It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Moscow, Metro. 2034.

<span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span>, the acclaimed horror/FPS hybrid, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% discount!

The world has been devastated by nuclear war. Those who are left have taken refuge in one of the few places that remain standing - the expansive underground metro system that weaves beneath streets of Moscow. Life is bare, challenging. But at least it's a living. The same cannot be said for the twisted creatures that lurk beyond the shadows. Inspired by the critically acclaimed Russian novel Metro 2033, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> is a new chapter in the horror/FPS series that places focus on survival, scavenging, and stealth. In a world where bullets are the only form of currency and enemies walk the shadows, there is no right answer.

<span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> offers an improved experience over the original release. It includes all DLCs, performance enhancements, improved graphics, new animations, and game-changing gamemodes!

You have 20 bullets. Today you kill or you eat, in <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, May 18 at 12:59 PM GMT.
mgodoy84: Pretty bad...with little spiders running in the mask's glass everytime you pass through cobwebs and giant spider-like beasts...sorry
tammerwhisk: Damn, thanks for answering.

Lord_Kane: there is one whole section dealing with spiders sadly, ranging from "normal" sized ones to large heavily mutated ones. so if you are arachnophobic, I would suggest not purchasing.
tammerwhisk: Oh god that sounds awful.
see I have minor arachnophobia myself, it wasnt hard for me, but I have been actively trying to get over it, that section didnt help though :P
tammerwhisk: As an arachnophobe I feel compelled to ask: Is it spidery? And if so how bad?
Lord_Kane: there is one whole section dealing with spiders sadly, ranging from "normal" sized ones to large heavily mutated ones. so if you are arachnophobic, I would suggest not purchasing.
mgodoy84: The first picture in the store page is from 2033 Redux.
Lord_Kane: Yeah and? store page images are not necessarily a guarantee of content, unless you purchased it and vouch that 2033 redux is included with it and the store page saying Metro Last Light Redux is just a foul up instead of just "Metro Redux" like the bundled version on steam. then the game is wishlisted for now.
Having the picture of Metro 2033 in the store page is misleading and the questions being raised are proof of that.
Not being sure of the content is the only reason i haven't bought this yet
Plus, the trailer shows footage from both games
Post edited May 11, 2015 by mgodoy84
Telika: Redux is the 1st one (2033) plus the 2nd one (last light), fused into one game, and tweaked.

It's not a sequel per se.

But yeah, I wonder if the original one had its own lost qualities or if these updates were all ameliorations.
Lord_Kane: I dont think this release includes Metro 2033 Redux...
Makes me wonder why the first game is not here?
Lord_Kane: I dont think this release includes Metro 2033 Redux...
Elmofongo: Makes me wonder why the first game is not here?
butts if I know, ask GOG or 4A Games (publisher). :P
Lord_Kane: 4A Games (publisher). :P
4A Games is the developer. Deep Silver is the publisher.
Lord_Kane: 4A Games (publisher). :P
Grargar: 4A Games is the developer. Deep Silver is the publisher.
Oh, derp. you are right, how could I forget that. damn it.
mgodoy84: Having the picture of Metro 2033 in the store page is misleading and the questions being raised are proof of that.
Not being sure of the content is the only reason i haven't bought this yet
Plus, the trailer shows footage from both games
Indeed it looks a bit misleading (especially having the 'dual trailer').

My guess is it was the only trailer the could easily get their hand on (for whatever reason).

The gamecard has this:
And those who favoured the more survival-horror oriented gameplay of the cult prequel ‘Metro 2033’ will find a new way to experience the campaign thanks to the introduction of two unique Play Styles – Survival and Spartan.
To me that makes it pretty clear it isn't both games - just the one.

I agree with you it is confusing, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is both. Am DL'ing it now, and will probably install it later today - so if it's both (and that's easy to determine) then I'll post and mention it. But I'm expecting it to be just the one game..
Wow, just, wow :D
Martek: To me that makes it pretty clear it isn't both games - just the one.

I agree with you it is confusing, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is both. Am DL'ing it now, and will probably install it later today - so if it's both (and that's easy to determine) then I'll post and mention it. But I'm expecting it to be just the one game..
Thanks Martek, do report back, I'm holding off my purchase until further info :)
The title is very clear, Metro: Last Lisght Redux. This is one game only. The remastered version of "Metro: Last Light" . I don't see the confusion, that confusion it's only in your minds...
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Lobuno
Lobuno: The title is very clear, Metro: Last Lisght Redux. This is one game only. The remastered version of "Metro: Last Light" . I don't see the confusion, it's only in your minds...
This would explain why I put my socks on my hands this morning, damn it GOG.
tammerwhisk: As an arachnophobe I feel compelled to ask: Is it spidery? And if so how bad?
If you're an arachnophobe this game will be the best horror game in your life. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm really really afraid of sharks for example but i kinda like the adrenaline it gaves me to jump into the muddy waters of half-life when i know there could be one of those mutated alien shark things lurking underwater (god how many times I jumped out of my chair because of those things as a child/even now...I start to think that I'm scared of sharks because of them in the first place :D). Of course if you really can't handle even seeing the things you should definitely give this one a miss.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by rz4
rz4: If you're an arachnophobe this game will be the best horror game in your life. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm really really afraid of sharks for example but i kinda like the adrenaline it gaves me to jump into the muddy waters of half-life when i know there could be one of those mutated alien shark things lurking underwater (god how many times I jumped out of my chair because of those things as a child/even now...I start to think that I'm scared of sharks because of them in the first place :D). Of course if you really can't handle even seeing the things you should definitely give this one a miss.
Absolutely terrified of them, they make my skin crawl. Skyrim's intro segment made me jump out of my chair and run into a wall in game. Took me a year and the Scholar of the First Sin mechanic changes to finally brave Tseldora and slay Freja (used to just skip it) in Dark Souls 2 (oddly enough nothing in Dark Souls 1 bothered me, not even Quelagg).

As much as I love horror, fear, and tension in games unless the mutant spiders are mutated to the point of not really being super "spidery", it is probably too much.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by tammerwhisk
rz4: If you're an arachnophobe this game will be the best horror game in your life. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm really really afraid of sharks for example but i kinda like the adrenaline it gaves me to jump into the muddy waters of half-life when i know there could be one of those mutated alien shark things lurking underwater (god how many times I jumped out of my chair because of those things as a child/even now...I start to think that I'm scared of sharks because of them in the first place :D). Of course if you really can't handle even seeing the things you should definitely give this one a miss.
tammerwhisk: Absolutely terrified of them, they make my skin crawl. Skyrim's intro segment made me jump out of my chair and run into a wall in game. Took me a year and the Scholar of the First Sin mechanic changes to finally brave Tseldora and slay Freja (used to just skip it) in Dark Souls 2 (oddly enough nothing in Dark Souls 1 bothered me, not even Quelagg).

As much as I love horror, fear, and tension in games unless the mutant spiders are mutated to the point of not really being super "spidery", it is probably too much.
Yeah I would avoid Metro if its that bad for you, I feel kinda lucky that I just have a minor form of it.
Linux version please GOG, damn this is indeed a good day for DRM-Free celebration.