It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The trek continues!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, a tactical ship combat simulator, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> is a tactical management and combat simulator played on a 2D plane, and inspired by the fan-favorite "Star Fleet Battles" board game. It's widely considered to be one of the best Star Trek games ever produced. Your story is just beginning, as a captain in the Star Trek universe you'll get to choose your allegiance from the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, Hydran, or Lyran fleets and board your unique ship. Your 30 year career awaits. <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> isn't just about combat - it's also about managing your massive Starship's resources and power to ensure survival, and maximum performance when it's time to do business. Do good work, and you'll be rewarded with the funds and crew to tackle increasingly more difficult challenges in increasingly more awesome ships. Thanks to the random "Dynaverse" generator every captain's story will be new and different - this is your chance to create your very own piece of Star Trek history.

Usher in a golden age of Star Trek gaming with <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
When I try to download/Install game says not supported please help!
KillerM92: When I try to download/Install game says not supported please help!
I assume you are using Galaxy? Try downloading the game through the website instead, as it's not currently supported on Galaxy.
KillerM92: When I try to download/Install game says not supported please help!
Grargar: I assume you are using Galaxy? Try downloading the game through the website instead, as it's not currently supported on Galaxy.
ok will try thanks
Decided to post this here as well, since I don't know how many people check out the game-specific forum.

Just for the record, I happen to use both Windows and Linux, so there's no particular bias here, but if you're having trouble getting Starfleet Command to run properly, as I was (Windows 8.1), and happen to have a Linux machine/dual-boot available, you might have an extra chance at getting it to run properly.

I installed the game, using Wine, and apart from a few insignificant errors at the end of the installation, the game seemed to run fine.

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04, and no problems so far, but I've only completed a few missions, which was further than I got with Windows.
Post edited June 18, 2015 by blakstar
Have got the game to run in Windows 10 64 bit..nice and stable on my 8 gig Intel I5 all in one touchscreen..

went to SFC EXE file, set it for compatibility mode Windows XP service pack 3..then went to the SFC Config and set it to "Software" instead of "Primary Display driver" or the detected driver... then set graphics to the max setting under Software..800X600 works like a champ, stable even with multiple ship single player missions...

all this when Gog gave me a game credit but before I removed the game from my PC...I'll be using that credit to reload the game into my purchased games file...Gog..try these settings on your set-up..
Post edited October 11, 2015 by raventree
I hate it when people bump old release threads, so it seems like they're a new release!
NavyJames: I am getting the error message "DirectDraw Init FAILED" when I try to load it. What am I doing wrong? I am very keen on playing this game... :(
I am as well... GOG?
game crashes when I try to select an faction to play
lashtah: game crashes when I try to select an faction to play
This thread might be of use:

https://www.gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_command/starfleet_command_crashing_after_selecting_race

Incidentally, it's better to use the appropriate game forums in future, rather than digging up an old thread.
For people who have problems running this, this is one of the games that has a problem with playing on duplicated desktops. Disable one, and it works.
Post edited November 27, 2017 by fionn-
I'm on a Windows 8.1 machine and I've got the GOG version of SFC:GE and I've applied every fix that you've provided, but whenever I boot up the game it says "DirectDraw Init FAILED." Nobody, except for two other people and me, on the whole of the internet seem to be having this problem or has a fix for it...
Masterchief461: I'm on a Windows 8.1 machine and I've got the GOG version of SFC:GE and I've applied every fix that you've provided, but whenever I boot up the game it says "DirectDraw Init FAILED." Nobody, except for two other people and me, on the whole of the internet seem to be having this problem or has a fix for it...
Have you tried this: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_command/works_fine_in_windows_10
Masterchief461: I'm on a Windows 8.1 machine and I've got the GOG version of SFC:GE and I've applied every fix that you've provided, but whenever I boot up the game it says "DirectDraw Init FAILED." Nobody, except for two other people and me, on the whole of the internet seem to be having this problem or has a fix for it...
blotunga: Have you tried this: https://www.gog.com/forum/star_trek_starfleet_command/works_fine_in_windows_10
Yes, I found a guide on Steam that had these instructions, but the game still won't work. I'm still getting the DirectDraw error and and a black screen saying "Loading" for a few seconds before it shuts down.
Maybe dgvoodoo or dxgl might help
The only thing that is needed to get this game running (in my experience) is to go into the game files, find SFC.ini, open it with notepad or a text editor and change under the header for

[MOUSE] ASYNC=0

This seems to fix most all of the issues I've ever had. Just make sure you run config.exe using the basic display adaptor choice to the highest resolution. Setting it to your actual display adaptor causes a crash every time.