It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Chevette: Trip the guy running next to you and get away while they eat his brain?
Kaitu: As in most similar situations. You don't need to be fast, just faster than the person next to you. :-)
And -that's- the reason for rule number one in the Final Guide to zombie apocalypses:

1. Tie the shoelaces of all your allies.
2. Grab a bat.

(above is assuming you already have a towel of course :) )
About DeusEx.

$1.99 was a good price. But at the same time GMG has it on sale for $1.75 with no quantity limits. If anyone is still looking for it.

One catch, requires steam.
UncleOvid: Ooooooh, the cat's eaten it. Oops.
Chevette: It'll come out eventually.
It'll still be crap :p
EvilPie: The USS Torchlight has stalled, Captain!
Because everyone has it already, we were throwing extra keys of it around like candy earlier.
nightrunner227: Torchlight has nothing to do with Jack Keane. It's stuck because everyone got it when it was free, not because it sucks. :P
jpwiseguy: They're not doing that because games suck, they're doing it because it's selling slow...
I know... I'm just pointing out a difference in why they're so slow.
N0w3gg:
Hoorah

CorranHorn:
Never said I didn't like it, I said people are viewing it through rose tinted glasses as it has some problem
Post edited November 15, 2013 by ahab
Chocobostew: About DeusEx.

$1.99 was a good price. But at the same time GMG has it on sale for $1.75 with no quantity limits. If anyone is still looking for it.

That's a big catch. I'm more then willing to pay 24 cents for a DRM-Free version.
kklsid: I think my last post just vanished in deep space.

Anyway. That was quite the space ride. And a lot cheaper than the offers of Lord British.

Now back to the gam..... oh. Torchlight. You're still there?
Mandylion: Yep - not going away anytime soon...

Lord British would be proud of such staying power, undaunted against all suggestions to change.
Did you guys know the story about when Lord British entered Ultima Online as a player character, and all the player killers practically disintegrated him with spells? :p
Chocobostew: About DeusEx.

Already have it on Steam, I don't trust them as much as GOG and $1.99 is nothing, so I got it again.
*Looks around*

I still don't have torchlight. I have the second one, but not the first.

*goes and hides*
EvilPie: The USS Torchlight has stalled, Captain!
Knofbath: Because everyone has it already, we were throwing extra keys of it around like candy earlier.
Yeah.... great move.... thanks.... ;)
how mouch don't starve costs in insomnia sale?
Chevette: Deus Ex is definitely a game everyone has to play or they can't claim to be a true PC gamer. Another amazing one I'd scoop up if I didn't have it already.
N0w3gg: I was a PC gamer before I played Deus Ex, and I'm still one now.
Yes, because you've played it. So you are a TRUE PC gamer. Before Deus Ex we barely knew what gaming was.... (I am being silly of course, having played PC games since you had to use floppies and swap them multiple times in order to play anything... and you had to have another blank one to save your game... IF you could save it.)
Chevette: Deus Ex is definitely a game everyone has to play or they can't claim to be a true PC gamer. Another amazing one I'd scoop up if I didn't have it already.
N0w3gg: I was a PC gamer before I played Deus Ex, and I'm still one now.
Ditto. There's no shortage of must-have-played games out there. Which is why God invented GOG.

My personal "No True Gamer Litmus Test" game is System Shock 2. Hot damn.
Post edited November 15, 2013 by UncleOvid
Mandylion: Yep - not going away anytime soon...

Lord British would be proud of such staying power, undaunted against all suggestions to change.
Frostyfirefly: Did you guys know the story about when Lord British entered Ultima Online as a player character, and all the player killers practically disintegrated him with spells? :p
I was actually playing UO at the time... didn't last long afterwards tho