It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Protect me from this world of sin

<span class="bold">Requiem: Avenging Angel</span>, a fierce FPS of Biblical fun, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.

We all know that Earth is a mess and in dire need of some order but those Fallen angels just went too far. Now God must send Malachi, one of his less unruly lieutenants, to free humanity from the totalitarian regime established by the overzealous angels.

Apart from his heavy arsenal, Malachi is blessed with angelic powers that can wipe out his opponents in a number of novel, if ultra-violent, ways, like turning them into a pile of salt, frying them with fire or electricity, or convincing their blood to try and escape their body. You can charge some of those up for even more potent results but also try less direct approaches, like possessing enemies or resurrecting them to fight for you. Malachi will also employ a form of bullet-time as he marches through hellish levels, blowing up hundreds of angry minions and abusing his divine powers, so that he can walk up to those smug Fallen angels and ask them if they bleed. Because, by God, they will.

Go through Chaos and rain divine justice upon your fallen brethren as <span class="bold">Requiem: Avenging Angel</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
JudasIscariot: We tested the game on a fully updated Windows XP install, it did not work and, thus, we cannot comfortably support it here.
nipsen: ..that's kind of weird. After the 1.3 patch, it only worked on WinXP or in win98 compatibility mode :)
That's technology for you :)
op2017: Yep, it uses nGlide or DGVoodoo + DxWnd ...
Why? Because the nGlide comaptibility page was just updated:
http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility

If I remember correctly, Requiem: Avenging Angel was a DirectX 5 game, and many DX5 games won't work under later Windows systems and or more modern graphic cards because they used some special programming and tricks for display.

The same problem is with games like VRSport PowerBoat Racing, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire and many more.

However, there are some tricks, you can try, to fool many if not most of these games to work on modern hardware and or Windows OS.
Thanks for the info, but it use(d) Dx6.1. I could never get to play the game on higher Dx versions or OS. As soon as I updated, the game spew out errors. In this case that was because of the game itself, if I remember correctly.

It's sad that there were many proprietary games in that time period that had a Dx restriction.

Thanks GOG - will have to try if this game is worth the hazzle again. I still has the CD in my collection, though, collecting dust.
Post edited April 15, 2016 by sanscript
JMich: There was a link to the support article in this thread, mostly that you cannot get some guards to open a door you need to go through to talk to Elijah. You could possibly bypass that by using a noclip cheat or a level warp code.
There are a few more problematic triggers, but I didn't encounter them.
EraVasher: I've just passed that part using D3D mode,must've been luck,is it just for me or when using Glide the screen is just stretched to widescreen?in D3D mode the proportions seem to be correct though
With Glide, you should be able to adjust the aspect ratio using the nGlide Settings. Try setting it to 4:3.
Heck yes!

Thank you, GOG; I was keeningly hoping this would end up here one day.
Instabuy.
IronArcturus: With Glide, you should be able to adjust the aspect ratio using the nGlide Settings. Try setting it to 4:3.
Yep,i knew that,what i was trying to say was,how is it that in d3d the proportions are correct when using a widescreen resolution and,when using a widescreen res with glide,it looks stretched,it never happened with other games using glide and it's just out of curiosity since i'm not running into any trouble playing with d3d for now,here's some screenies to show what i mean
Attachments:
Eh, that d3d screen looks stretched horizontally while 3dfx looks stretched vertically, both are messed up anyway but at least 3dfx had middle of the screen looking right, might be something with renderer.

Looks interesting for FPP value, like Sin meets Blood, but not getting it yet. Playing it for story would be like Painkiller Overdose for theme.
Post edited April 15, 2016 by HenitoKisou
HenitoKisou: Eh, that d3d screen looks stretched horizontally while 3dfx looks stretched vertically, both are messed up anyway but at least 3dfx had middle of the screen looking right, might be something with renderer.

Looks interesting for FPP value, like Sin meets Blood, but not getting it yet. Playing it for story would be like Painkiller Overdose for theme.
Oh crap!!I didn't even notice that it was messed up in the middle of the screen with d3d!

Got it working right with glide finally(at least the hud seems to scale)

Anyway the game is awesome!Thanks gog for bringing it here!
trusteft: Out of curiosity, why no Windows XP?
JudasIscariot: We tested the game on a fully updated Windows XP install, it did not work and, thus, we cannot comfortably support it here.
I don't own this game, so I cannot try it, but maybe the problem with GOG's XP testing machine is a driver bug. Is it only one system? If no, are they all based on the same hardware?

My XP machine, which has been disconnected from the internet since Microsoft stopped providing updates (so the installed drivers are at least equally old), can run all the games I own on GOG, which potentially could run on XP, even though GOG doesn't list XP among the supported systems.

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sir, you are being hunted and Apotheon are just some titles that come to mind.
rampancy: So...anyone tried this in WINE yet?
Also interested.

I played a demo of this back in the day, and really liked it. This is the second time in a short while that GOG has surprised me - first Eradicator, now Requiem. Maybe the real surprise now would be Hexen 1+2? :)
hyperagathon: I played a demo of this back in the day, and really liked it. This is the second time in a short while that GOG has surprised me - first Eradicator, now Requiem. Maybe the real surprise now would be Hexen 1+2? :)
Yeah, it would be nice to see the series on GOG. And don't forget [url=https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/heretic]Heretic!
rampancy: So...anyone tried this in WINE yet?
hyperagathon: Also interested.

I played a demo of this back in the day, and really liked it. This is the second time in a short while that GOG has surprised me - first Eradicator, now Requiem. Maybe the real surprise now would be Hexen 1+2? :)
Doesn't work at all in WIne 1.9.7 Staging for me.
sanscript: Thanks for the info, but it use(d) Dx6.1. I could never get to play the game on higher Dx versions or OS. As soon as I updated, the game spew out errors. In this case that was because of the game itself, if I remember correctly.

It's sad that there were many proprietary games in that time period that had a Dx restriction.
Ah, DirectX 6.1? Well, than it is never, than I thought.
Thank you, GOG team, for this game!
Two thins I can tell so far about your version:
1. Bug with hotel area and Elijah speech doesn't appear on D3D version on my machine
(Win10 Home, AMD FX 8500, GTX 760, 8Gb Ram DDR3). I can pass easily through guards and get a discussion with character.
2. When selecting some heavy veapon as greande launcher, rocket launcher and so on, some odd body mesh appears on left and right borders of screen. Seems like biceps.
This release really lit up my day! Owned it as a kid and then lost it somewhere somehow. Never thought this could ever pop up anywhere!

Once again: Exellent service, GOG. Thank you!
What's in a name?