It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blowing with the wind of nostalgia.

<span class="bold">War Wind</span> & <span class="bold">War Wind II: Human Onslaught</span>, two classic fantasy RTSs bursting with gruesome battles and stealth shenanigans, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In a world not unlike ours, where the most enlightened and powerful nation rules the other three with an iron fist, anarchy is about to break out. The first War Wind carries with it the battlecries of the four diverse races, fighting for resources, building their strongholds, and leading their armies of upgradable units through 28 different scenarios.

By the time the War Wind II: Human Onslaught starts blowing through the land of Yavaun, the power struggle between the four races has evolved significantly. The arrival of Humans upsets the balance even further, resulting in a cataclysmic war that will be decided by the fragile alliances and proper use of stealth skills that your units possess.

Promote and manage your army, and fight for supremacy in an alien world scorched by <span class="bold">War Wind</span> and <span class="bold">War Wind II: Human Onslaught</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
apehater: so no glitches, no sound, mouse or keyboard issues? no crashes except the ones in the link? that sounds almost too good to be true, since gog is not caring much about their old games nowdays.
haydenaurion: Well, there is a stuttering issue, but it seems to not be widespread at the moment: https://www.gog.com/forum/war_wind_series/war_wind_1_stuttering
thanks
Oh yeah, does Alt-Tab work in the GOG version?
Great release, and this gives me hope that other Dreamforge games of that era published by SSI will also make it to GoG. The two that I have been waiting for a long time are Summoning and Veil of Darkness. Both will be day one purchases for me.
noman: Great release, and this gives me hope that other Dreamforge games of that era published by SSI will also make it to GoG. The two that I have been waiting for a long time are Summoning and Veil of Darkness. Both will be day one purchases for me.
I've wanted Veil of Darkness here ever since I came across it on youtube.

Wishlist links....

Veil of Darkness
The Summoning
Indeed, Veil of Darkness was an amazing RPG/Adventure game, it would constitute a fantastic addition to GOG.
Never heard of these games.
Does anyone have the soundtrack for the old guy's special ability on the descendants side? Or could anyone get the sound file that plays it? His "move fast" ability plays the sickest techno beat!

Also, thank you GOG. I have been wondering when you guys would release this.

I have be on a non stop nostalgia train for ~4 hours now. Not one minute regretted.
wyrenn: Balance is not what these games are about. Immersion in a completely original alien world are what these games are about.
WinterSnowfall: +1. The imbalance ties into the story. Of course that if you're playing as the Descendants you're not going to have the best of military units - they're scientist. If you want to obliterate everything in your path, go ahead and play as the Marines.
Indeed. The three original races from Warwind were different propositions for the player as well. The game forced the player to use a completely different approach to different tactical problems.
Taking a look at the unit list, now I remember what unit you needed to sacrifice with Insight. It was Gurus (advanced spellcasters for the Shama'li). That's what I get for haven't played the first game in so long (due to the unfortunate CD explosion).