It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarkoD13: Has there been any word on when/if the game will return to the Wasteland store? It's been a while since it got pulled.
I don't know if it will return. I don't think there will be a good reason to put it back there, since the game will be available to buy at game stores such as Steam and GOG, and the Wasteland 2 site can just link to them.
DarkoD13: Has there been any word on when/if the game will return to the Wasteland store? It's been a while since it got pulled.
ET3D: I don't know if it will return. I don't think there will be a good reason to put it back there, since the game will be available to buy at game stores such as Steam and GOG, and the Wasteland 2 site can just link to them.
It might return if they wish to offer the Linux version DRM-Free, unless they are going to have it available through the humble store or some other retailer who provides Linux versions. That being said, I am excited for the retail release of this game. I wanted to get the early access beta, but it seems like waiting will make enjoying the game all the sweeter. :D
Gonchi: Has any Kickstarter funded game gone on to be sold through any digital store for less than the minimum tier that granted a backer a game copy on Kickstarter?
Quite a few. Not the initial price, but certainly on sale. I bought Giana Sisters for $3 on Steam (and it was $1.79 on the winter sale), Ring Runner for $2 on Indie Game Stand (and I could have paid less) - and that gave me copies on both GOG and Steam, Guncraft in a $5 bundle with a large bunch of other games. I'm sure there are more examples.

Edit: My understanding is that the Ring Runner package I bought is equivalent to the $30 tier (it contains a novel, soundtrack, and artwork, which I couldn't find a tier for). Guncraft's game tier cost $15, but also included 4 wallpapers. Giana Sisters was $10, but that included a DRM-free copy.
Post edited January 06, 2014 by ET3D
htown1980: As a backer who doesn't feel the least bit swindled, and one who has already had $6 value from my investment, I would love to hear your explanation for this statement.
They also gave away steam codes for The Bard's Tale. While I realise that some GOG users might not consider this added value because it's for Steam, it's another $10 value. So inXile already gave away $16 of value to backers. Considering that the base pledge was $15, that's pretty good.

In any case, "swindled" would imply that Brian Fargo didn't use the money to create a game, which he certainly did, and even if that game turns out less than perfect, that's no reason to claim he attempted a fraud. Unfortunately, many Kickstarter games don't turn out to be perfect, but they often still satisfy many of their backers.
Gonchi: Has any Kickstarter funded game gone on to be sold through any digital store for less than the minimum tier that granted a backer a game copy on Kickstarter?
The initial launch price of Strike Suit Zero on Steam was $16 (it went up to $20 later but the damage was done - plenty of backers were pissed) which was less than $20 the standard tier (i paid $15 for the early bird special)
drmlessgames: I do believe that Brian Fargo swindled all kickstarters with this new Wasteland, which is looking like a mediocre game.
Crosmando: I've played through the beta three times now, and very much enjoyed myself. Character creation is great, with a huge range of skills and weapon proficiencies, graphics are great (especially Ag Center), good enemy variety and weapon variety, combat is basically a party-based Fallout 1/2 but with a cover system which FO didn't have. Plot and writing have been good, and the way "quests" come about doesn't seem contrived at all, you're just solving problems that you come across and discover, not stuff like "Go kill 10 raiders for me and report back", also the content is quite subtle, on my first playthrough I missed some stuff, there's a bunch of locations near Ag Center that you can only unlock by investigating one individual and talking to him. The game certainly doesn't tell you what to do.
Whatever Crosmando said. I'm happy with my backing. Game can use further more polish, combat can include slightly more features to make it more interesting, graphics options can use more options etc but I'm happy with what I've played in the beta. I like the fact that I'm thrown choices at the beginning, no MMO type quests and I hope the game continues to be like this with more choice and consequences.
They rolled down a new patch yesterday, pretty beefy:

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/72702041916/wasteland-2-early-beta-update-29462-notes
cw8: They rolled down a new patch yesterday, pretty beefy:

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/72702041916/wasteland-2-early-beta-update-29462-notes
thanks.That is quite a lot. Will try it later :)
Do I bother starting again.

I have still never gotten past the crashing when leaving to go to either AG Center or Highpool.

As much as I have liked what I have played im a bit bored of doing the same area for like the 2 dozenth time
reaver894: Do I bother starting again.

I have still never gotten past the crashing when leaving to go to either AG Center or Highpool.

As much as I have liked what I have played im a bit bored of doing the same area for like the 2 dozenth time
Yeah, I'm right there with you, but no crashes for me. Hopefully, my saved games are still intact after the update.

Edit: I get my new monitor and finish building my new desktop today. I'm hoping I can turn the res and graphics a little higher than what my laptop allows. Probably get to actually play a game tomorrow night. As tonight will just be setting everything up and loading Windows.
Post edited January 09, 2014 by jjsimp
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/716786
Chris Avellone's first full length novel! That should be cool.

Also crouched stance.

I believe most/all of the crashing issues were fixed in the first major patch. But personally I've decided to wait until the full release or at least until they patch in some new locations.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by Crosmando
As an absolute fan of the original wasteland (I have a disc rerelease of it and the gog release.), I hope 2 is good.
reaver894: As much as I have liked what I have played im a bit bored of doing the same area for like the 2 dozenth time
And that's why I didn't opt for the beta possibility. It could potenially kill my interest toward the finsihed game.
Crosmando: Chris Avellone's first full length novel! That should be cool.

Also crouched stance.

Crosmando: I believe most/all of the crashing issues were fixed in the first major patch. But personally I've decided to wait until the full release or at least until they patch in some new locations.
While I have not played it since this latest update, the first large patch did nothing to solve the issues I have come across, I have also done a full redownload and fresh install.

I can only think that my hardware confic is causing the issue. I have not seen much from anyone having the same crashes as me, Almost all of that kind of issue as you said was resolved after the first major patch.