It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
high rated
justMaku: Jesus fucking Christ. DRM checks? A non-okay release on GOG? All this butthurt over a totally optional thing that you might or might not use (it's OPTIONAL content)?

Seriously, the one thing this will lead to is GOG not ever giving you anything good ever again because you're a little group of angry people that don't really know what DRM even is (and how widely it can be defined) and are the gaming equivalent of a SJW.
DRM check for optional single player content is still a DRM check. I want DRM free game store to sell DRM-free games, not add GOG specific DRM checks on any content. Take your SJW namecalling back to twitter shtifests and out of my face, I'm not a SJW and never will be.
The stuff that comes with the key is droppable loot, you will pick this stuff up in game any way, so if logging into Galaxy for this gift is a negative aspect for you then just don't bother with the gift, its no big thing really.

I would imagine the logging in is to prevent multi-use of the gift key, but as I said, its pretty small potatoes as a gift, you wont miss anything by not getting it..
Ganni1987: Can you please tell us what happened to the Linux version? In the upcoming tab it was listed as "Windows+Mac+Linux", the Mac version is on a coming soon while the Linux is completely off the chart.

This is the 3rd game this week that has a Linux version but is unavailable here.
I mentioned the lack of a Linux version on /r/linux_gaming and got this reply:

The Steam Linux build relies heavily on the Steam runtime to smooth over differences between different Linux distros. We'll need some time to get the game running without it. Sorry!
So there's hope yet, and the devs are very communicative, which is nice and makes waiting a lot easier (looking at you, CDPR and Witcher 3).
low rated
justMaku: Jesus fucking Christ. DRM checks? A non-okay release on GOG? All this butthurt over a totally optional thing that you might or might not use (it's OPTIONAL content)?

Seriously, the one thing this will lead to is GOG not ever giving you anything good ever again because you're a little group of angry people that don't really know what DRM even is (and how widely it can be defined) and are the gaming equivalent of a SJW.
DeathDiciple: DRM check for optional single player content is still a DRM check. I want DRM free game store to sell DRM-free games, not add GOG specific DRM checks on any content. Take your SJW namecalling back to twitter shtifests and out of my face, I'm not a SJW and never will be.
Alright, Internet warrior of argument. Just don't use the OPTIONAL extra content. K? K. Done. Your problem is now solved, we can all go home and let this thread slowly rot like many other release threads like it.

BTW, the game's awesome. You're missing out.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541906348038874466/#c541906348042618188

Also :)
high rated
justMaku: BTW, the game's awesome. You're missing out.
Well, had they not removed linux version, and had they not put online-only crap on it, I would've instabought it. I guess I'll deal with missing out on it, and redirect my money elsewhere.
That was...unexpected....
high rated
Having online DRM for the bonus content will keep me from buying this game.

Nuf Said.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by barleyguy
high rated
DeathDiciple: DRM check for optional single player content is still a DRM check. I want DRM free game store to sell DRM-free games, not add GOG specific DRM checks on any content. Take your SJW namecalling back to twitter shtifests and out of my face, I'm not a SJW and never will be.
justMaku: Alright, Internet warrior of argument. Just don't use the OPTIONAL extra content. K? K. Done. Your problem is now solved, we can all go home and let this thread slowly rot like many other release threads like it.

BTW, the game's awesome. You're missing out.
When a DRM-free store is specifically advertising a feature, and then it turns out that feature requires online DRM, many users will rightfully get angry.

GOG keeps pulling this crap lately, and it's not OK. If I was willing to put up with online DRM, I'd just buy games from Steam.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Gilozard
low rated
justMaku: BTW, the game's awesome. You're missing out.
DeathDiciple: Well, had they not removed linux version, and had they not put online-only crap on it, I would've instabought it. I guess I'll deal with missing out on it, and redirect my money elsewhere.
You go right ahead and do that.

BTW, removed linux version? What's that all about? Did I miss a bit of this whole deal?
high rated
DeathDiciple: Well, had they not removed linux version, and had they not put online-only crap on it, I would've instabought it. I guess I'll deal with missing out on it, and redirect my money elsewhere.
justMaku: You go right ahead and do that.

BTW, removed linux version? What's that all about? Did I miss a bit of this whole deal?
Yeah, apparently there's a Steam Linux version that's not here on GOG, and GOG listed the game under Linux but didn't release that version?

Maybe read the thread - it's not that long - so you can understand why people are upset before being judgmental.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Gilozard
Ganni1987: Can you please tell us what happened to the Linux version? In the upcoming tab it was listed as "Windows+Mac+Linux", the Mac version is on a coming soon while the Linux is completely off the chart.

This is the 3rd game this week that has a Linux version but is unavailable here.
JudasIscariot: It's either a legal or technical issue as I've said before when this sort of question comes up.

But as stated in the newspost, we will be having a Q&A session with the devs so you can ask them about the Linux version :)
It's pretty clear it's usually one of those. I guess the question was what is that legal or technical issue? GOG should know it. If can collect more info about this, we can analyze what's going on and why this hiccup happens so often and communicate it to other developers in advance so they'd avoid it. I'll try asking developers about it as well.
high rated
Riotact: The stuff that comes with the key is droppable loot, you will pick this stuff up in game any way, so if logging into Galaxy for this gift is a negative aspect for you then just don't bother with the gift, its no big thing really.

I would imagine the logging in is to prevent multi-use of the gift key, but as I said, its pretty small potatoes as a gift, you wont miss anything by not getting it..
That's not the point. The point is that this is a DRM free store, and some of the content for this game is not DRM free.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by barleyguy
justMaku: You go right ahead and do that.

There was a linux version advertised until yesterday, and Steam still has win/mac/linux. Somehow, we have mac as (coming soon) now and linux isn't mentioned anywhere, even tho it's supposed to run fine on linux on Steam. I don't know what it's about, we're simply told to wait for QA and ask then, I just know that as of now, we're missing out on Linux version.
ricki42: I mentioned the lack of a Linux version on /r/linux_gaming and got this reply:

The Steam Linux build relies heavily on the Steam runtime to smooth over differences between different Linux distros. We'll need some time to get the game running without it. Sorry!
ricki42: So there's hope yet, and the devs are very communicative, which is nice and makes waiting a lot easier (looking at you, CDPR and Witcher 3).
Thanks for finding it! It might be a common problem (developers too reliant on Steam runtime and not having time to release the game without it).

Grim Fandango developers for instance used a cheap workaround - they just bundled the whole Steam runtime with the game (on GOG). It's ugly, but better than what Age of Wonders III did (never released here at all claiming it's too much work).

I think someone should make a simple script which will parse the game binaries and collect what parts of the runtime are needed, and then trim the rest. That would create a skinny runtime bundle and would be pretty automated process.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl