It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been quiet the past day because I assumed a majority would want mass claim and trying to figure out how to approach this. If I'm honest, you'll probably lynch me. I could claim VT, but that may get me lynched as well. I've been playing for town and anyone who thinks otherwise is blind.

I am a neutral survivor. I can win with either side as long as I'm still alive at the end. My win condition leads me to believe that we have no serial killer. I win irrespective of which side wins (as long as I'm still alive.) I read that as there are just two sides. Now, here's the part that is hardest to swallow with my role - I am responsible for RWarehall's death. I am NOT responsible for brasas death. I did not take any action N2 and have no idea how (other than some of the theories floating around) who killed brasas.

Please think about this, those of you who know me, I can come up with a better case than this. I know how this makes me look. This is the truth. I want town to win and have been playing that way. My flavor even indicates that my character prefers that town wins. I like the villagers and living in the village and want life to return to the way it was before.

My character is quite a colorful character with a rather depressing past. My opening flavor was just short of a novel. Here is the cliff notes version. My character suffers from sort of trauma-induced psychosis. To the average person, I appear fairly normal when my environment feels safe. I have a few odd quirks but nothing that really draws one's attention. However, when danger seems imminent, like in the case of Julie's violent death, I snap into a hyper-vigilant state that borders on mania. Before I came to the village, I was happily married to my husband Paul. We had two children, a boy Seth (7) and a girl Annabelle (4). We didn't have a lot of money, but got by well enough in our small Irish village.

Paul dreamed of adventure and we had lost most of our immediate family so we decided to sail for America. Paul made arrangements with the captain of a merchant ship for our passage in return for Paul's labor around the ship and mine in the galley (I am a skilled cooked after all). Unfortunately, the captain and his crew were an unscrupulous lot. Once we were well at sea, Paul died under rather mysterious circumstances. The kids and I were trapped. Seth was fatally stabbed when he attempted to protect me from the advances of the captain. A few weeks later, little Anne developed a fever. There was fear of an outbreak and she was thrown overboard still alive. Something snapped in me at that point. Life in hell continued until we neared the Boston harbor. I overheard the captain planning to kill me before we docked. I drugged the meal of most of the crew and killed the captain in his bed (rather violently). I took his money purse and made my way ashore in a rowboat. I didn't feel safe in the big city and wandered from village to village before eventually ending up in Oakwood. The village was friendly and welcoming. I felt safe. There's another page or two about life in the village but it is rather inconsequential.

My character started with a couple of 1-shot night abilities. When D1 ended and no-lynch occurred, I thought it likely we were going to start D2 with nothing to go (couldn't have been more wrong on that.) I actually expected someone like Quad being killed (safe kill that revealed no information). Wasn't expecting multiple kills or the vig. I was suspicious of RWarehall and was more so after he moved his vote to no-lynch at the end of the day. That didn't feel right. I considered killing either yogs or RWarehall and ultimately landed on RWarehall. I thought it likely he was scum and I thought we would learn more information from his flip. I didn't think we'd learn as much from yogs. So I used my NK shot on RWarehall. And now I can finally say, Woot! I was right! I even commented to our mod that I'm typically more right than wrong on N1.

So here's what happened. After we all parted ways at the end of D1, I caught up with RWarehall and seduced him. Told him I was scared and didn't want to be alone that night. I believe RWarehall was responsible for one of the N1 kills (either Quad or wyrm). He said he needed to tend to something first and went on his way. I went back to my house, prepared, and then fell asleep waiting for him. He arrived some unknown amount of time later. I killed him when he was quite vulnerable. The first attempt didn't fully do the trick - he started turning until a werewolf. I had a set of silver dining ware and stabbed him with it a silver knife. If drealmer lets you read the QT after the game, be warned, it is quite graphic. RWarehall is buried in my basement. In the spring I plan to move him to a more permanent location when the ground is not so hard.

I have a non-lethal ability still remaining. I'd prefer not to give scum too much information. When Lift flipped scum I decided to hold onto it for another night. I didn't expect that many deaths or I might have reconsidered.

So that's it. I could have claimed VT and forced you to choose between the claimed VT or more claims from the unknowns. I decided to go with the truth. I want town to win, I've been playing for town to win. The game is still going, so I can say for certain that there is at least one wolf still alive. My guess would either be one (single team) or two (multi-team). Currently, I can make a case on anyone besides Tammy and bler. But it does differ based on single or multi team. I got to get some sleep so more specifics will have to wait.

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer. I have tickets to an out-of-town show tomorrow evening so I may not have much opportunity until late. I'll try to check in between work and heading to the show, but I can't guarantee it.
EBWOP - my comment to the mod after killing RWarehall is that I'm usually more wrong than right on my suspicions D1/N1.
CRIMINY MOSES

Ah damn almost hit post just on that, uh defend bler, he's Town because potatoes.
I'm pretty sure that raised more questions than it answered.

I don't particularly trust that claim. Will quiz you later more but cristi what did you do N2?

Thinking that claim just crystallized cristi as SK if there is one. I'm open to leaving her alone for the day, see what tomorrow looks like, but I've been ganked by malicious-3P-claiming-surv one too many times.

PPE: lol yog if anyone's town because potatoes it's Nacho.
Unvote cristigale

Neutral freakin Survivor

Why do we do this to each other all the time on GOG? What's wrong with us?

Gotta do a bunch of thinking.
I find the claim interesting and will read it in full later when I get home and have more to say then, but now I really want a mass claim.
Unvote cristigale

Went back and read RW's death post and cristi's claim fits. There was no body found, just a note that looks to have been written as a "if I disappear or die give this to my wife" message.

There are seven of us left, if we believe cristi's claim then there are 6 possible choices for scum. I think we need to be careful in who we lynch today.

1. If there are two left and we mislynch today and scum have a successful kill tonight that would be 2 town 2 scum and 1 neutral left. Is that a scum win?

2. If one scum left we can afford a mislynch today.

What does everyone think, is there probably 2 scum or 1 scum left?

I believe cristi's claim and I also think there's only 1 scum left.
Full claim for everyone is now compulsory.

I'm starting to look at Nacho like he's covered in delicious melty imitation cheese-like byproduct and I'm feeling hungry.
lol - well, that wasn't at all what I was expecting. Will re-read in a bit with more care. No real rush since cristi likely not back online for hours.

cristigale: If drealmer lets you read the QT after the game, be warned, it is quite graphic.
More or less graphic than what you did to poor Wyrm in the asylum?

Defend cristi (for now) because she always draws the gory-ass roles.

D1:
Sushi (treed) - KB Tammy (claimed town 2xvig)

[url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/oakwood_village_forum_mafia_game_42/post1336 ]N1 : [/url]
Quad - (bones/blood/face) - ??
Wyrm (partially devoured) - Wolf seems clear
Dess (stabbed w/ reveal) - confirmed KB Tammy (claimed town 2xvig)
RW - (disappeared) claimed KB cristi (claimed neutral 1-shot whateverer)

N2:
Ix - ("grotesque pile of blood and bone and cloth") claimed KB most likely bler (claimed PGO)
Babs - ("Another pile of flesh and bone and cloth") ??
Brasas - (disappeared)

anything missing/incorrect there?

Not sure how we're expected to make sense of that mess short of just killing everybody. Did brasas kill babs or did he do something else (double up on kill, lay low yogs-style)? Option to kill in wolf or human form?

@Tammy - did you have any choice in your kill flavor or was it "thrust" upon you (little pun there)?

I'd been thinking the number of town roles pointed to a stronger/bigger wolf team when I thought there was one consistent NK on rw/brasas, but that bleeping mess makes me think 2x4 just has to be out given the amount of confusion. 8/4/4/1 with that amount of confusion just seems much lower than 33% chance to win in 3 faction setup.

As it stands:

Confirmed town roles:
Quaderator (watcher or bodyguard?)
Cop of usual/unusual things
Doctor preventing animal kills?

Claimed town roles:
bler - PGO
tammy - Vigx2 (also appears cleared via cop)

Claimed neutral roles:
cristi - 1xvig, 1 x??

TammyTown: I find the claim interesting and will read it in full later when I get home and have more to say then, but now I really want a mass claim.
Agree. Following that we need nacho/stan to claim. I don't have a particular preference on order. Whoever's here first, though realistically that means Stan.

trentonlf: I believe cristi's claim and I also think there's only 1 scum left.
Seems premature.

yogsloth: I'm starting to look at Nacho like he's covered in delicious melty imitation cheese-like byproduct and I'm feeling hungry.
Seems premature.
cristigale: I am a neutral survivor. I can win with either side as long as I'm still alive at the end. My win condition leads me to believe that we have no serial killer.
TammyTown: I find the claim interesting and will read it in full later when I get home and have more to say then, but now I really want a mass claim.
Side note - the major upside of killing cristi is it seems to more/less confirm no SK. That's...not totally clarifying, and probably not my preferred move, but in what is otherwise something of a vacuum it's something.

Hard to judge how likely she is to be SK until we see what/if Stan/Nacho claim, particularly re: N2.
___

Similar to cristi's claim, in addition to role I'd like stan/nacho (and @trent/yogs) to discuss their win condition. What do you each know about said win condition from your QT?

Drealmer has said he crack-proofed the PMs, so I'm really not trying to catch anybody out here (wincon=scum!), but am of the opinion that today would be a good time to talk about wincon more generally, esp. now that cristi has broached the topic.

Or put another way, I don't think it's likely to tell us specifically who to kill, but having been over my own (and the OP) more carefully several times in the past 24 hours, I think it's at least possible it may inform how we want to think about proceeding.

Especially since we're otherwise just sitting around on our thumbs.

I think Tammy/I should share as well, though personally I'd like Trent to go first.
bler144: Side note - the major upside of killing cristi is it seems to more/less confirm no SK. That's...not totally clarifying, and probably not my preferred move, but in what is otherwise something of a vacuum it's something.

Hard to judge how likely she is to be SK until we see what/if Stan/Nacho claim, particularly re: N2.
___

Similar to cristi's claim, in addition to role I'd like stan/nacho (and @trent/yogs) to discuss their win condition. What do you each know about said win condition from your QT?

Drealmer has said he crack-proofed the PMs, so I'm really not trying to catch anybody out here (wincon=scum!), but am of the opinion that today would be a good time to talk about wincon more generally, esp. now that cristi has broached the topic.

Or put another way, I don't think it's likely to tell us specifically who to kill, but having been over my own (and the OP) more carefully several times in the past 24 hours, I think it's at least possible it may inform how we want to think about proceeding.

Especially since we're otherwise just sitting around on our thumbs.

I think Tammy/I should share as well, though personally I'd like Trent to go first.
This is the last line of my QT opening post:
"You win if the game ends favorably for Oakwood Village."
trentonlf: "You win if the game ends favorably for Oakwood Village."
Interesting that nowhere is it seemingly noted explicitly what "favorable" means, right? Which is weird since it's not like "werewolves" were exactly a surprise given the rest of the flavor.

Uh, defend trent. I mean, maybe it said
"You win if the game ends UNfavorably for Oakwood Village." and he just took the un- off. Who knows. ;)

But yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at.
I'd rather not claim yet but I will say that I too have a favorably wincon.

Clearing up the SK debacle seems like a good reason to lynch cristi honestly.
Stanari: I'd rather not claim yet but I will say that I too have a favorably wincon.

Clearing up the SK debacle seems like a good reason to lynch cristi honestly.
Because you're waiting for nacho to claim first, or you don't want to claim D3 at all?

Can't say I'm excited about that. At this point I think Nacho has to claim, and does it make sense to leave 1 unclaimed? I don't think so, personally.

Can you clarify if you have/haven't killed anyone to this point in the game?

unvote trentonlf
vote...no lynch
I guess ftm.
Stanari: I'd rather not claim yet but I will say that I too have a favorably wincon.
Me too, same as trent, but the village is unnamed. Maybe it could be any village. Maybe the M. Knight Shalamalamdingdong Village.

btw Ron Howard's daughter, *sigh* omg so dreamy, I'd like to float away in her unseeing eyes on a moon raft to eternit... uh, sorry

anyway

Nacho claim next

Stan can go last, fine. FINE. Fine.

Clarify: I am Town because my WIM level rises as the game goes on.

Of course, that's true as Scum too. But nevermind.