It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
Let see how Epic will handle whole situation. When you were fast enough you would had both normal and director's cut versions. That's most probably something what was not intended by Epic:)
drxenija: Updated. Epic Games seem to have pulled the switcheroo on us!
DangerPlankton: There are some threads on Reddit now showing screenshots form Epic support saying that the DC version should be the free one and they are looking into it. Let's hope.
Who knows?

I was actually in time to claim the DC version, but the process couldn't be completed.
The popup window that finalises the transaction never popped up. I thought it was because the server was under stress, but after knowing about this alleged switcheroo, it can be that they made some emergency hack on the server that didn't allow that game to be claimed.

It will be interesting to see how Epic is attempting to fix this, as clearly some people got something too valuable, or others didn't get something valuable enough.

The logical solution to let everyone keep what they managed to claim would anger some people who were there in time, but didn't manage to claim to game. Personally I don't care, but I can see some people getting very upset about it.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

Epic is giving away free games, so I'm grateful for whatever they choose to give. DC version, standard version... I'll still tell them thank you. Everybody IS thanking them, yes?
BlueMooner: Everybody IS thanking them, yes?
Apparently, no - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_games_3/post1
BlueMooner: Everybody IS thanking them, yes?
triock: Apparently, no - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_games_3/post1
Sad. Nobody's required to accept gifts with strings attached, but if you are accepting their games, then I'd say it behooves people to, at the VERY least, send them an email or post or whatever showing a modicum of appreciation. Taking free things, and then complaining that they're not exactly the way you want them... just seems a bit entitled to me.
BlueMooner: Sad. Nobody's required to accept gifts with strings attached, but if you are accepting their games, then I'd say it behooves people to, at the VERY least, send them an email or post or whatever showing a modicum of appreciation. Taking free things, and then complaining that they're not exactly the way you want them... just seems a bit entitled to me.
You have the right attitude my friend :)
high rated
Epic Games:

F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch - Link

If you like Castlevania, you might like this game
A Metroidvania game with the signature retro style side-scroller 2D view
It features cute animal characters with mech gear
And a combat system with various long range and close range attacks!
It tells a story about animals living in Torch City
They were living peacefully until Machine Legion invaded the city
Now the animals need to fight back as resistance forces
Join the mafia, the rebellion and even the legion itself!

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing new

Next time: Mystery Game Tomorrow
high rated
Worms Revolution Gold Edition free on GOG front page.

https://www.gog.com/#giveaway
high rated
Epic Games:

Severed Steel - Link

A Stylish FPS in a voxel environment
You are a robot with only one arm
Using your trigger finger, you must destroy all the bad guys
Destroying the environment causes tons of exploding voxel cubes
It even has bullet time!

Action packed and quick paced, come enter the Matrix.
It features a dark electronic soundtrack to match your epic shootouts.

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
Severed Steel's Artbook

Next time: Mystery Game Tomorrow

edit: grammar
Post edited December 27, 2022 by drxenija
Holiday Bonus Gold is free on IndieGala.

Linik ommitted since I cannot post links
high rated
kdurham68: Holiday Bonus Gold is free on IndieGala.

Linik ommitted since I cannot post links
https://freebies.indiegala.com/holiday-bonus-gold
high rated
GoG code for Dishonored 2 now free from Amazon Prime (if you have a subscription).
Post edited December 27, 2022 by Tcharr
high rated
Mortal Shell (EGS) Free-Game
Game: Link.
+ Add-On: Link.
Post edited December 28, 2022 by UCrest
Tomorrow's Epic freebie is likely to be one or more games from the Dishonored series.
https://gg.deals/freebie/epic-free-games-leak-29th-december-freebie-is-likely-a-game-from-the-dishonored-franchise/
Post edited December 28, 2022 by Grargar
Grargar: Tomorrow's Epic freebie is likely to be one or more games from the Dishonored series.
https://gg.deals/freebie/epic-free-games-leak-29th-december-freebie-is-likely-a-game-from-the-dishonored-franchise/
Man, first the Dishonored 2 GOG code from Prime, now this? Wouldn't it be awesome if it were Arkane's way of preparing people for a new Dishonored game? Seems pretty unlikely since we just got Deathloop and have yet to get Redfall but I'd love to see it!

Anyways, sorry for that quick derailing, just had to make a remark about that.