to allow their own matchmaking code to interact with Galaxy?
I've seriously got to try this game
I prefer single player . The AI never rage quit .
Now the only thing we need is Linux and Mac versions.
Nice. Thank you!
Heh, this is great news. I hope the same happens to other older games with multiplayer here, though I suppose it isn't likely.
Is this a new master server? If so, can we have the IP so we can use it with the PlayStation 2 version of the game?
high rated
Fantastic news.

Now if only GOG would get the Steam versions of KOTOR 2 and Empire at War.
Will the real Battlefront 2 please stand up? ;) That's cool. It might actually give me enough incentive to play the game as it's been kind of sitting in my backlog.

Would it be too much to expect Empire at War also to regain multiplayer capability? A month ago the Steam version did, so I'm not sure if that's a possibility still - I imagine Battlefront's update was created for both clients in tandem - but it would be cool.

Not that I'd ever play EaW multi. I'm horrible playing RTSs against real people. I love turtling too much.
Post edited October 02, 2017 by mistermumbles
Schweeeet, but I'm guessing I need to install Galaxy to take advantage of this correct?
Smannesman: Powered by Galaxy?
So Steam users also play through Galaxy?
Or did the developers simply patch in a bit of the Galaxy API to allow their own matchmaking code to interact with Galaxy?
Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) does not have matchmaking at all or Peer to peer (P2P). It has Dedicated Servers and A Server Browser List.

At least from what I remember playing the Steam version before GameSpy shut down in 2014.
Extremely awesome. Keep it up GOG!
high rated
In some ways, I almost wish this would happen like 10 more years into the future by which time, one can only hope, we'd have surpassed certain economic and physical limitations and my DOWNLOAD SPEED WOULD BE FASTER LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY HYPE