It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to the family.

Mafia is now available DRM-free and only on GOG.com.
The action/adventure classic that you really shouldn't refuse, finally returns. Embark on a celebrated open-world thriller and follow Tommy Angelo's rise (or fall, depending on your perspective) to a perilous life of high-stakes crime in 1930s America. The city of Lost Heaven is your playground, as long as you don't let the police catch you in the act, wise guy.

NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
I have this on CD so don't really need it, but this is probably release of the year for GOG.
Good job!
"You cannot proceed with your order because game Mafia is not allowed to be sold in your country of residence."

WTF?!

Blast you gog!
Iain: Love this game but I have the disc version which I bought back on day of release and it is good as new. Literally to get it working on Windows 10 64 Bit I just grabbed the 1.2 patch which updates the game top 1.3 (option with this patch to make race easier) and then used a NOCD and it is working just fine.
Impaler26: Yep, i have the retail version too. Got it from a friend about a year ago but haven't been in the mood to play Mafia yet. :D
But it's good to know that there's a patch, i hope it will also work on WIN 7 32 bit.
I ran it with no messing around 5 year ago on Windows 7 64 Bit, just install and grab the 1.2 patch and you shouldn't need the NOCD for it. NOCD is handy for not needing a disc in the drive but it wouldn't run on Win10 64 Bit without it.

At the minute it is crashing when I exit the game and it crashed on a cutscene so going to grab a different file to see if that helps. Either way it is working fine if you have it on disc with little messing.

I just remembered I have the original on PS2 also, granted the framerate is a bit choppy but playable and it's all there.
high rated
Restoring all music to first Mafia is very easy by the way: https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music

So, you can buy this game. :)
mechmouse: Surely any authentic music from the 1930's would have left copyright by now?
Grargar: Not necessarily, especially if the copyright is 70 years+author's death.
It's no longer 70 years here in the US. We have Sonny Bono to thank for that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act

It's 120 years if it's a work for hire which I believe most musical works are since most creators assign copyright to a third party company for management.

Tpiom: "You cannot proceed with your order because game Mafia is not allowed to be sold in your country of residence."

WTF?!

Blast you gog!
You may have missed the previous blue posts asking folks who see that to open up a support ticket to see what the issue is.
Lobuno: F*ck again GOG!!!! Where's the already existing full dubbed spanish version ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJdRjRHuzw

PS. I saw this and said "WOW, instabuy". Sadly I checked the game page and saw there's no spanish availabe IN THE GOG RELEASE.
Look back a few pages for a link. They're waiting on permission from the publisher to release the language packs.

mechmouse: A quick search shows that anything post 1923 could still be copyrighted... Madness
tremere110: You can thank a certain anthropomorphic mouse for that.
And his short mustached buddy who went into politics. ;)
Post edited October 19, 2017 by drmike
https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music

And it's fixed.

Blanking out the city_music_xx.ogg tracks is very naughty GOG ='(
Thanks GoG for this awesome release! Though it's a bit pity of missing music :(
And special +1 for czech language.
Vythonaut: The easiest way to get the music back (sort of), is to have a cd/vinyl/playlist playing alongside the game.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That wouldn't work because the game designers edited the music in such a way so as perfectly to fit the context of the game. Their specific cuts of the music do not exist anywhere else.

They also designed the music to interact with the player dynamically, which cannot be emulated properly by playing the music outside of the game's internal execution of said music.

For example, as soon as you drive into Chinatown, the game immediately & dynamically starts playing this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4n0-3gzRas

And as soon as you drive out of Chinatown, the game dynamically stops playing that song.

The bottom line is that only way to have the proper Mafia experience is with all the music in the game functioning exactly as the original designers told it to.
WTF, that woud mean the work of art is essentially butchered. It woud be like removing color from famous paintings because those particullar colors are licenced or even worse removing songs from musicals.
Andrey82: Restoring all music to first Mafia is very easy by the way: https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music

So, you can buy this game. :)
LOL! Interesting idea. He's suggesting to use an unofficial copy to fix GOG's official copy. What's the point? For users who are doing that, they might as well just play the unofficial copy that they already have.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: What's the point? For users who are doing that, they might as well just play the unofficial copy that they already have.
No viruses/miners and less used space on HDD for storage?
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Andrey82
Thank you so much gog.com
Attachments:
Great release, thanks GOG! Definitely a must buy!
Good release!
It's fixed until the copyright troll cartel shuts that guy's method down, which will probably be pretty soon. Alternatively, the publisher might patch the game and/or force GOG to modify the version that it sells, in order to make his solution no longer work.

That solution-maker is an international hero though.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's fixed until the copyright troll cartel shuts that guy's method down, which will probably be pretty soon. Alternatively, the publisher might patch the game and/or force GOG to modify the version that it sells, in order to make his solution no longer work.

That solution-maker is an international hero though.
That would be a great shame - can always keep the old installer though! =D

But I think it's more trouble than it's worth personally.

Rockstar did a similar move with digital releases of Vice City, etc. The music could be re-added there also.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by mwnn