It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get a lightsaber!

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, in which you master weapons of the Jedi and face the very real temptations of the dark side, is now available for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Dark Forces revolutionised the early days of first person shooting. Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II improved on the experience in almost every imaginable regard, as the series once again established a significant milestone in 3D action gaming. If the words "You get a lightsaber" weren't enough to get you hyped about this title back in the day, then the truly-3D environments and models, RPG elements, and unprecedented freedom of movement complemented by a varied arsenal of weapons and Force powers would have done it.

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a must-play for gamers looking to experience or relive gaming history, and the GOG.com treatment now makes this easier than ever. At the end of the day, it's a game that allows you to discover the Force entirely on your own - to walk the light path of a Jedi hero, or to unlock the sheer destructive power of the dark side - and that is just plain awesome.

Get your lightsaber and master the Force in Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for 72 hours, until Friday, January 30 at 1:59 PM GMT.
opeter2: Enchaned graphics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8K6RTFjfPs
Does it work for you? For me the first step (patch) makes it impossible to launch the game. If I ignore the patch and just install the graphic mod the game starts but levels don't load.
Instabuy, thanks Gog and Disney
I am so buying this before the discount runs out...
opeter2: Enchaned graphics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8K6RTFjfPs
Novotnus: Does it work for you? For me the first step (patch) makes it impossible to launch the game. If I ignore the patch and just install the graphic mod the game starts but levels don't load.
Yeah I can't get it to work either...
Novotnus: Does it work for you? For me the first step (patch) makes it impossible to launch the game. If I ignore the patch and just install the graphic mod the game starts but levels don't load.
Will try right now and report.
Nice. Also cheaper than Steam again at full price since it includes MotS that is an additional three bucks there. I find it funny that the standalone expansion is listed as DLC. Silly GOG. Also somehow the DF2 installer was put into a download folder "star_wars_republic_commando_copy3". Maybe the GOG staff ought to put down the grog from time to time. =P

That and not be so lazy and actual give real titles to some of the extra content for certain games. Seems like it's been a while since they started listing any new extra material just as "product bonus". I mean, seriously? Obviously, someone's getting paid to put this stuff up on the servers but they can't be bothered to actually title the content? As much as I love GOG, that just comes across as very unprofessional. Plus, I'm not big on the whole guessing game on wtf am I downloading here? Come on, GOG. You can and should do better than that.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by mistermumbles
Oh yes.
haydenaurion: Hopefully we'll see the DOS Collector's Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter soon too.
tfishell: For what it's worth (spreading the word) - https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/558423882231582721
Since you have the ear of Seth Davis, could you please ask him about a separate release of the classic version of The Secret Of Monkey Island? The special edition is Windows only, so a cheaper classic release could include Mac and Linux users as well as satisfy the old school among us.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Has anyone tried Dark Forces II on Windows 7 yet? From the forum, someone mentioned there was "input lag." Has anyone else encountered this?
xxxIndyxxx: Yeah I can't get it to work either...
Thanks!
Anyway, problems so far:
- Both games: Hardware acceleration doesn't work ('game jumps to hyperspace :))
- MotS: In-engine cutscenes fast-forward (dialog cuts the moment it starts, animations are way too fast). JK live action cutscenes work like a charm.
- JK: Can't get the mod to work :)
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Novotnus
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried Dark Forces II on Windows 7 yet? From the forum, someone mentioned there was "input lag." Has anyone else encountered this?
No problem here on Windows 7 64-bit.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Grargar
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried Dark Forces II on Windows 7 yet? From the forum, someone mentioned there was "input lag." Has anyone else encountered this?
Grargar: No problem here on Windows 7 64-bit.
No problems here either (win 7 64bit)

BUT JEDI KNIGHT ENHANCED doesn't seem to work with this version yet...
Post edited January 27, 2015 by xxxIndyxxx
Nice release! Now I'm looking forward to the rest of the series and all the other non-SW LucasArts games. :)
tfishell: For what it's worth (spreading the word) - https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/558423882231582721
Barry_Woodward: Since you have the ear of Seth Davis, could you please ask him about a separate release of the classic version of The Secret Of Monkey Island? The special edition is Windows only, so a cheaper classic release could include Mac and Linux users as well as satisfy the old school among us.
I'm willing to do it eventually but I've already tweeted him a ton and I think it'd be more meaningful coming from others. I got permission from Seth to post his Twitter account here and he seems receptive to others, so why not ask him yourself? :)
I'm thinking about getting this game-seems more interesting than the first one! So, two questions:
1) Most important: Can I save anytime during the game or there are checkpoints or I can only save at the start of a level? (I prefer being able to save anytime...)
2)Do I miss anything by not playing the first game plotwise? Can I jump straight onto the second game without having a problem to understand what's going on? (I suppose I could always read on wikipedia the plot of the first one if needed, but just wanting to be sure...)
And a bonus question regarding the 1st game: I read somewhere (or saw in a youtube video, can't remember...) that in the 1st game one can only save at the beginning of each level. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help. :-)