It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You get a lightsaber!

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, in which you master weapons of the Jedi and face the very real temptations of the dark side, is now available for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

Dark Forces revolutionised the early days of first person shooting. Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II improved on the experience in almost every imaginable regard, as the series once again established a significant milestone in 3D action gaming. If the words "You get a lightsaber" weren't enough to get you hyped about this title back in the day, then the truly-3D environments and models, RPG elements, and unprecedented freedom of movement complemented by a varied arsenal of weapons and Force powers would have done it.

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a must-play for gamers looking to experience or relive gaming history, and the GOG.com treatment now makes this easier than ever. At the end of the day, it's a game that allows you to discover the Force entirely on your own - to walk the light path of a Jedi hero, or to unlock the sheer destructive power of the dark side - and that is just plain awesome.

Get your lightsaber and master the Force in Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 20% launch discount will last for 72 hours, until Friday, January 30 at 1:59 PM GMT.
Novotnus: No luck with 3D Acceleration :)
Grargar: It's gone into plaid.
Wait, wrong franchise.
Ludicrous speed, NOW!

What's the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?
Finally here. The only Star Wars shooter I ever played. It was only a demo of it but still a great game. Wishlisted for now since im saving money for Sunless Sea next week.
First off, you did a great job patching the game. The cutscenes and menus are in full screen and the gameplay is just how I remember it. It was one of my earliest gaming memories (and perhaps Star Wars memories even?).

There is one issue though I have noticed.

If I enable 3D acceleration and turn up the resolution to 1920x1080, game turns completely black. The HUD is all there and I can still play around, but the actual game is now completely dark and unplayable.

Is there any way I could try to fix this? I use a Nvidia Geforce GTX660ti 2gb for my GPU.

I attached some screencaps to hopefully help you figure out how to help me with this.

Also, one last thing, is there a way to modify the FOV?
Attachments:
And bought.

Expansion included AND the music missing from the Steam version is restored. Very nice job GOG and Disney. Hopefully we'll see the DOS Collector's Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter soon too.
RyanJ11: First off, you did a great job patching the game. The cutscenes and menus are in full screen and the gameplay is just how I remember it. It was one of my earliest gaming memories (and perhaps Star Wars memories even?).

There is one issue though I have noticed.

If I enable 3D acceleration and turn up the resolution to 1920x1080, game turns completely black. The HUD is all there and I can still play around, but the actual game is now completely dark and unplayable.

Is there any way I could try to fix this? I use a Nvidia Geforce GTX660ti 2gb for my GPU.

I attached some screencaps to hopefully help you figure out how to help me with this.

Also, one last thing, is there a way to modify the FOV?
The FOV is "fixed" by lowering your resolution. Maybe that will fix your black screen issue too. Not much of a fix but it will also make your hud bigger I think so it has a couple of benefits. I would do this till somebody post a tutorial on how to mod this version. I had no luck so far but i suck at modding anyway. Things I am looking for: Jedi Knight Enhanced, a hud fix, a mousescroll for changing weapons mod and indeed a fov fix.
RyanJ11: First off, you did a great job patching the game. The cutscenes and menus are in full screen and the gameplay is just how I remember it. It was one of my earliest gaming memories (and perhaps Star Wars memories even?).
I forgot about the fullscreen cutscenes and menus, that's another thing fixed compared to the Steam version.
Enchaned graphics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8K6RTFjfPs
haydenaurion: Hopefully we'll see the DOS Collector's Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter soon too.
For what it's worth (spreading the word) - https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/558423882231582721
I just tested both JK and MOTS. What can I say?

Music works.
The videos are large enough.
3D acceleration works fine for me at 1080p.

In short: everything's fine for me, right out of the box. So much better than the Steam releases. :D
Daliz: Instabuy. I'll take my chances with Wine on this one. Epic release.
vv221: Waiting for your report ;)
Crashes on launch with a clean prefix at least. Might need some tricks. There's gold & platinum reports on WineHQ though.
OMG, it's happening! Light Saber paradise coming to GOG. The game where you can force push a guy off a cliff, force pull the next guy's gun away and then proceed to hack him down with a light saber is here!

Now, hopefully, Jedi Academy will join the party soon...
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Magnitus
haydenaurion: Hopefully we'll see the DOS Collector's Editions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter soon too.
tfishell: For what it's worth (spreading the word) - https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/558423882231582721
Yeah, saw that in another thread. Much thanks for your work in helping to get games and versions on here by the way.
Nergal01: 3D acceleration works fine for me at 1080p.
Doesn't work on Win8 :-/ However, the game actually supports 16:9 aspect ratio resolution of 1280x720, so I'm okay with this. Yes, way better than Steam release.
Am I reading this right? They actually fixed the game?!?!
Fenixp: Doesn't work on Win8 :-/ However, the game actually supports 16:9 aspect ratio resolution of 1280x720, so I'm okay with this. Yes, way better than Steam release.
Ah, yeah. Should have added that I'm on Windows 7 still.