It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Moscow, Metro. 2034.

<span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span>, the acclaimed horror/FPS hybrid, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% discount!

The world has been devastated by nuclear war. Those who are left have taken refuge in one of the few places that remain standing - the expansive underground metro system that weaves beneath streets of Moscow. Life is bare, challenging. But at least it's a living. The same cannot be said for the twisted creatures that lurk beyond the shadows. Inspired by the critically acclaimed Russian novel Metro 2033, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> is a new chapter in the horror/FPS series that places focus on survival, scavenging, and stealth. In a world where bullets are the only form of currency and enemies walk the shadows, there is no right answer.

<span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> offers an improved experience over the original release. It includes all DLCs, performance enhancements, improved graphics, new animations, and game-changing gamemodes!

You have 20 bullets. Today you kill or you eat, in <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last until Monday, May 18 at 12:59 PM GMT.
Telika: Redux is the 1st one (2033) plus the 2nd one (last light), fused into one game, and tweaked.

It's not a sequel per se.

But yeah, I wonder if the original one had its own lost qualities or if these updates were all ameliorations.
I don't think so.

There is Metro Redux available elsewhere that indeed contains both games but this is just Redux version of Last Light and Redux version of 2033 is not mentioned anywhere on its gamecard.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Vitek
Any chance for the original Metro 2033? I loved that game even if it was flawed (the stealth sections was really hard - sometimes buggy - but they gave you a great feeling of satisfaction when you got through them). Sadly the game is not on steam anymore and my computer couldn't handle last light or the redux versions, anyway i adored the games atmosphere and setting and would definitely get the original if it's released here!
Mist17: Thanks for releasing this, but why the second before the first?
Telika: Redux is the 1st one (2033) plus the 2nd one (last light), fused into one game, and tweaked.

But yeah, I wonder if the original one had its own lost qualities or if these updates were all ameliorations.
I dont think this release includes Metro 2033 Redux...
Well, nuts, this is pretty cool. Wish 2033 was in the deal, but I can live with just the second, I already spoiled the first game anyway.

Well, it couldn't be a perfect day. Had all my stuff arranged the way I like it and now I can't stand the way the shelf looks so it's a list by title. Downloader is inconvenient and all my PMs are gone now. Oh well, no one said it was always easy to love you, GOG.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by AnimalMother117

Vitek: I don't think so.

There is Metro Redux available elsewhere that indeed contains both games but this is just Redux version of Last Light and Redux version of 2033 is not mentioned anywhere on its gamecard.
Wut ?

Yeek !!

*removes from cart*

_______
Edit :

AAAARGH, does the remove-from-cart button even work anymore !?
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Telika
Mist17: Thanks for releasing this, but why the second before the first?

Not true, this is just the metro:last light, it doesn't contain metro 2033.
Check it on steam: there are redux versions of 2033 and last light, and they are separate.

'Redux' means 'remastered', I guess. Anyhow, they've updated the graphics for both games and added playstyle from 2033 to last light (which was a lot easier and less demanding on stealth).

I've played through both games on steam. They are masterpieces of atmospheric gameplay, especially metro 2033.
My reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI
:D
-cerberus-: the superior 2010 original
Telika: Superior how ?
Whilst very flawed and not a true survival horror game, the original comes bloody close. The devil's in the details, really. Yeah, Redux looks better but it also removed the ability to wield a proper knife, the devs went all pc on us and removed the hookahs, stealth is now pish easy, restrictive usage of the flashlight, ... Save for the graphics, it just got so many things wrong.

Lord_Kane: I dont think this release includes Metro 2033 Redux...
The first picture in the store page is from 2033 Redux.
As an arachnophobe I feel compelled to ask: Is it spidery? And if so how bad?
Had to instabuy this one.

Will probably start instaplaying it today :)
tammerwhisk: As an arachnophobe I feel compelled to ask: Is it spidery? And if so how bad?
Pretty bad...with little spiders running in the mask's glass everytime you pass through cobwebs and giant spider-like beasts...sorry
tammerwhisk: As an arachnophobe I feel compelled to ask: Is it spidery? And if so how bad?
there is one whole section dealing with spiders sadly, ranging from "normal" sized ones to large heavily mutated ones. so if you are arachnophobic, I would suggest not purchasing.
Lord_Kane: I dont think this release includes Metro 2033 Redux...
mgodoy84: The first picture in the store page is from 2033 Redux.
Yeah and? store page images are not necessarily a guarantee of content, unless you purchased it and vouch that 2033 redux is included with it and the store page saying Metro Last Light Redux is just a foul up instead of just "Metro Redux" like the bundled version on steam. then the game is wishlisted for now.
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Lord_Kane
mgodoy84: Pretty bad...with little spiders running in the mask's glass everytime you pass through cobwebs and giant spider-like beasts...sorry
Damn, thanks for answering.

Lord_Kane: there is one whole section dealing with spiders sadly, ranging from "normal" sized ones to large heavily mutated ones. so if you are arachnophobic, I would suggest not purchasing.
Oh god that sounds awful.
Damn it GOG I have a Steam version but I want this DRM Free one :(