It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to the family.

Mafia is now available DRM-free and only on GOG.com.
The action/adventure classic that you really shouldn't refuse, finally returns. Embark on a celebrated open-world thriller and follow Tommy Angelo's rise (or fall, depending on your perspective) to a perilous life of high-stakes crime in 1930s America. The city of Lost Heaven is your playground, as long as you don't let the police catch you in the act, wise guy.

NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
Finally! I'm glad to see this game on GOG now all we need is Vietcong and my life will be complete!
As for the licensed soundtrack well you can just listen it through Winamp anytime you want by pressing CTRL+Insert/Home to play/stop in game, as long as the original soundtrack is intact it doesn't bother me.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Dragos98
game available in english ,french,italian,german,cesky,spanish,polsky and russian
Lukin86: game available in english ,french,italian,german,cesky,spanish,polsky and russian
The store page says "Audio and text" English". No other languages are mentioned.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by emperorsfist
GOG amazes once again. You guys do good work.

But am I the only one out here who actually enjoyed the race?
jozinho: GOG amazes once again. You guys do good work.

But am I the only one out here who actually enjoyed the race?
You must enjoy it because you need to run the damn thing 300 times to win it. :P
go in library gog web^^.I see language game.
Shame about the music. This game made me love swing jazz and Django Reinhardt, in particular.
multi language game ^^
Attachments:
mafia_gog.jpg (221 Kb)
Lukin86: multi language game ^^
Well, good to know. Thanks!
GOG.com: NOTE: Mafia does not contain any licensed music - only the game's original soundtrack.
That statement is highly unclear, misleading, and unethical. I'm pretty sure the game's original soundtrack is full of licensed music. Therefore, that quoted statement seems to be saying that the GOG release is a butchered version that does not contain the game's original soundtrack at all. Yet at the same time, the statement is also giving readers the misleading impression that the original soundtrack of the game is fully intact.

So I ask the question again: what music - exactly, specifically - was cut? I know other users have asked that question and speculated about the answer to it earlier in this thread, but we need an official answer from GOG.

Mafia is easily one of the best games ever made. I'm a die-hard fan and long-time veteran of that game. The music in the original release is absolutely essential to the experience. The only music that they could get away with cutting and still not ruin the experience of playing the game is the rap song that plays over the end credits, which is called "Where Do Gangsters Go When They Die." If they cut any more than just that song, then this release is a travesty and in insult to the legacy of the real Mafia game. Users who buy this will be receiving an extremely gimped, sub-par experience in comparison to the real Mafia release.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Experiment513: Nice release! :) Which licensed music is lost? :)
Anime-BlackWolf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8C9SXISHQ

It would be nice if somebody could show a way to re-install the missing music (I have the old CD Version of the game). Thanks a lot!
thanks for that link, it is indeed a great soundtrack, listening to it now :)
You're welcome. the setup of the other languages is available only on the gog website. On galaxy there is only the English version but the other languages arrive.
Vythonaut: Guys, i don't think it will happen [...]
Perhaps not, but it doesn't make the question any less pertinent and important.

I expect GOG to release complete, original and uncensored versions of games.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Wow! Thank you so much for bringing that classic back to us!
Shame about soundtracks though. I hope someone will come up with a mod to put them back, at some point.
Where is the multilanguage support? Allways the same problem, you wait for years a good game on gog, and when this is released, not have the language support as the retail version.