It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Riding the intergalactic highway.

<span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, the glorious return of the legendary 4X strategy, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer.

Most strategy-inclined kids have at some point in their lives dreamt of becoming the true Master of Orion. To conquer a whole galaxy through sly negotiations, intense technological research, or even all-out war. Now the dream is coming back to life, as you will once again pilot your customizable ship(s) and explore up to 100 star systems, populated by the ten alien races that franchise veterans fell in love with.

A star-studded cast of acclaimed voice-actors breathe life into these characters and make interactions as fun as the addictive turn-based gameplay that players have come to expect from a true Master of Orion successor. During its In Development lifecycle the game has received massive updates, while the gameplay mechanics were getting constantly tweaked and re-calibrated to perfection, thanks in no small part to the community' feedback.

Engage in interstellar warfare and limitless exploration in the vivid new <span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you want to claim everything the galaxy has to offer, go for the <span class="bold">Collector's Edition</span> now or opt to <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later. This edition includes the three vintage Master of Orion games, a wonderful Digital Art Book, the game's orchestral soundtrack, an additional race, and more. It's also 15% off until September 4, 4:59 PM UTC!

GOG Connect
Do you happen to own any of the classic Master of Orion games on Steam? For one week, you are eligible to redeem them on GOG.com for free through <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RhN6Gs6Poy8
Post edited August 25, 2016 by maladr0Id
Finally! Great news!
looks like a trand in gaming world: no number at the end, like this is the first game.
same thing was with Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman...
anyway, a deserved follow.
Petrell: There is Remnants of the Precursors, a free fan made MoO currently in alpha state. Gameplay videos by game developer.
I already played Remnants and actually the developer implemented a few of my suggestions and was kind enough to put my name on the changelog. Still thanks for the recommendation.
Trilarion: Fine, it's out. Although it's confusing giving it the same title as another already existing game.
I agree whole hearted on this. MOO 4 could have worked...

In case anyone is interested here is an IGN review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zDH7tVL1Iw
Post edited August 26, 2016 by Kingpuddycat
GOG.com: A star-studded cast of acclaimed voice-actors breathe life into these characters and make interactions as fun as the addictive turn-based gameplay that players have come to expect from a true Master of Orion successor.
JAAHAS: Maybe it's just me, but that line above really makes it dangerously easy to assume that this game is also turn-based, which I thought it wasn't?
Yeah, that line is misleading bs.
Themken: Starlanes is enough for me not to be interested in this but if there are people who like them, alright. Just do not expect me to buy it. Maybe I will pick it up twenty years from now if cheap enough. MoO3 is also on that maybe list. I might buy if it sells for less than €2.

The first MoO is my favourite if anyone wonders.
trusteft: While I think it is stupid to not get it for this reason, I will suggest another game which you might enjoy, doesn't have starlanes.

Horizon. Unfortunately it is not available on GOG, I hope they do bring it, I will buy it.
I did a full Let's Play of it (blind) so yeah. Great game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtpqh8ebqvxd6FUfWDn5Kj2DHC65ngY2U
Good good. Another game that requires the optional client in order to fully function.
trusteft: While I think it is stupid to not get it for this reason, I will suggest another game which you might enjoy, doesn't have starlanes.

Horizon. Unfortunately it is not available on GOG, I hope they do bring it, I will buy it.
I did a full Let's Play of it (blind) so yeah. Great game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtpqh8ebqvxd6FUfWDn5Kj2DHC65ngY2U
yogsloth: Good good. Another game that requires the optional client in order to fully function.
Best Space 4x i've come across so far is Distant Worlds: Universe, which sadly, is not likely to make it to GOG as it uses a Serial Number or Steam (you can get both).

Would be interested to hear Joseph's thought on how the new MOO rates in comparison.

A comparison to MOO3 would be of interest too, as that's the latest one I'm familiar with.
Not that I can actually think why I would care about multiplayer MoO in the first place.
Overall the first (excluding the shameful mishap this morning) experience is nice. I like the space constructor ship which, I guess from the description and its nature as a moveable ship, could turn gas giants/asteroid fields into planets without having a colony in the same system. I still wake up at night yelling "oh no why!?" when I dreamt about that 5 gas giant system I once found in MoO2 :P

GOG.com: A star-studded cast of acclaimed voice-actors breathe life into these characters and make interactions as fun as the addictive turn-based gameplay that players have come to expect from a true Master of Orion successor.
JAAHAS: Maybe it's just me, but that line above really makes it dangerously easy to assume that this game is also turn-based, which I thought it wasn't?
The "next turn" button I have to press each time I want to progress a turn in the game makes me assume the same...
Not to be confused with Master of Orion.
Lovely that one of the top low scored reviews is passing off what seems to be wrong and inaccurate information. According to this the wargamng.net account option is completely optional and I've not been asked once to create one when searching for an online game. There is simply no one playing online normally from what I can tell.

The only part that appears to be accurate is that Galaxy is needed for online... which is nothing new around here.
Post edited August 27, 2016 by BKGaming
Haven't played the game or seen it played, but I seem to recollect that the only part that's supposed to be real-time is the combat.
Pour les francophones, l'opinion d'Akwartz/Chocapic sur le jeu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iA7kwJZQK8

tldr: c'est pas brillant.
Breja: Nah, just look at The Emperor of the Universe- he's totally cool with it.
Oh my goodness, this film is magnificent. Thank you!
kroetenschemel: But if I have to guess - and it's just a guess - it's a release just to get attention, not because the game is actually finished.
That would be the worst publisher logic ever, given that virtually ALL THE REVIEWS will be based on the release version.

Not that games don't routinely get released in an unfinished state; but one hopes it happens for better reasons than "to get attention".
Post edited August 28, 2016 by Shadowcat
No Linux version again and no explanation on why it's not offered? It's a failure on both accounts GOG. What's worse, this is becoming a repeating pattern for many games already.

I guess contacting developers would be the best course of action, since GOG don't want to explain this one.

Regarding Galaxy - why can't you put things together and release the Linux version already? Use cross platform technologies, and it won't be such a hard thing for you. If you don't have experts to develop it - you shouldn't have started this whole Galaxy project to begin with.
Post edited August 29, 2016 by shmerl