It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Protect me from this world of sin

<span class="bold">Requiem: Avenging Angel</span>, a fierce FPS of Biblical fun, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

We all know that Earth is a mess and in dire need of some order but those Fallen angels just went too far. Now God must send Malachi, one of his less unruly lieutenants, to free humanity from the totalitarian regime established by the overzealous angels.

Apart from his heavy arsenal, Malachi is blessed with angelic powers that can wipe out his opponents in a number of novel, if ultra-violent, ways, like turning them into a pile of salt, frying them with fire or electricity, or convincing their blood to try and escape their body. You can charge some of those up for even more potent results but also try less direct approaches, like possessing enemies or resurrecting them to fight for you. Malachi will also employ a form of bullet-time as he marches through hellish levels, blowing up hundreds of angry minions and abusing his divine powers, so that he can walk up to those smug Fallen angels and ask them if they bleed. Because, by God, they will.

Go through Chaos and rain divine justice upon your fallen brethren as <span class="bold">Requiem: Avenging Angel</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
blotunga: Meh, another shooter...
Are you ever satisfied? :P
omega64: Are you ever satisfied? :P
Sure, but yet another™ generic shooter... For me there are only 4 shooter franchises that I really liked: Quake, Duke Nukem, Unreal Tournament and Half Life. The rest I rarely touch.
omega64: Are you ever satisfied? :P
blotunga: Sure, but yet another™ generic shooter... For me there are only 4 shooter franchises that I really liked: Quake, Duke Nukem, Unreal Tournament and Half Life. The rest I rarely touch.
It doesn't really seem generic, considering you have angelic powers.
It's okay though. :P
blotunga: there are only 4 shooter franchises that I really liked: Quake, Duke Nukem, Unreal Tournament and Half Life.
Too bad, the first FEAR was, and still is, outstanding.
blotunga: Sure, but yet another™ generic shooter...
It does have bullet time if that helps. Though everything moves slower, including the shotgun reload...
It does help you set up lovely railgun shots though :)
JMich: It does have bullet time if that helps. Though everything moves slower, including the shotgun reload...
Maybe I should try one game with bullet time. I did once try to play through Max Payne, but I have no idea why I stopped.
JMich: It does have bullet time if that helps. Though everything moves slower, including the shotgun reload...
blotunga: Maybe I should try one game with bullet time. I did once try to play through Max Payne, but I have no idea why I stopped.
Try Fear, the shotgun in that combined with the slow motion power is great.

Edit: Fear 1 specifically, 2 isn't as good.
Post edited April 14, 2016 by omega64
omega64: Try Fear, the shotgun in that combined with the slow motion power is great.

Edit: Fear 1 specifically, 2 isn't as good.
Ok, I'll buy it during some future sale and give it a shot.
bought
I always thought the game seemed pretty cool back in the day, poring over the previews for it. When it actually came out, though, I remember the response being pretty lukewarm. I played the demo, seemed alright... but I have no idea how well this would have aged.
No kidding? I might have to buy this and see if I can finish it this time around. Thank you GOG, Retroism, and everyone else involved for bringing another oldie on-board.
Post edited April 14, 2016 by Melhelix
So...anyone tried this in WINE yet?
Wolfram_von_Thal: An interesting game I always liked. But 9,99 is too much for me, 5,99 would be appropriate. I'll wait until it's in a sale.
Fairfox: $9.99 is the new $5.99 on GOG.

:'(
Seems to be a Retroism/Night Dive thing, more than a general GOG thing. Unfortunately, lots of other publishers, such as Bethesda, do the same thing even with games like Wolfenstein 3D that, AFAIK, have always run pretty well on modern systems. :/
Fun game! I remember looking forward to this one and really enjoying it "back in the day."

Might try to dig up the old physical copy and see if it runs!
I wonder how they've managed to fix it, cause original game is hardly working on modern pc.