It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
high rated
Technically not a giveaway, but for those who have Amazon Prime or want to join for the trial, this month there's:
The Evil Within 2
Beat Cop
There's more, but for those two games you get a GOG code.
Post edited January 08, 2023 by Andtha
Andtha: Technically not a giveaway, but (…)
This is questionable subject, matter for discussion, or however else you want to put it.

The point is that even if you have to pay for a subscription to access this, we are still talking about a one-off payment for a whole year (I doubt anyone would opt for the monthly version) of access not only to this giveaway, but also to other benefits. It is also worth noting that this annual subscription fee is incomparably low in relation to both the total value of all the games that can be acquired during the year of subscription and, in general, to all the benefits that can be accessed by subscribing, because no matter how you look at it, we are still talking about a situation in which access to this giveaway is just one of the things included in the entire subscription. Pure mathematics and logic.
Drakon135790: .
This is questionable subject, matter for discussion, or however else you want to put it.

The point is that even if you have to pay for a subscription to access this, we are still talking about a one-off payment for a whole year (I doubt anyone would opt for the monthly version) of access not only to this giveaway, but also to other benefits. It is also worth noting that this annual subscription fee is incomparably low in relation to both the total value of all the games that can be acquired during the year of subscription and, in general, to all the benefits that can be accessed by subscribing, because no matter how you look at it, we are still talking about a situation in which access to this giveaway is just one of the things included in the entire subscription. Pure mathematics and logic.
I see it in some very simple terms: If any sort of payment is required, even indirectly, it's not a giveaway. In this particular case, it's a perk for subscribers of a service.
Cavalary: I see it in some very simple terms: If any sort of payment is required, even indirectly, it's not a giveaway. In this particular case, it's a perk for subscribers of a service.
Correct, hence technically not a giveaway. But, if I remember correctly, there is a one-time Prime trial option, meaning you can try it for a week or so and then cancel it again. In this period it's free – how trials sometimes are – and my hope is that Prime Gaming is included in the trial, making this a giveaway under certain very specific conditions.

Edit: Also, if you happen to have friends with Amazon Prime who don't play computer games at all, you might want to ask them nicely... Since it's a code for those two games, they can be added to any GOG account...
Post edited January 08, 2023 by Andtha
Drakon135790: .

I'm still not sure why we have to have more posts telling people which games should or should not be here than we do posts with actual games. Maybe criticism like this should be left for if "grey-area" posts become a serious issue (which at their current scarcity it clearly isn't). I'd rather have slightly irrelevant games (which clearly still seem to appeal to some people) rather than continuous pseudo-mod posts telling people not to post certain games.
Cavalary: I see it in some very simple terms: If any sort of payment is required, even indirectly, it's not a giveaway. In this particular case, it's a perk for subscribers of a service.
I totally agree, say where do you get your free internet?
By your definition nothing in this thread is really a GA.
high rated
Just found those by change on IndieGala (and more via the "Freebies & More" section of the IndieGala Beta Client for Windows):

2Dark
Adventures of Shuggy
Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
Back to Bed
Cubicle Quest
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition
Deponia
Dreaming Sarah
The Fan
Grottesco Absurdus
Land It Rocket
Mahjong "Strip" Solitaire
Planet of Mubu
Puzzle Chambers
Winexy
Post edited January 10, 2023 by Andtha
renegade042: I totally agree, say where do you get your free internet?
By your definition nothing in this thread is really a GA.
The commodity of paying for the internet is not the same as paying for games - and even at that becomes a weaker point of contention when it can be used for free. Offline and singleplayer games exist as well.

The point here was that subscription services offer a scheme for paying members to play paid games. The distribution of games to keep permanenty through that system is something that should be avoided discussing here entirely because it's a perk with it's restrictions to paying members. Actual giveaways sought here in this thread don't require such monetary strings attached and are public for people to claim them.

I can't believe we have to have this conversation, but this is not something to debate. It isn't and never has been a "grey-area". It simply isn't the kind of announcement that this thread clearly is intended to serve.
I'm all for stopping most of the off-topic "grey" post, mine included (and yes I see the ambiguity),
or at least keep these to a minimum,
but felt obliged to put in my 2 cents regarding Prime, as I think many are sharing my shoes:
1. I do have Prime from time to time, But due to my Geographic location - Don't recieve all its perks.
- This includes the two day shipping that is unavailable for most of the world (Outside America).
and also not suitable for Prime Gaming offers - Though I have yet to understand why*.
2. Due to gettinmg significantly less for exactly the same price - I don't see the Annual fee worthwhile.
- but as mentioned earlier do sign up for prime from time to time due to other benefits / reasons.

3. Eventhough I can't(?*) redeem these offers - I rather these still apear each month,
especially when these imclude Gog keys.
4. Similarily I don't mind posts about Comcast Rewards or Whatnots.
All posts about 'giveaways' that can not be applicable to me are much better then the posts complaining about them.

* Maybe it's a location setting?
My Prime Video didn't work properly until I contacted support and they said to update a property - and it started working
Six Sides of the World is free on IndieGala

https://freebies.indiegala.com/six-sides-of-the-world
high rated
Andtha: Just found this by change on IndieGala:

Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition
Regarding these two, once you have claimed them and go to your showcase to try to download them, you will get a 404 error.

Do not close the tab.

Instead, look at the URL and look where the apostrophe ( ' ) would have been in the game's name.
It has been replaced with a dash ( - )
Simply delete that particular dash in the URL and press enter. The file will then download.
Post edited January 10, 2023 by kdurham68
high rated
Found more IndieGala Freebies from the IndieGala Beta Client's "Freebies & More" section:

A Detective's Novel
False Shelter
Grand Pigeon's Duty
Hentai Hexa Mosaic
Introvert Quest
Journey of a Roach
Journey of the Sword
Lady's Hentai Mosaic
Nuclear Contingency
Pixel Hentai Mosaic
1914: Prelude to Chaos
Space Beret
The Sun Never Sets
Syberia
Syberia II
Tales of Blood and Sand
Tomb Joe

All of them can be added to the Showcase. There are quite a few RPG Maker games (tagged #RPGMAKER) among the listet ones, but that doesn't mean they're bad. It doesn't mean they're good either, so just decide for yourself. The Hentai titles are tagged #SEXUAL CONTENT and #NUDITY, as they almost always are. Some titles, like Syberia, are well known good old games... (Add Still Life and Still Life 2 to that list.)

Additionally, I was able to get those IndieGala titles for free (hope it works just the same), but they aren't marked as "freebies":

Apple Pop
Black Sect 2: The Cursed Crypt (PnC Remake)
Immortal Sins
Post edited January 10, 2023 by Andtha
Most things on IndieGala under "Showcase" are free.
https://www.indiegala.com/showcase
Quality varies, and NSFW stuff is mixed with SFW stuff.

As for RPGMaker games, I see them as having graphics and sound comparable to Super Nintendo RPGs. The graphics and sound, and most gameplay is not that different from the old Lufia & Lufia II games on the SNES. Other games that are similar are Secret of the Stars, Paladin's Quest, Chronotrigger and Final Fantasy IIUS/IVJ or FFV (only released in America for the Playstation and later remade for Android, actually quite good but others say the job system is too complicated. I loved it, mechanically it was my favorite of the first 8 Final Fantasies).
I can't think of any other such SNES RPGs in English off the top of my head with turn-based combat besides 7th Saga, Breath of Fire, and Earthbound, but I know I'll think of more as soon as I hit post.

Some people see SNES era games as too dated, but I remember the Intelivision, CGA graphics, and Apple IIe games, SNES looks fantastic compared to them.
Post edited January 11, 2023 by slickrcbd
high rated
Epic Games:

3 games this week, including new additions!

Divine Knockout - Link

3rd person platform fighter
Join the mighty gods of myth
Cartoon art style
A battle of supernatural powers, the winner is the last one standing
Another way is to knock out all the other players in the arena (map) and win!
Go knock your friends out!

Features multiplayer only.

First Class Trouble - Link

Work together with others to survive a disaster.
A party game with two opposing roles
As a human, you must identify the imposters (evil robots) amongst yourselves
As a killer robot, you must deceive everyone and survive
Everyone plays as the passengers on the ISS Alithea
A social deception game similar to mafia the card game

Gamedec - Definitive Edition - Link
Let's hope it doesn't become standard edition and Epic Games making a separate entry in their store later

Gamedec is a single-player cyberpunk isometric RPG.
Playing as a game detective, you solves crimes inside virtual worlds.
Has mainly a birds eye view camera of the beautiful world (very big brother vibe)
You interact with witnesses and suspects
The game dialogue appears in a visual novel fashion
Careful what responses you pick!
Your choices will affect your success in uncovering evil schemes!

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
Gamedec Guidebook
Gamedec Character Bundle

Next time: Epistory - Typing Chronicles

Edit: Elaborated each game summary and added guidebook and skins for gamedec
Post edited January 12, 2023 by drxenija
high rated
drxenija: Epic Games:

3 games this week, including new additions!

Divine Knockout - Link

3rd person platform fighter
Join the mighty gods of myth
Cartoon art style

First Class Trouble - Link

Work together with others to survive a disaster.
Mainly a party game and you must identify the imposters (evil robots) amongst yourselves

Gamedec - Definitive Edition - Link
Let's hope it doesn't become standard edition and Epic Games making a separate entry in their store later

Gamedec is a single-player cyberpunk isometric RPG.
Playing as a game detective, you solves crimes inside virtual worlds.
Has mainly a birds eye view camera of the beautiful world (very big brother vibe)
You interact with NPCs and the dialogue appears in a visual novel fashion
Careful what responses you pick!
Your choices will affect your playthrough!

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing new

Next time: Epistory - Typing Chronicles
Remember to also pick up free Characters Bundle and Guidebook for Gamedec.