It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bump
Bump!
bump
Although now that I see Stenari engaging in RP, could someone fill me in on whether Bookwyrm's "Event" thing is something that should probably be trusted or no? My initial thought was that it was a troll, he seems like a bad seed to me.

For Trenton, my dear Irish Grandmother used to tell me that to avoid being killed by something, you must pretend to be absolutely and utterly insane so that nothing comes to your house and stuffs two potatoes in your eye socket and one in your throat; I was trying to throw the wolves off by pretending that I'm one of them but really I'm just getting in their heads and making them that I think that I'm one of them so that they invite me to all of their cool wolf parties and then I tell everyone who they are and everyone can come back and live happily ever after!

Bleh, please don't pronounce my brother's name as "Hugh". It is "Hway".

One more bump?
bump
Bler (apologize, eating potatoes and corn as often as I do gives me pretty fat... lips?) is probably strongest townread from vibes so far, seems helpful and seems engaged. I also liked his early read on Bookwyrm (I think he's town, he could be playing his game to me but then other people will catch him), seemed good and like something I'd say.

I also like Stenari for similar reasons; want to like QuadrAlien (for making the first serious attack of the game) and want to like whoever the potato suggested a no lynch (although the reaction to it was decidedly tame compared to other sites), but my reasons for them are much more thin and if I'm being honest with myself they will fall to the wayside pretty much immediately.

I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him, it feels like today would be a wasted day if we just potato'ed around the entire time and then ended on a lurker lynch and I feel him more than others would be aware of that and more prodding to get things going, also thought that pushing on Stenari for being serious while everyone was still corn-deep in potato land was also a bit strange if he's trying to be all extra friendly to the MUers.

Bookwyrm is underwhelming based on my high expectations of him from the signup thread. I'm not sure what this means.

Vote: Yogsloth
Nachomamma8: Although now that I see Stenari engaging in RP, could someone fill me in on whether Bookwyrm's "Event" thing is something that should probably be trusted or no? My initial thought was that it was a troll, he seems like a bad seed to me.
Hi. Two things:

1) I know it trips people up for some reason but my name is Stanari. With an A. Lol. Stan is fine.
2) He might be trolling but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't.
Nachomamma8: Although now that I see Stenari engaging in RP, could someone fill me in on whether Bookwyrm's "Event" thing is something that should probably be trusted or no?
Events are usually not a thing on GOG. However, I'm claiming that they are a thing, in some fashion, in this particular game. I don't know the extent, but they are a thing.

You should trust absolutely everything I say, btw. I'll vouch for it.
bumperlols

Nachomamma8: 1) Even though Drealmer is famous for advocating no lynch, do you really think that he'd design a game where people would get rewarded for town to No Lynch just because it's something he would like to do?

2) Why is proposing a No Lynch scummy in the first place?

3) Bler, why wouldn't you vote in 92? You didn't like cristi's opening, are you one of those people who waits to the last possible second to get moving?
1) Ironically, the game I modded (March?) town won the game on a no-lynch vote. Which was done intentionally as a bit of a joke. Made for a happy ending, though. But Brasas wasn't a player in that and I don't believe observed it either. So I agree it's a bit odd coming from Brasas whereas from wyrm/trent/cristi it could've been more of an inside joke.

If one were taking the proposition seriously, I actually think it's fairly unlikely Drealmer would repeat that twist just for the sake of doing it.

2) It's a gog-obsession that rises to the level of canon that gets pounded into every newbie and it's heretical even to propose no lynch as a Day 1 outcome. Doesn't make sense to me, as I think strategy is case-dependent, personally, but it is the group-think around here.

That said, I think there is something to be said for having everyone commit to leaving some voting record about other players before actually rushing off to no lynch even if that's where you decide to end up.

3) Good question. I'm not typically, but then I haven't played since April or so, and that game I ragequit. So I'm trying to play a little more...peacefully? Not the right word, but patiently, perhaps.

Don't have a great explanation why I held back since there's something else about those posts that caught my eye. Was actually going to when I noted she had only two posts. I guess I just wanted to see a bigger sample size?

Nachomamma8: could someone fill me in on whether Bookwyrm's "Event" thing is something that should probably be trusted or no? My initial thought was that it was a troll, he seems like a bad seed to me.
I took it as an inside joke / reference to prior game (thus my response with an inside joke), but he is more likely to have carefully read all of the OP than I am, so ...IDK.
EVENTS?!

I consider lynch / no-lynch to be an event(uality.) Especially with those non-disclosed mechanics!

Yeah it's time to read the OP again.
Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him, it feels like today would be a wasted day if we just potato'ed around the entire time and then ended on a lurker lynch and I feel him more than others would be aware of that and more prodding to get things going, also thought that pushing on Stenari for being serious while everyone was still corn-deep in potato land was also a bit strange if he's trying to be all extra friendly to the MUers.
I have this suspicion/theory that yogsloth invited his friends from various forums back to his hometown, drew mafia/wolf, and was just 100% trapped. If he wolfed one way, it would look suspicious to the hometown crowd, if he wolfed the other way he'd get snared by the ringers he'd invited in.

But maybe he's just the guy who invited his hot college g/f home and then is embarrassed to actually show her around to meet his high school friends, because man, they are dorks. And by they, I mean we.

His post about the trombone probably felt the most off to me. He didn't bring a show of force, he didn't counter, he didn't try and townie his way out of it, just made a personal barb and clammed up.

There's really only one thing holding me back from being willing to vote him, which is a card I handed him on purpose to see how he'd play it. And so far I...think he's playing it like town who thinks I'm town? But the rest of what he's doing, yeah, that feels off.
Stanari: ...

Don't forget to reread the five sequels!
Stanari: ...

Bookwyrm627: Don't forget to reread the five sequels!
they certainly are worth a re-read! good stuff!
OP cliff notes:
- no questions to mods in thread
- no links
- standard role disclaimers
- assistant mod cannot call a lynch
- lynch =/= night
- no hammers...
- ...but lynches have mechanics
- unvote before revoting
- standard mafia common sense rules

Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him, it feels like today would be a wasted day if we just potato'ed around the entire time and then ended on a lurker lynch and I feel him more than others would be aware of that and more prodding to get things going, also thought that pushing on Stenari for being serious while everyone was still corn-deep in potato land was also a bit strange if he's trying to be all extra friendly to the MUers.
bler144: I have this suspicion/theory that yogsloth invited his friends from various forums back to his hometown, drew mafia/wolf, and was just 100% trapped. If he wolfed one way, it would look suspicious to the hometown crowd, if he wolfed the other way he'd get snared by the ringers he'd invited in.

But maybe he's just the guy who invited his hot college g/f home and then is embarrassed to actually show her around to meet his high school friends, because man, they are dorks. And by they, I mean we.
I can empathize deeply.

Real talk: not a fan of yog, but given my epic failure to read him as scum, this could mean anything.