It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
CorranHorn: I think they do, the problem is that they probably can´t change it now. I also think they are going to do a survey about the whole sale, asking what people did like and what they didn´t like. I would´ve never "endured" this without all the funny comments and the nostalgia talk about old games and movies, that is what made me stay. I really didn´t care so much for the games, In fact I never really planned on getting any at all but this thread changed my mind.
Sylenall: You might be right, but it seems like they took steps to avoid the whole Kean situation again when it went up the 3rd time with only 50 copies.

Regardless half a dozen other games have Channeled Kean's enduring spirit.
The third time Keane went up it only had 25 copies. I think it went from 50 to 100 to 25 copies (in order of each round). :)
Since Hotline Miami is taking a while to sell, I decided to try Geneforge. I never heard of the game before today, and bought it on the whim when it was on sale. So far it looks like I made a solid decision. Just got through tutorial, and the game seems very original. Reminds me of Ultima VII, and the map looks enormous. Anyone else picked up Geneforge Saga today and played it blindly for the first time? What do you think? (I have purchased a good deal of games on GOG I always wanted to try (Undying, System Shock 2, Shadowman, Ultima, Realms of the Haunting, Might and Magic), and have not once been disappointed. This is an amazing website.)
MasodikTiasma: You got me there. What's a CRT?

P.S (no, it's not a hidden "what's a paladin?" reference)
Devoidless: Cathode ray tube. Those TVs that weigh a metric tonne and making that 'warming up' noise when you turn them on.

Edit:
Oh, got ninja'd. Drats.
Don't forget about the glorious sound made after Degauss :D
BillyMaysFan59: During this whole time I've done the dishes, made popcorn, watched a movie, and the same game is still up? And 209 copies left...

They could have offered it as a freebie
hah, I watched Iron Man 3, ate, had a shower, reset my modem and have been here for 30 minutes already! And realized it's my B-day.
istudedinre: Cathode ray tube. Those old "non-flat-panel" TVs and monitors.
dirtyharry50: Seeing someone ask what a CRT is makes me feel old. :(
Tell me about it.
MasodikTiasma: got it, thx
interesting fact the old crt tvs for 1960s roughly would create xrays and thats why kids now days are told not to be too close to the screen as it could damage there eyes
Palidor12: I have my desktop set up in my bedroom right next to my bed. so while waiting, I play with my PS3, or watch TV. Today, I was trying to make my way through FFXIII. Ugh, sorry if people really like it, but I thoroughly dislike it. :-( I'm playing only to get my money's worth.
Donjo: What about FFXIII is grating in you?
The battle system. I don't enjoy it at all. The characters. Except for Sazh and Vanille, I find them to be dislikeable people. The extreme linearity of the game (I'm on Chapter 8). The radical departure from more traditional JRPGs (e.g., no towns to visit, no people to talk to, no sidequests, no real shops). The story is not interesting either.

I guess I was expecting FFXIII to be like all the past FF games, not something completely novel and different.
dirtyharry50: Seeing someone ask what a CRT is makes me feel old. :(
Relax, I know what it is. ;-) I just didn't know how they're called in English. Tell me about a "tube cathodique" and I'll know what you mean alright.
Whelp, gotta eat now. See you later, everyone.

Also, can someone please keep an eye on Nexus?
deathmyrk: Since Hotline Miami is taking a while to sell, I decided to try Geneforge. I never heard of the game before today, and bought it on the whim when it was on sale. So far it looks like I made a solid decision. Just got through tutorial, and the game seems very original. Reminds me of Ultima VII, and the map looks enormous. Anyone else picked up Geneforge Saga today and played it blindly for the first time? What do you think? (I have purchased a good deal of games on GOG I always wanted to try (Undying, System Shock 2, Shadowman, Ultima, Realms of the Haunting, Might and Magic), and have not once been disappointed. This is an amazing website.)
I didn't just pick it up today, but I can verify that Geneforge is a great series. The series is HUGE in scope, eating up about 80 hours per game for me, totaling 400 hours of play for a pocket change price. Spiderweb Software makes excellent games.
BillyMaysFan59: During this whole time I've done the dishes, made popcorn, watched a movie, and the same game is still up? And 209 copies left...

They could have offered it as a freebie
gscotti: hah, I watched Iron Man 3, ate, had a shower, reset my modem and have been here for 30 minutes already! And realized it's my B-day.
Guess I can play some more Jetpack (DOS game) to pass the time... :P
I took apart and rebuilt my tower, ate a meal and helped with tickets for a local theatre company waiting for this game to clear.
AttObl: Whelp, gotta eat now. See you later, everyone.

Also, can someone please keep an eye on Nexus?
will do!
Devoidless: Cathode ray tube. Those TVs that weigh a metric tonne and making that 'warming up' noise when you turn them on.

Edit:
Oh, got ninja'd. Drats.
kecskeszarv: Don't forget about the glorious sound made after Degauss :D
Oh, the horror! CRTs still give me headaches, because I can hear the frequency of the tubes resonating. Once I could afford LCDs, I converted everything I owned and never looked back.
Soccorro: Must...not...miss...thief...must...not...sleep...
hahaha I was about to post something like this