It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
at least, nice to see some dev dropping on forum here to provide clear and thorough answers to common customers questions.. it happens very rarely, so when it happens, at least we have to highlight it

now, i still didnt forget what one of your fellow from dev team once said and then deleted afterwards) at steam forum about gog customers and your game...

why do every decent-sounding digital boardgame like armello and gremlin incs have to behave that hostile towards drm free community usually ?

i like boardgames, i like to see digital boardgames, not real boardgames "ports" on computer, but games that were designed as digital from very start and that use the possibilities of it to provide game and mechanics that wouldnt be possible to do in real boardgame (though for gremlin inc i suppose it's less obvious than armello)

so, subsidiary question:
aside from the card-prototype version, is there any plan to provide/sell physical version of gremlin inc as a real physical boardgame ?
Djaron: aside from the card-prototype version, is there any plan to provide/sell physical version of gremlin inc as a real physical boardgame ?
Nope. Gremlins Inc. designed to be a digital game, and most likely will stay that way. Although I saw photos of handmade versions of the game :) It's doable in theory, we just don't have any plans for that at the present time.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Qfasa
low rated
Qfasa: Hello there.

I'm the community manager at Charlie Oscar, the developer of Gremlins, Inc.
muntdefems: And, because of all this, no Linux support, eh? Great.
Qfasa: Gremlins vs Automatons, the application that you get together with Gremlins, Inc. and used to play offline, supports Linux.
Johnathanamz: Am I reading this correctly, gog.com now has a Steam equivalent Steam Workshop with GOG Galaxy?
Qfasa: Gremlins, Inc. uses its own mods repository and has built-in tools to create your own mods.
muntdefems: Is Galaxy required to play this game?
Qfasa: Gremlins, Inc. yes. Gremlins vs Automatons no.
Breja: "An internet connection and GOG Galaxy are required in order to access the multiplayer content in Gremlins, Inc."

Does that mean there is no hot seat multiplayer?
Qfasa: The game does not support hot seat.

nightcraw1er.488: Well, I must say the base game looks quite interesting. Shame I am not buying anything at the moment. However, then I look further onto the game page itself and the same old issue jump out. Not only are all thee extras sold seperately, they are even sold separately from each other! Talk about massive con!
Qfasa: All extras are cosmetic only and were released in different times. There are months between their releases.

Painted_Doll: Are these also available for the Gog version ?
http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/369990/browse/?filter=All
Qfasa: No.

Breja: Ok, this is some major league bullshit. The game's page still states "DRM Free- No activation or online connection required to play." but indeed under "read more" it turns out the game is not actually playable offline. Not even the single-player.
Qfasa: Gremlins vs Automatons doesn't need any connection with any server and contains all the single-player content that Gremlins, Inc. has to offer.
So I'm still free to be able to download and install mods from the Nexus mods websites?

Or any other third party websites that host mods?

Most mods won't be exclusively in one place?

Well that of course is all up to the PC gamers who make mods and want them uploaded to third party websites or not.
Crosmando: Is it only multiplayer?
When you buy the game, you get 2 products:

Gremlins, Inc. has multiplayer and single-player modes (in both, it features free in-game item drops, as well as mod support).

Gremlins vs Automatons is has only the single-player mode, and is playable without any connection to our server.
muntdefems: And, because of all this, no Linux support, eh? Great.
Qfasa: Gremlins vs Automatons, the application that you get together with Gremlins, Inc. and used to play offline, supports Linux.
Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

@GOG: maybe you should note this in the game card, in case any Linux users are interested in the offline game.
Djaron: ...
i didnt know GOG was now specialized into providing BDSM online services !
Where can i sign up for that !??

:D
Why is it 2 seperate "games" though? I really don't see the point of that. Why not just include the option to play the singleplayer offline in the main game?
P1na: According to the head of the page, there are two separate games, not game modes, and only one of them is declared to be playable offline.

The wall of text may have more detailed information and clarify/contradict what the header says, but as I said, at this point I simply don't care anymore.
As far as I understand it, it's both the same game. Gremlins Inc. was the old version that needs an online connection to be played (even in single-player mode), Gremlins vs Automatons is the new standalone singleplayer offline version.

Edit: Anyone already played the singleplayer mode? Is it fun? Because I'm interested, but I probably won't play multiplayer mode.
Post edited May 11, 2017 by PaterAlf
While I'm okay that the dev released the game here for those who want it, I still have a bad taste in my mouth for how one of their employees treated GOG/DRM Free users back before there was an "Offline version", It was quite despicable if you ask me, basically amounting to game preservation being a joke.

I also still think breaking this game up into two separate products (ie one being online only, and the other providing the offline single player) was a stupid idea rather than combining that in a single product. Some people are probably still going to really dislike this if I have learned anything from my time here on GOG.
Johnathanamz: So I'm still free to be able to download and install mods from the Nexus mods websites?

Or any other third party websites that host mods?

Most mods won't be exclusively in one place?

Well that of course is all up to the PC gamers who make mods and want them uploaded to third party websites or not.
All tools to create, download and manage the mods are built-in in the game. We don't use third-party sites to upload the mods, they all available directly from the game.
Hello. I bought the game and here on GOG there is the artbook part 1 & 2 and soundtrack part 1 & 2 in the dlc section for Mac. Are these really two differnet parts, because they are named the same and have the same download size?
high rated
Fesin: Why is it 2 seperate "games" though? I really don't see the point of that. Why not just include the option to play the singleplayer offline in the main game?
In terms of software, these are two different products.

One product works on its own. Another product consists of a client and a server.

The offline version was written in addition to the online version, specifically to offer the opportunity to play without any Internet connection.
Doublepost
Post edited May 11, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: Hello. I bought the game and here on GOG there is the artbook part 1 & 2 and soundtrack part 1 & 2 in the dlc section for Mac. Are these really two differnet parts, because they are named the same and have the same download size?
The OST and the Artbook exist as whole products, not in parts. Could you clarify where exactly you're seeing this? A screenshot would be the best. Tx.
BKGaming: While I'm okay that the dev released the game here for those who want it, I still have a bad taste in my mouth for how one of their employees treated GOG/DRM Free users back before there was an "Offline version", It was quite despicable if you ask me, basically amounting to game preservation being a joke.

I also still think breaking this game up into two separate products (ie one being online only, and the other providing the offline single player) was a stupid idea rather than combining that in a single product. Some people are probably still going to really dislike this if I have learned anything from my time here on GOG.
aaah so you too did read this embarassing pamphlet a year ago or so ?
thank you much, i now am feeling less lonely and peeps wont claim i'm crazy and making up stuff

the whole statement disappeared/was deleted but yep, it as as you said: insulting and despicable to customers of our kind. i dont remember the exact words but i got the general whole point and idea of the message and it fueled my rage for a long time

so imagine my surprise when finally, in march this year, devs surprisingly come up with the idea of a single player offline mode, which as claimed to be impossible, back in the days :)