It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
It still has LAN play available, though, right? I hope so...it wouldn't make sense to remove a working feature.
Konrad: In some ways, I almost wish this would happen like 10 more years into the future by which time, one can only hope, we'd have surpassed certain economic and physical limitations and my DOWNLOAD SPEED WOULD BE FASTER LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY HYPE
Can we expect more PC versions of video games that have multiplayer that used GameSpy to get GameSpy removed and get GOG Galaxy or 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free multiplayer?

I remember it was like in 2015 or so that a gog.com employee did say they will try to get GameSpy removed from a lot of the PC versions of video games that have multiplayer that used GameSpy.

Is gog.com pushing for this effort more now?
This just made my day, thank you GOG for keeping classic games alive in these modern times.

PS: This game is still better than the new Battlefront, hands down...
IDPLAY: Fantastic news.

Now if only GOG would get the Steam versions of KOTOR 2 and Empire at War.
What's different about the Steam version of KOTOR 2? I have both, but I haven't started a playthrough recently, in if there's a problem...
IDPLAY: Fantastic news.

Now if only GOG would get the Steam versions of KOTOR 2 and Empire at War.
paladin181: What's different about the Steam version of KOTOR 2? I have both, but I haven't started a playthrough recently, in if there's a problem...
Steam version got an update around 2 years ago.

-57 achievements to be earned through gameplay
-Steam Cloud saves
-Native widescreen resolution support
-Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
-Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, along with several others
-Steam Workshop support
Post edited October 02, 2017 by IDPLAY
IDPLAY: Steam version got an update around 2 years ago.

-37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
-Steam Cloud saves
-Native widescreen resolution support
-Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
-Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, along with several others
-Steam Workshop support
Good to know. Nothing major then, in my case. I have Widescreen mods and don't care for controller support or cheevos. Thanks for the information though. Awesome.
Konrad: In some ways, I almost wish this would happen like 10 more years into the future by which time, one can only hope, we'd have surpassed certain economic and physical limitations and my DOWNLOAD SPEED WOULD BE FASTER LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY HYPE
So this ( crossplay ) is the reason why you guys late with the release of the old classics . :p
high rated
Johnathanamz: Can we expect more PC versions of video games that have multiplayer that used GameSpy to get GameSpy removed and get GOG Galaxy or 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free multiplayer?

I remember it was like in 2015 or so that a gog.com employee did say they will try to get GameSpy removed from a lot of the PC versions of video games that have multiplayer that used GameSpy.

I think that's a tough question to answer because there are so many factors involved. I know that for BF2 we had access to the source code and Disney's full support which made it possible, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think that given the right opportunity, most Goglins would love to see it happen more often though.
Johnathanamz: Can we expect more PC versions of video games that have multiplayer that used GameSpy to get GameSpy removed and get GOG Galaxy or 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free multiplayer?

Konrad: I think that's a tough question to answer because there are so many factors involved. I know that for BF2 we had access to the source code and Disney's full support which made it possible, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think that given the right opportunity, most Goglins would love to see it happen more often though.
Goglins? I thought the term was GOGolytes!

Like an acolyte: "a person [user] assisting a priest [gog] in a religious service [drm-cleansing] or procession."
Post edited October 02, 2017 by Tpiom

Konrad: I think that's a tough question to answer because there are so many factors involved. I know that for BF2 we had access to the source code and Disney's full support which made it possible, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think that given the right opportunity, most Goglins would love to see it happen more often though.
Ok thank you very much for the answer.

I feel confident in fact I feel 100% confident.

I hope Activision gives you guys the source code for TimeShift to get rid of GameSpy, and Ubisoft gives you the source code for World in Conflict to get rid of GameSpy, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment gives you the source code for F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R. 2 to get rid of GameSpy.

Also I hope very much you guys will get to SiN Gold to get GameSpy removed. I seriously hope SiN Gold source code is not lost.

This is what I want the most. When you guys make this a reality for these video games I will be very happy.
Tpiom: Goglins? I thought the term was GOGolytes!

Like an acolyte: "a person [user] assisting a priest [gog] in a religious service [drm-cleansing] or procession."
I though it was more like troglodyte. Blind worship is more for Gabenites.

Depends who you're referring to.
I'm partial to goglodytes, but around here you'll also find gogres, pedagogs, and demagogues riding winnebagogs.
Plus, I think once I saw a fleeing groundgog.
click multiplayer. game says busy then locks. have to open task manager and use keyboard to exit the game
Been trying for a good while since the announcement to get it to work, but anytime I click the Multiplayer tab, the game crashes. I get it's new, I'm just wondering if anybody else is running into the same issue.

Konrad: Depends who you're referring to.
I'm partial to goglodytes, but around here you'll also find gogres, pedagogs, and demagogues riding winnebagogs.
Plus, I think once I saw a fleeing groundgog.
Hmm maybe I should take note of these names and implement them as roles in my unofficial gog discord. :P