It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Riding the intergalactic highway.

<span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, the glorious return of the legendary 4X strategy, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer.

Most strategy-inclined kids have at some point in their lives dreamt of becoming the true Master of Orion. To conquer a whole galaxy through sly negotiations, intense technological research, or even all-out war. Now the dream is coming back to life, as you will once again pilot your customizable ship(s) and explore up to 100 star systems, populated by the ten alien races that franchise veterans fell in love with.

A star-studded cast of acclaimed voice-actors breathe life into these characters and make interactions as fun as the addictive turn-based gameplay that players have come to expect from a true Master of Orion successor. During its In Development lifecycle the game has received massive updates, while the gameplay mechanics were getting constantly tweaked and re-calibrated to perfection, thanks in no small part to the community' feedback.

Engage in interstellar warfare and limitless exploration in the vivid new <span class="bold">Master of Orion</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you want to claim everything the galaxy has to offer, go for the <span class="bold">Collector's Edition</span> now or opt to <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later. This edition includes the three vintage Master of Orion games, a wonderful Digital Art Book, the game's orchestral soundtrack, an additional race, and more. It's also 15% off until September 4, 4:59 PM UTC!

GOG Connect
Do you happen to own any of the classic Master of Orion games on Steam? For one week, you are eligible to redeem them on GOG.com for free through <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RhN6Gs6Poy8
Post edited August 25, 2016 by maladr0Id
I'm interested, but waiting for newer reviews before considering it even further.

I wish GOG could reset the score for the game now that it has been released, not really fair to score it during development.

Edit: Never mind, the score and reviews are updated to show only the release version now, which is great.

Still waiting for more reviews, but wishlisted for now.
Post edited August 26, 2016 by Kingpuddycat
No manual?
Hm played it just yesterday, I really hope at some point they'll make the RNG more fair to the player, 3 games and my glaxy and the surrounding systems favored all CPU players while I was stuck with evil alien creatures surrounding me :/
Also diplomacy needed a re-work as of yesterday that is because there pretty much isnt any diplomacy at all :/
Maxvorstadt: No manual?
It's probably not needed for this game.
Kingpuddycat: I wish GOG could reset the score for the game now that it has been released, not really fair to score it during development.
I believe scores (number of stars given) can be changed by the user. My problem is that users still can't edit their own reviews.
high rated
GOG.com: ... is available now for Windows and Mac ...
I'd really like to buy this game. But, will the Linux version come later or is this another non-linux-release on GOG? It would be a shame, if a version for the DRM-free OS would not be available at GOG. ;)
Roin: Hm played it just yesterday, I really hope at some point they'll make the RNG more fair to the player, 3 games and my glaxy and the surrounding systems favored all CPU players while I was stuck with evil alien creatures surrounding me :/
Also diplomacy needed a re-work as of yesterday that is because there pretty much isnt any diplomacy at all :/
Let us know if this changed with the release version, please! :-)
deleted
Sounds really good but will wait on feedback and try and catch the release stream for it ect.
Thoughts on the Trailer: The man in the opening scene, supposedly "The Master of Orion" seems self-confident and self-sufficient. I'd expect to get that ruling-is-a-burden feeling emanating from a galaxy governor.
Roin: Hm played it just yesterday, I really hope at some point they'll make the RNG more fair to the player, 3 games and my glaxy and the surrounding systems favored all CPU players while I was stuck with evil alien creatures surrounding me :/
What do you like about it?
i_ni: Thoughts on the Trailer: The man in the opening scene, supposedly "The Master of Orion" seems self-confident and self-sufficient. I'd expect to get that ruling-is-a-burden feeling emanating from a galaxy governor.
Nah, just look at The Emperor of the Universe- he's totally cool with it.
I know it's nit-picky to say, but the old MoO's had an economic system which I really didn't like - how it assumes that everyone in your population are educated farmers, scientists and factory workers, and you can just switch them around in jobs at your whim.
My gamer sense is telling me this one needs a bit more time in the oven.