It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Played a new game last night, I didn't even try my old saves. I decided to create all four Characters this time. Not sure if it is because my screen is much larger on the desktop or they increased the font size. But the font size looks much better, except for when you right-click an item in the inventory. That menu has the print still too small.
Also, noticed that if I have the graphics set too high, sometimes the sound effects will disappear. No problems with the environmental or the music, just the weapon sounds. I think the sound should have priority over the graphics, but that is not happening it seems. Lowered the graphics a smidge, as I am still running on onboard graphics, and no sound issues. But boy does the game look pretty on the Fantastic graphics setting on my desktop's LCD.

By the way that is my check in, I am going back into the game now. See ya next week.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by jjsimp
Came up for air after playing on my laptop for a little bit. It appears the inventory system font size is still small as crap on my 14" laptop screen. Though it looks great on my 27" desktop monitor. So, I would still like a font size increase there, preferably an option.
My laptop seems to be running the game slower with the update, but it probably just seems that way after seeing how smooth the more powerful desktop runs it.

My previous saved games do indeed still work after the new update. However, they do give you a warning message that it may not work.

Edit: When exiting out of one of the old saves to the main menu I receive the wonderful spinning badge forever lock up. So, perhaps the old saves do not work that great.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by jjsimp
Any Linux people around still waiting for the DRM-free Linux version of Wasteland 1?

Is the Steam Linux version DRM-free, I mean, can I move it away from the Steam directory and run it without Steam?

Nvm. Found it, no DRM on Steam version. I'd just prefer something else than Steam like they promised.
Post edited January 14, 2014 by Daliz
Daliz: Any Linux people around still waiting for the DRM-free Linux version of Wasteland 1?
There was a mention of a linux version of Wasteland 2. However, it appears a Mac version is getting priority over linux, but I'm sure the linux elite are used to that treatment.
Daliz: Any Linux people around still waiting for the DRM-free Linux version of Wasteland 1?
jjsimp: There was a mention of a linux version of Wasteland 2. However, it appears a Mac version is getting priority over linux, but I'm sure the linux elite are used to that treatment.
I was talking about Wasteland 1, you know, the original. Which was given to all backers of WL2 as you probably know.

I don't want to register at inXile forums just to ask about that.
Livestream with Brian Fargo, Matt Findley and Chris Keenan]Livestream with Brian Fargo, Matt Findley and Chris Keenan

Daliz: Is the Steam Linux version DRM-free, I mean, can I move it away from the Steam directory and run it without Steam?
It is, but we're also putting it on another DRM-free retailer once we have that set up. We didn't forget about that, just taking a bit longer than we anticipated.
Post edited January 17, 2014 by BrotherNone
BrotherNone: It is, but we're also putting it on another DRM-free retailer once we have that set up. We didn't forget about that, just taking a bit longer than we anticipated.
Oh, great. Thanks for the info. I'll wait for that.
Damn missed the livestream. Oh well, I'll watch the recorded version.

Pretty funny that they ran into a bug during the playthrough around the 1:20:00 mark.

For those that haven't played there are spoilers.
Post edited January 18, 2014 by jjsimp
Well shit.

I finally managed to get out of the first area to the world map allowing me to go to either highpool or the AG Center, I chose Highpool, managed to get there but it crashes when i try to get into highpool and I can go no further.

Maybe in another month ill actually be able to enter highpool.

Suppose I should log the last dozen crash reports.
started a new game
graphics still look a bit grainy to me (was like that at start of the beta hmm)
ui is a bit better but default fonts at 1440x900 are a bit small in certain parts of UI especially when New sign on new items in backpack is bit unreadable
slowish loading between areas still
game does feel a bit sluggish in general

game mechanics and gameplay is ok despite the above.
Post edited January 18, 2014 by Niggles
How is the plot in 2?
Is there any news as to when could we expect the game to be released (which quarter)?
Niggles: started a new game
ui is a bit better but default fonts at 1440x900 are a bit small in certain parts of UI especially when New sign on new items in backpack is bit unreadable

I think the game looks the best when you put Brightness and Saturation down to nothing (or close to) but put anti-aliasing to 8x.
Niggles: started a new game

Crosmando: I think the game looks the best when you put Brightness and Saturation down to nothing (or close to) but put anti-aliasing to 8x.
Ill have to try that - your right... looking at it the saturation is a bit overdone
Anyone tried sweetfx or something similar yet with it?. I know visuals arent everything but its starting to bother me a little... Still no audio cues when party members selected (minor thing..hope its added later)
Post edited January 22, 2014 by Niggles
Actually, on second try, Saturation to zero is a bit too dark, I think putting it up just a bit (say 20% of the way) brings out some nice colors, especially in Ag Center.