It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Riding the intergalactic highway.

<span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, the glorious return of the legendary 4X strategy, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer.

Most strategy-inclined kids have at some point in their lives dreamt of becoming the true Master of Orion. To conquer a whole galaxy through sly negotiations, intense technological research, or even all-out war. Now the dream is coming back to life, as you will once again pilot your customizable ship(s) and explore up to 100 star systems, populated by the ten alien races that franchise veterans fell in love with.

A star-studded cast of acclaimed voice-actors breathe life into these characters and make interactions as fun as the addictive turn-based gameplay that players have come to expect from a true Master of Orion successor. During its In Development lifecycle the game has received massive updates, while the gameplay mechanics were getting constantly tweaked and re-calibrated to perfection, thanks in no small part to the community' feedback.

Engage in interstellar warfare and limitless exploration in the vivid new <span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you want to claim everything the galaxy has to offer, go for the <span class="bold">Collector's Edition</span> now or opt to <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later. This edition includes the three vintage Master of Orion games, a wonderful Digital Art Book, the game's orchestral soundtrack, an additional race, and more. It's also 15% off until September 4, 4:59 PM UTC!

GOG Connect
Do you happen to own any of the classic Master of Orion games on Steam? For one week, you are eligible to redeem them on GOG.com for free through <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RhN6Gs6Poy8
Post edited August 25, 2016 by maladr0Id
BigD145: Not to be confused with Master of Orion.
In my case, I call this game MOO4 to no confuse it. :)
JAAHAS: Maybe it's just me, but that line above really makes it dangerously easy to assume that this game is also turn-based, which I thought it wasn't?
HunchBluntley: Haven't played the game or seen it played, but I seem to recollect that the only part that's supposed to be real-time is the combat.
The combat is realtime; default is paused at start and can be paused whenever you like it mid-combat.

I actually prefer it to the "kill other fleet completely without loosing anything becasue you won initiative" combat in MoO2.
Holy moley the AI in this game is ridiculously aggressive, factions will declare war on you really quickly and pump out armadas of ships like they aren't doing anything other than military production.
shmerl: No Linux version again and no explanation on why it's not offered? It's a failure on both accounts GOG. What's worse, this is becoming a repeating pattern for many games already.

I guess contacting developers would be the best course of action, since GOG don't want to explain this one.

Regarding Galaxy - why can't you put things together and release the Linux version already? Use cross platform technologies, and it won't be such a hard thing for you. If you don't have experts to develop it - you shouldn't have started this whole Galaxy project to begin with.
As I've said in my previous post, I'm throwing bets on the lack of a Linux Galaxy client. Remember the Crypt of the Necrodancer release? The main reason for the lack of a Linux version on release was Galaxy, although the dev did make an effort to release at that time.

It seems offly hard to be a coincidence for me that the Windows + Mac versions of the game are available just as Galaxy is available to those same platforms.

Another Observation: Worms WMD is probably the same thing, although I'm less sure on this one since Team17 were always lacking at supporting GOG Linux users.
Ganni1987: Another Observation: Worms WMD is probably the same thing, although I'm less sure on this one since Team17 were always lacking at supporting GOG Linux users.
Then GOG should try to provide some ETA for Galaxy libs for Linux. Is it this year? In 5 years from now?
Zoidberg: Pour les francophones, l'opinion d'Akwartz/Chocapic sur le jeu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iA7kwJZQK8

tldr: c'est pas brillant.
well i just watched it , and for non french speakers : i would sum up the video as "a 4X in space for dummies" ;)
Post edited August 30, 2016 by DyNaer
Zoidberg: Pour les francophones, l'opinion d'Akwartz/Chocapic sur le jeu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iA7kwJZQK8

tldr: c'est pas brillant.
DyNaer: well i just watched it , and for non french speakers : i would sum up the video as "a 4X in space for dummies" ;)
That's about it: well done but not the most interesting for hardcore 4X players.
Crosmando: Holy moley the AI in this game is ridiculously aggressive, factions will declare war on you really quickly and pump out armadas of ships like they aren't doing anything other than military production.
Yeah, as a general rule of thumb: A starter like "I'd say your ugliness comes from your father, but then again I only saw you mother from behind last night" is NOT the proper way to diplomatic first contact.

I only had the Mrrshans being a bit jumpy; not the best neighbours. But after a few squabbles they got peacefully integrated into my empire. Other races I know in the current game would be the other Humans, Psilons, Alkari & Klakons and while they do occasinally aske me to join the war against the others none pushes war against me which is a pleasant surprise after MoO2s suicidal stupid AI.
Great cast list : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5483038/
this thing would be OK as 4X game if it were released for mobile devices .... on PC it is just barely average. Lack of any challenge, braindead AI and easymode combat. No ammount of celebrity voiceacting can change that.

Sword of the Stars is much better choice (and costs next to nothing). Galactic Civilizations (any of them really) is better than the new MOO. And Distant Worlds Universe is a towering giant that rules the 4X genre with iron fist and makes the new MOO look absolutely pathetic.

So don't waste time on inferior 4x game ... go for one of the many, many far better ones. Maybe patches will fix at least some of the problems in future, but at the moment the new MOO is not worth it.
gozer: this thing would be OK as 4X game if it were released for mobile devices .... on PC it is just barely average. Lack of any challenge, braindead AI and easymode combat. No ammount of celebrity voiceacting can change that.

Sword of the Stars is much better choice (and costs next to nothing). Galactic Civilizations (any of them really) is better than the new MOO. And Distant Worlds Universe is a towering giant that rules the 4X genre with iron fist and makes the new MOO look absolutely pathetic.

So don't waste time on inferior 4x game ... go for one of the many, many far better ones. Maybe patches will fix at least some of the problems in future, but at the moment the new MOO is not worth it.
No.
gozer: this thing would be OK as 4X game if it were released for mobile devices .... on PC it is just barely average. Lack of any challenge, braindead AI and easymode combat. No ammount of celebrity voiceacting can change that.

I couldn't agree less. I got it on steam, and I'm having a blast.
Do not buy this game. A poor desendant in a line of historic 4x pioneers. The second game is still better than the third and unfortunate fourth edition.
- Poor unit complexity with little overall consequence
- Poor battle strategy options withg very insignifficant consequences
- Poor building options and too few tradeoffs
- a very bland diplomacy
... Overall I bought this at a signifficant discount of %80 and consider it a poor buy.
Totally agree. Distant Worlds Universe plus a few choice mods is the best space 4X experience ever. Everything else is a snack, some more nutritious than others, but DW is the full seven course meal.
skaus_maus: Totally agree. Distant Worlds Universe plus a few choice mods is the best space 4X experience ever. Everything else is a snack, some more nutritious than others, but DW is the full seven course meal.
DWs race creation sucks.