It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
Is it just me, or are these indiegala freebies no longer able to be added to your account for later use, but are now download only?
TrevorWilliams: Is it just me, or are these indiegala freebies no longer able to be added to your account for later use, but are now download only?
I see an Add to library button on the page but I'm not logged in.
Attachments:
add.jpg (29 Kb)
TrevorWilliams: Is it just me, or are these indiegala freebies no longer able to be added to your account for later use, but are now download only?
At least it seems to say they are claimable, that's how it looks logged on. Really don't want it so not clicking to add it pointlessly to check though.
Attachments:
add.jpg (22 Kb)
Are you sure you don't have them in your library?
What I see is that they've been repeating games for a long time, everything they're giving away has been given away before.
It saddens me to see how this thread is getting more and more posts about Amazon prime giveaways.

Or is it really free to have a prime subscription? If not, isn't there also a forum thread only meant for giveaways to prime users? Or maybe it is me that should be following another thread instead?

(Sry, for this off-topic post!)
Thanks everyone. I’m logged in, and maybe it’s just that the last dozen or two were all repeats. I’ve been “adding to library” on these things for many years now.
Tawapah: It saddens me to see how this thread is getting more and more posts about Amazon prime giveaways.

Or is it really free to have a prime subscription?
It is free, but only for a trial period.

But if you have never had an Amazon account, and then see a game that interests you in one of their monthly giveaways, you can create an account, claim the game, and it won't cost you a single cent.

If you want to maximise your gain, you can (try to) time your free trial so that it overlaps two months, so you could get (in theory) free games from two different months, again no money required at all.

Obviously this works only once, because the whole point of their free trial is to have some people actually becoming their paying subscribers.

Anyway, some people don't use those game codes and are giving them away in other threads on this forum, so knowing that such codes might be available should still benefit you, even without a subscription?
PixelBoy: Obviously this works only once...
Not that I'm recommending it --- I have an Amazon Prime subscription since 2013 and I am very pleased with it --- but it easily works more than once, since you can have multiple trial periods by using multiple Amazon accounts with multiple email addresses (all free).
high rated
Tawapah: It saddens me to see how this thread is getting more and more posts about Amazon prime giveaways.

Or is it really free to have a prime subscription? If not, isn't there also a forum thread only meant for giveaways to prime users? Or maybe it is me that should be following another thread instead?

Prime Gaming giveaways refresh once per month. This month being an exception since Amazon moved to weekly offerings, but all of the games have already been announced.
I counted 8 posts about Amazon in this page alone, but most of them are off-topic discussions about how Amazon works. Those should be considered off-topic and moved to the Amazon thread, but the actual giveaways should still be welcome here IMO.
Can a GOG mod please rename this thread to Amazon Customer Support?

I was unaware of an Amazon Prime giveaway thread.
Maybe you could link to it so the people know where to look instead of assuming this is the appropriate place?
high rated
Anodyne is currently free to download or claim at Itch.io
slickrcbd: I was unaware of an Amazon Prime giveaway thread.
Maybe you could link to it so the people know where to look instead of assuming this is the appropriate place?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/current_games_included_in_amazon_prime_subscription

Of course that thread isn't very active, and free games from Amazon and mostly listed here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/amazon_prime_games_and_drm
Control Craft 2 is free on IndieGala

https://freebies.indiegala.com/control-craft-2
There are some reports that Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition becomes available for standard version owners on Steam.