It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
eiii: But it might not be that easy as people often disagree about what's crap and what is not.
Exactly.(it happened to me here before with game named AER while i thought it was fantastic but some one thought it was not and hardly disagreed on the matter)
I think itho link is enough to understand and distinguish from other stores. so personally i see no point in creation of other thread just for itho games.
Post edited September 28, 2020 by MojArch
low rated
eiii: But it might not be that easy as people often disagree about what's crap and what is not.
MojArch: Exactly.(it happened to me here before with game named AER while i thought it was fantastic but some one thought it was not and hardly disagreed on the matter)
I think itho link is enough to understand and distinguish from other stores. so personally i see no point in creation of other thread just for itho games.
I totally and absolutely agree with your statement.
I never cared for itch links but they don't bother me.
You gotta read the link anyway if you, like me, prefer to use the app to claim the games
rather than the web store. It would take us all month to fill a page in this thread without
itch. It wouldn't be "Massive Giveaways" anymore.
Just keep things as is.
IndieGala - Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade
Post edited September 29, 2020 by Stooner
low rated
drxenija: So someone contacted me and expressed their disapproval for sharing itch.io freebies...

Months ago, I had huge collaborative posts with 50, 60 itch.io giveaways.

Example: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/massive_giveaways_blog/post1428
It is much more neater this way.

The problem is games do not go on giveaway at the same time as they did during the beginning of the pandemic.
Now developers post freebies at random times, and some may only last 1 day or even a few hours.
This makes it impossible to post a huge list like I did in March.

But I respect everyone's opinion.

Here is a poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/21003273

If majority chooses "No", we will ban itch.io freebies from being shared here.
The poll is officially closed now. Any votes from this point onwards will not be counted.
Currently 194 votes!
I will make a followup post tomorrow.
Thank you everyone for casting your votes and making your voice heard!
Attachments:
Post edited September 29, 2020 by drxenija
high rated
Your poll doesn't mean anything. The OP quite clearly states that this is a thread for all "Free (temporary) keys". It's not up to any one of you to decide which games are good enough or not, people have very different tastes.
I'm sure he doesn't mind temporary free expansions or DLC either.
OP doesn't state that it's for computer games only but, "like the ones on GOG, Steam, Origin, Uplay, HumbleBundle, Giveaway of the Day etc." kind of implies it.
Personally I've never picked up any Itch or Giveaway of the Day games, but I'm fully capable of scrolling past them since I know others like them.
I've also picked up some nice ebooks here, which I don't mind, but if they bother others I'm not going to argue.
This is however the only place I learn about mobile game giveaways, and I pick up every one of them if they're ad-free and in-app purchase free, so please keep that up. Moblie games are still computer games.
If anyone else aren't capable of scrolling past the games they don't want, they are free to go start their own thread for "good" games only and see how well that will go.
I never downvote posts just because I don't like the game posted, but I'll keep downvoting posts with F2P games. They're neither temporary or really free, since they try to sucker people into paying for them forever.
I want to thank everyone who posts temporary free games here, I appreciate all the work you put down even if I like the games or not.
low rated
Hi!
I'm not sure if I can publish this here. So if anyone would be so kind as to tell me, I would appreciate it. I have this video game (key) for Steam Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers from Black Pants Game Studio and I would like to know if anyone is interested in changing this video game (key) for another one (key) from GOG. I add two extra keys: BadDoge's Cornflakes and Aldorlea Games' 3 Stars of Destiny also for Steam as part of the key change between GOG and STEAM.
I listen to offers...
UCrest: Hi!
I'm not sure if I can publish this here. So if anyone would be so kind as to tell me, I would appreciate it. I have this video game (key) for Steam Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers from Black Pants Game Studio and I would like to know if anyone is interested in changing this video game (key) for another one (key) from GOG. I add two extra keys: BadDoge's Cornflakes and Aldorlea Games' 3 Stars of Destiny also for Steam as part of the key change between GOG and STEAM.
I listen to offers...
Wrong thread. You should try this one:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread
low rated
Finalizing the community's poll results and decision...

I have read your comments and have considered all suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your input!

Statistics:
- 93 votes for No = 48.4%
- 72 votes for a conditional Yes - Games Only = 37.1%
- 29 votes for unconditional Yes - Wanting all Free Postings = 14.9%

- Over 20 countries have participated in this poll!
- Total of 194 votes in a span of 72 hours - well done guys!
- Results are normally distributed (not skewed, statistically representative, no signs of cheating)
- Protected by IP Duplication Check

Results:
- None of the choices received over 50% votes so there is no absolute majority
- No has the most votes: "No" is 22 votes ahead of "Games only" and 65 votes ahead of "Everything please"

Since none of the choices exceeded 50% in votes, the winner is determined by the most votes.
The community has spoken:
No has received the most votes so No has won!

To address some frequently raised questions and comments, please read the section below.

PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ASKING FOR ANYTHING.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Can we count both "Games Only" and "Everything please" as one Yes group?

That would be forming a coalition majority to supersede the No group. However, the two approval groups are actually very different so this is not possible. The following example will demonstrate the contradiction.
Let's say there are two groups of people in line for ice-cream:

The first group says: "I want vanilla flavoured ice-cream only! Nothing else!"
But the second group says: "I want to try all flavours! Just take my money!"
Can the ice-cream parlour serve both groups in exactly the same way? The answer is No.

If both groups are given mint flavoured ice-cream, the second group would be happy but the first group will throw it away in disgust. So it is not possible to combine both groups into one category because they each have different preferences. The second group would also be upset if they do not receive all free postings from itch.io

2. What about people who still want to be notified about itch.io's free postings?

Some comments have already suggested in creating a separate thread for folks who want to receive continuous updates for itch.io free postings and I agree with this. Although we have to respect the group who voted No, everyone else's votes will not be underrepresented.

I have created a thread here, in which I will be posting itch.io free postings daily:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/updated_itchio_giveaways

I will be maintaining the thread daily with new updates. The first post is regularly revised with the complete list.
Everyone who wants to receive itch.io free postings after this development can regularly drop by there.

3. How does this solution satisfy all three groups' demands?

It goes without saying for the No group as they prefer to reduce the notifications here.

For the "Games Only" group, I will be updating the first post regularly in the new itch.io thread and listing all active free postings in their respective categories, namely games, game assets, books etc.
If you want games only, you can regularly check the first post and click the links under "Games" to exclusively add itch.io games without game assets and etc. to your account. This heavily speeds up your process when claiming them and reduces the clutter on your accounts. If you want notifications for every update, you can also subscribe to the new thread. I will post each time I make a revision.

For the "Everything please" group, you can subscribe to the new thread. When there is a new update, I will post the changes, in which you would receive notifications for after subscribing.
Additionally, everything that is temporarily free will also be listed in the main post for you to click away and add them all.
As long as you check regularly, you can grab every itch.io free posting without missing any giveaway!

This is more work on my part because I will be maintaining the thread, the front post and categorizing all the free postings, but I am willing to do so because it will satisfy all three groups and their respective preferences.

4. What if I find a itch.io free posting that I don't see on the main page of the itch.io thread?

Spam and overflowing notifications is the reason why we are here today with this change petition.
Therefore, to reduce cluttering and turning the new thread into another spam storm, it is best to not post in that thread and to reserve posts for notifications whenever I update the list of itch.io postings. This will reduce unnecessary notifications appearing in subscribers' inboxes and will keep the thread clean from off topic posts.

Therefore, please send me a PM if you want to add a listing or if you have other concerns in lieu of posting to reduce spam and redundancy in the itch.io thread!

I also regularly check itch.io postings so not to worry. What is not on there will likely soon appear. However, if you do find a free posting and I have not added it after 24 hours since its promo, you can send me a PM and I will add it to the main list and credit you.

I want to ensure the thread stays clean and fewer false positives notifications appear for those following the thread.

5. What if others continue to post itch.io postings here?

Please direct them to this post and also the first post of this thread. It will be updated shortly to reflect the recent changes from our community's decision.

As per community's decision...
- - - - - - - - - ITCH.IO IS OFFICIALLY BANNED IN THIS THREAD. - - - - - - - - -

Effective immediately.
September 29, 2020
Post edited October 01, 2020 by ponczo_
high rated
drxenija: Finalizing the community's poll results and decision...

I have read your comments and have considered all suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your input!

Statistics:
- 93 votes for No = 48.4%
- 72 votes for a conditional Yes - Games Only = 37.1%
- 29 votes for unconditional Yes - Wanting all Free Postings = 14.9%

- Over 20 countries have participated in this poll!
- Total of 194 votes in a span of 72 hours - well done guys!
- Results are normally distributed (not skewed, statistically representative, no signs of cheating)
- Protected by IP Duplication Check

Results:
- None of the choices received over 50% votes so there is no absolute majority
- No has the most votes: "No" is 22 votes ahead of "Games only" and 65 votes ahead of "Everything please"

Since none of the choices exceeded 50% in votes, the winner is determined by the most votes.
The community has spoken:
No has received the most votes so No has won!

To address some frequently raised questions and comments, please read the section below.

PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ASKING FOR ANYTHING.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Can we count both "Games Only" and "Everything please" as one Yes group?

That would be forming a coalition majority to supersede the No group. However, the two approval groups are actually very different so this is not possible. The following example will demonstrate the contradiction.
Let's say there are two groups of people in line for ice-cream:

The first group says: "I want vanilla flavoured ice-cream only! Nothing else!"
But the second group says: "I want to try all flavours! Just take my money!"
Can the ice-cream parlour serve both groups in exactly the same way? The answer is No.

If both groups are given mint flavoured ice-cream, the second group would be happy but the first group will throw it away in disgust. So it is not possible to combine both groups into one category because they each have different preferences. The second group would also be upset if they do not receive all free postings from itch.io

2. What about people who still want to be notified about itch.io's free postings?

Some comments have already suggested in creating a separate thread for folks who want to receive continuous updates for itch.io free postings and I agree with this. Although we have to respect the group who voted No, everyone else's votes will not be underrepresented.

I have created a thread here, in which I will be posting itch.io free postings daily:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/updated_itchio_giveaways

I will be maintaining the thread daily with new updates. The first post is regularly revised with the complete list.
Everyone who wants to receive itch.io free postings after this development can regularly drop by there.

3. How does this solution satisfy all three groups' demands?

It goes without saying for the No group as they prefer to reduce the notifications here.

For the "Games Only" group, I will be updating the first post regularly in the new itch.io thread and listing all active free postings in their respective categories, namely games, game assets, books etc.
If you want games only, you can regularly check the first post and click the links under "Games" to exclusively add itch.io games without game assets and etc. to your account. This heavily speeds up your process when claiming them and reduces the clutter on your accounts. If you want notifications for every update, you can also subscribe to the new thread. I will post each time I make a revision.

For the "Everything please" group, you can subscribe to the new thread. When there is a new update, I will post the changes, in which you would receive notifications for after subscribing.
Additionally, everything that is temporarily free will also be listed in the main post for you to click away and add them all.
As long as you check regularly, you can grab every itch.io free posting without missing any giveaway!

This is more work on my part because I will be maintaining the thread, the front post and categorizing all the free postings, but I am willing to do so because it will satisfy all three groups and their respective preferences.

4. What if I find a itch.io free posting that I don't see on the main page of the itch.io thread?

Spam and overflowing notifications is the reason why we are here today with this change petition.
Therefore, to reduce cluttering and turning the new thread into another spam storm, it is best to not post in that thread and to reserve posts for notifications whenever I update the list of itch.io postings. This will reduce unnecessary notifications appearing in subscribers' inboxes and will keep the thread clean from off topic posts.

Therefore, please send me a PM if you want to add a listing or if you have other concerns in lieu of posting to reduce spam and redundancy in the itch.io thread!

I also regularly check itch.io postings so not to worry. What is not on there will likely soon appear. However, if you do find a free posting and I have not added it after 24 hours since its promo, you can send me a PM and I will add it to the main list and credit you.

I want to ensure the thread stays clean and fewer false positives notifications appear for those following the thread.

5. What if others continue to post itch.io postings here?

Please direct them to this post and also the first post of this thread. It will be updated shortly to reflect the recent changes from our community's decision.

As per community's decision...
- - - - - - - - - ITCH.IO IS OFFICIALLY BANNED IN THIS THREAD. - - - - - - - - -

Effective immediately.
September 29, 2020
I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. We don't need separate threads, people can ignore the itch.io freebies but they act as if they're forced to download them. Besides, this isn't your thread and you're not a moderator so how can you ban those giveaways?
Post edited September 30, 2020 by JakobFel
low rated
PaterAlf: Wrong thread. You should try this one:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread
Thank You! :)
high rated
drxenija:
Oh, give me a break. As JakobFel said, for one you're not the OP, and unless I'm missing something weren't "handed over" the thread from the one who is, so can't set its rules. And separate threads for what are actual games is just annoying. Plus, you're claiming that thread as your exclusive "playground" and, with the claimed "ban" here too, essentially trying to ban anyone else from ever posting a temporary freebie off itch on this forum at all. That you most definitely have no right to do.

I'm sticking to:
- This is for actual computer games that are temporary freebies. Assets, books and so on should go elsewhere, and permanently free stuff doesn't belong here.
- Specify the site the game's on, if you're not posting plain links to make it obvious.
- Try at least some minimal curation. If posting obviously really crappy stuff at all at least make a note of it, or on the contrary, when posting what seems unusually good off a site (like itch) where the quality is generally lower, specify that.
Post edited September 30, 2020 by Cavalary
It's annoying enough to have 2 giveaways thread with the fucking same content and now there's 3.
low rated
Just a couple of observations:

1) The OP doesn't seem to be active in this thread anymore.
2) While drxenija isn't the OP, it's perfectly within his rights to start a different thread just like the OP started a different thread (this one) when he felt the other giveaway thread wasn't what he or others wanted.

History has repeated, and it is in the same spirit as this thread.

Edit: However, I do agree with the fact that one can't really set the rules of existing threads without being the OP or a moderator. It would be nice if everyone just agreed to let itch.io games be its own thread though, but I realize people that like the platform aren't likely to agree with that.

2nd edit: I think as far as this thread is concerned, itch.io isn't really in the spirit of the OP: "Massive giveaways only, like the ones on GOG, Steam, Origin, Uplay, HumbleBundle, Giveaway of the Day etc."
Post edited September 30, 2020 by themazingness
low rated
As I suggested elsewhere, one option would be to have a mainstream thread (gog, steam, epic) and an indie thread (itch, indiegala, groupees).
I haven't contributed anything to this discussion as I honestly don't care very much about this topic. But I have to say that it is kind of funny - although not in the least surprising - how someone (like drxenija, who dedicated pretty much time to the constant itch.io updates) can try everything to come to an understanding and still annoy about half of the participants/readers (not to mention the still ongoing misuse of the shitty upvote/downvote system) ...