It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to the family.

Mafia is now available DRM-free and only on GOG.com.
The action/adventure classic that you really shouldn't refuse, finally returns. Embark on a celebrated open-world thriller and follow Tommy Angelo's rise (or fall, depending on your perspective) to a perilous life of high-stakes crime in 1930s America. The city of Lost Heaven is your playground, as long as you don't let the police catch you in the act, wise guy.

NOTE: This rerelease of Mafia has an edited soundtrack and does not include any licensed music.
Grargar: Well, I guess that's a way to release an old game with licensed content; by having none of it.

Hopefully, any Mafia sequels can be released here before their license expires.
I heard #2 was a DRM mess.
This is perhaps the most exciting release I've been surprised with thus far, and that says something! It's unfortunate about the removal of the licensed music, but once the game was removed from digital sales years ago (Amazon, Steam, etc) it was only fair to assume it had two fates moving forward: 1) never see digital sales again or 2) be released for sale in a somewhat shell of its former glory by having the tremendously fitted music removed. It's bitter sweet to see it here in such a state, but I'll buy it just the same. Thank you, GOG and 2K!
tinyE: I heard #2 was a DRM mess.
Pretty sure it's just Steam.
An ok release. I played the game some years back, found it to be too much driving back and forth for my liking. Actually preferred the second one which had amazing visuals. Sad about the music, I wouldn't buy this one if that's the case, anyone want to lay odds on soundtrack DLC incoming? Anyways, I have this on disc so will keep that one. I note the cost appears to have increased again, now it seems like £7.99 is the entry point for old games, anyone remember the goodold days of < £5?
Fantastic! I do think it would sell better at 9.99 instead of 14.99 but that's up the to the publisher.

Another 10k votes completed!

Lifthrasil: Question to the blues: will GOG negotiate to get the missing music back into the GOG release?
Probably not, I can imagine it being far too expensive.

However I'll add my voice to those wondering if there's a way to mod any music we like back in, like GTA's custom radio. GOG wouldn't get in trouble for having a modding spotlight for that.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by tfishell
Will you add Czech dubbing in the future? It's excellent.
Solid!
nightcraw1er.488: An ok release. I played the game some years back, found it to be too much driving back and forth for my liking.
That's not even the biggest problem with the game. Atrocious AI that just flat out sucks and everything is so heavily scripted that it comes across like a bad joke. I remember a mission where you had to stop a truck driver, shoot and kill him. If you miss, he would speed off but since his driving route was scripted, he basically just drove around the block and came right back to the same location, so instead of chasing him, just wait and kill him. Absolutely pathetic since even the GTA games weren't that insanely scripted.

Add to that a rather mediocre "by the numbers and all cliches" story, shoddy voice acting in most parts and horrible driving controls (There's a reason back then everybody complained about the race).
It makes me wonder why people always act as if this was a good game. It wasn't and now on top of everything it also aged very badly. Nostalgia can only get you so much before you see all the massive flaws in this completely overrated piece of shit.
For the music is it possible to add the original songs to the game something similar to Crazy Tazi for the PC for example?
Post edited October 19, 2017 by jvandiver
Why for the love of God is this game disabled for purchase in Serbia? This doesn’t make any sense.GOG please clarify :(.Cheers
One of my favourite games of all time finally releases here. Been waiting for quite sometime now.
Mafia 2 was ok, didn't care for it like I did for Mafia 1
Lifthrasil: Question to the blues: will GOG negotiate to get the missing music back into the GOG release?
Lemon_Curry: Good question – I sincerely hope so. Otherwise, I certainly won't purchase this game.
Guys, i don't think it will happen; I think this was the reason for it's removal from the Steam store (i guess that makes it GOG exclusive right now). The easiest way to get the music back (sort of), is to have a cd/vinyl/playlist playing alongside the game.
nightcraw1er.488: An ok release. I played the game some years back, found it to be too much driving back and forth for my liking.
ShadowAngel.207: That's not even the biggest problem with the game. Atrocious AI that just flat out sucks and everything is so heavily scripted that it comes across like a bad joke. I remember a mission where you had to stop a truck driver, shoot and kill him. If you miss, he would speed off but since his driving route was scripted, he basically just drove around the block and came right back to the same location, so instead of chasing him, just wait and kill him. Absolutely pathetic since even the GTA games weren't that insanely scripted.

Add to that a rather mediocre "by the numbers and all cliches" story, shoddy voice acting in most parts and horrible driving controls (There's a reason back then everybody complained about the race).
It makes me wonder why people always act as if this was a good game. It wasn't and now on top of everything it also aged very badly. Nostalgia can only get you so much before you see all the massive flaws in this completely overrated piece of shit.
Yes, whilst I agree, it did have a certain atmosphere. But the handling was bad, and draw distance of about 2 yards when driving was very off putting. Maybe I played it too late for the nostalgia part.
deja65: Why for the love of God is this game disabled for purchase in Serbia? This doesn’t make any sense.GOG please clarify :(.Cheers
Because you have ended your post Cheers once too often :o)
Post edited October 19, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
high rated
The removed soundtrack bothers me very much, if I am honest. If no re-installation of the original soundtrack becomes possible with mods, I will not shell out 10 Euros for the game. The missing music brought in much of the game's mood and atmosphere unfortunately... :(
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Anime-BlackWolf
Absolutely awesome!
Finally I can own this gem.

Thank you, GOG! :D