It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Stilton: I've only read one Koontz, Watchers, Think how much fun it would be to have a talking dog...
Palidor12: I read that book too. On the one hand, it would be neat. But I'm not sure I want a pet smarter than me. XD
I didn't think of it that way...
Daz12380: i dont seem to understand the meaning of widescreen
MasodikTiasma: Widescreen is any 16:9, 16:10 resolution, such as 1366*768, 1680*1050, etc.
Those weren't very common yet when BG was released.
Did they even exist at all?!
istudedinre: Bored?

Do what I do and play a game while you wait!

I use OnTopReplica (Win 7/8 http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/) to keep an eye on the sale status while I'm playing Tower of Guns (https://indiegamestand.com/).

With this sale, surely others are doing something similar. What are you playing, folks?
I have my desktop set up in my bedroom right next to my bed. so while waiting, I play with my PS3, or watch TV. Today, I was trying to make my way through FFXIII. Ugh, sorry if people really like it, but I thoroughly dislike it. :-( I'm playing only to get my money's worth.
JohnnyDollar: @anyone
How would you rate Expeditions: Conquistador out of 100?
sdanesh: It's very much like a new Oregon Trail. Lots of desperate situations where you choose your highest priorities. I dug it for a few weeks and then just sort of got sick of the whole thing immediately and stopped playing. The writing is very good, but the interface and graphics are rough. Watch some gameplay footage on YouTube.
Thanks. I watched some video when it was released. Looks like I would probably get tired of it too.
golea: "not very common" :) I used a quite small CRT back then.
MasodikTiasma: You got me there. What's a CRT?

P.S (no, it's not a hidden "what's a paladin?" reference)
Cathode ray tube. Those old "non-flat-panel" TVs and monitors.
MGShogun: Dammit, I should have made that nap a little longer. :(

*is watching Gurren Lagann*
Row! Row! Fight the power! :D
Sylenall: I'd say it's well past time that this poor sale design is officially starting to piss me off.

I had a day off today, I figured that would be enough time to get the one or two games I was looking for(Nexus, no mouth), turns out I was wrong. I never imagined that this thing would draaag on for 3 nights, Insomnia sale? Yeah, but only because you keep trying to shove horribly over-saturated games down our throats in absurd quantities. Now I have to get to work early tomorrow and have to choose between sleep and possibly missing my games because of it.

GOG doesn't care how long a game sits to sell 600+ copies, they are still making each and every sale.
CorranHorn: I think they do, the problem is that they probably can´t change it now. I also think they are going to do a survey about the whole sale, asking what people did like and what they didn´t like. I would´ve never "endured" this without all the funny comments and the nostalgia talk about old games and movies, that is what made me stay. I really didn´t care so much for the games, In fact I never really planned on getting any at all but this thread changed my mind.
You might be right, but it seems like they took steps to avoid the whole Kean situation again when it went up the 3rd time with only 50 copies.

Regardless half a dozen other games have Channeled Kean's enduring spirit.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Sylenall
Here's a link to the widescreen mod for those Infiinity Engine games.
http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

istudedinre: Cathode ray tube. Those old "non-flat-panel" TVs and monitors.
got it, thx
istudedinre: Bored?

Do what I do and play a game while you wait!

I use OnTopReplica (Win 7/8 http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/) to keep an eye on the sale status while I'm playing Tower of Guns (https://indiegamestand.com/).

With this sale, surely others are doing something similar. What are you playing, folks?
Palidor12: I have my desktop set up in my bedroom right next to my bed. so while waiting, I play with my PS3, or watch TV. Today, I was trying to make my way through FFXIII. Ugh, sorry if people really like it, but I thoroughly dislike it. :-( I'm playing only to get my money's worth.
What about FFXIII is grating in you?
golea: "not very common" :) I used a quite small CRT back then.

Cathode ray tube. Those TVs that weigh a metric tonne and making that 'warming up' noise when you turn them on.

Edit:
Oh, got ninja'd. Drats.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Devoidless

istudedinre: Cathode ray tube. Those old "non-flat-panel" TVs and monitors.
Seeing someone ask what a CRT is makes me feel old. :(
Daz12380: Thank you.

i brought the ee edition of the first one mainly cause it as 75% off and my mate kept telling me how good it was but i brought the second one on here.
MasodikTiasma: Ah, well, if you own both games on GOG (or in general both games in the old version, not the ee), there's a great mod to make one giant single game out of them. Maybe when it'll be on sale you'd wanna purchase BG1 here again?
probably as i am quiet enjoying it the little ive played and then also ill have a drm free copy perfect for my brother who doesnt have any version atm he'll have the second one soon we sometimes go half each on expensive drm free games to play together eg divinty dragon commander.
During this whole time I've done the dishes, made popcorn, watched a movie, and the same game is still up? And 209 copies left...

They could have offered it as a freebie
MasodikTiasma: Widescreen is any 16:9, 16:10 resolution, such as 1366*768, 1680*1050, etc.
Those weren't very common yet when BG was released.
TheNewRomance: Did they even exist at all?!
LCDs existed at least.
"Das erste funktionierende LCD basierte auf dem dynamischen Streumodus (engl. dynamic scattering mode, DSM) und wurde 1968 in den USA [...] eingeführt."
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fl%C3%BCssigkristallanzeige