It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The trek continues!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, a tactical ship combat simulator, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> is a tactical management and combat simulator played on a 2D plane, and inspired by the fan-favorite "Star Fleet Battles" board game. It's widely considered to be one of the best Star Trek games ever produced. Your story is just beginning, as a captain in the Star Trek universe you'll get to choose your allegiance from the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, Hydran, or Lyran fleets and board your unique ship. Your 30 year career awaits. <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span> isn't just about combat - it's also about managing your massive Starship's resources and power to ensure survival, and maximum performance when it's time to do business. Do good work, and you'll be rewarded with the funds and crew to tackle increasingly more difficult challenges in increasingly more awesome ships. Thanks to the random "Dynaverse" generator every captain's story will be new and different - this is your chance to create your very own piece of Star Trek history.

Usher in a golden age of Star Trek gaming with <span class="bold">Star Trek: Starfleet Command</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
stoppppppppppppppp gog no more star trek. Well its only £4.

But can we get star trek elite plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
It's not a point-n-click and it's not an FPS, so I don't feel the urge to instabuy it. Phew, dodged that bullet.

Looks like it's down to Mickey Mouse, Warner and Hervé Caen to put the O back in GOG. What happened to all the other majors?

andreiv72: But can we get star trek elite plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
That one wasn't an Interplay game, it was released by Activision. So good fucking luck getting it here! :(
Post edited June 02, 2015 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: It's not a point-n-click and it's not an FPS, so I don't feel the urge to instabuy it. Phew, dodged that bullet.

Looks like it's down to Mickey Mouse, Warner and Hervé Caen to put the O back in GOG. What happened to all the other majors?

andreiv72: But can we get star trek elite plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
fronzelneekburm: That one wasn't an Interplay game, it was released by Activision. So good fucking luck getting it here! :(
Remember the two facts of old games:

1. If it's not here, it's too broken to make it work.

2. If it's not here, it means that there is a Gordian knot of legal issues.

Those two facts should cover every question regarding the status of any old game :)
fronzelneekburm: It's not a point-n-click and it's not an FPS, so I don't feel the urge to instabuy it. Phew, dodged that bullet.

That one wasn't an Interplay game, it was released by Activision. So good fucking luck getting it here! :(
JudasIscariot: Remember the two facts of old games:

Those two facts should cover every question regarding the status of any old game :)
I'm going with option 2, since Star Trek - Elite Force seems to work just fine on modern systems. :-)
Post edited June 02, 2015 by blakstar

blakstar: I'm going with option 2, since Star Trek - Elite Force seems to work just fine on modern systems. :-)
Probably, I wouldn't know offhand myself :)
beam me up man

Hey it says RTS but it looks turn based. Any thoughts?
blakstar: I'm going with option 2, since Star Trek - Elite Force seems to work just fine on modern systems. :-)
Didn't Activision and Paramount had some sort of legal dispute concerning the Star Trek licence? Around the time Elite Force 2 was released?
Post edited June 02, 2015 by ElTerprise
Elmofongo: When are we gonna get Star Trek Generations the Game?
It's not part of the deal, I had that explained to me thoroughly.
tinyE: beam me up man

It's definitely not turn-based, but, as I recall, many of the battles were actually quite sedate, given that you're controlling large starships, instead of little fighters.
tinyE: beam me up man

blakstar: It's definitely not turn-based, but, as I recall, many of the battles were actually quite sedate, given that you're controlling large starships, instead of little fighters.
Really?

Gotta have.

I was going to dedicate my day to work but screw it, those people can find their own room.
ElTerprise: Didn't Activision and Paramount had some sort of legal dispute concerning the Star Trek licence? Around the time Elite Force 2 was released?
Yes, apparently Activision was suing Viacom over the lack of new Star Trek movies, after the failure of Nemesis, and allowing Star Trek series to go off-air, so they had no new material to exploit, Enterprise being the only one left.

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Opps sorry wrong franchise. :)
blakstar: Yes, apparently Activision was suing Viacom over the lack of new Star Trek movies, after the failure of Nemesis, and allowing Star Trek series to go off-air, so they had no new material to exploit, Enterprise being the only one left.
I asume they lost the Star trek licence because of that....that probably means we're never gonna see their Star Trek games again - right?
blakstar: Yes, apparently Activision was suing Viacom over the lack of new Star Trek movies, after the failure of Nemesis, and allowing Star Trek series to go off-air, so they had no new material to exploit, Enterprise being the only one left.
ElTerprise: I asume they lost the Star trek licence because of that....that probably means we're never gonna see their Star Trek games again - right?
And as to that, I'm afraid I have no knowledge whatsoever!
JudasIscariot: 2. If it's not here, it means that there is a Gordian knot of legal issues.
Ah, just now realized, that Klingon Honor Guard is from MicroProse :(