It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
slickrcbd: Link please? I can't find the DLC for Dragon age 1, only the "Ultimate edition" which is not free unless you subscribe to their game subscription service.
renegade042: Right click the game, select Show Game Details, select Extra Content (at the bottom)
Can confirm that it works. Thanks for the heads up! I already have the Ultimate Edition of Origins but I'm working on my first full series playthrough so I'm glad to have all the addon content for 2 as well. I wish Inquisition got this treatment as well (I've played it before, it's still my favorite so far) but meh, it's EA.
renegade042: DLC for Dragon Age 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3 free from Origin.
One note on this is that the Awakening expansion pack is not available as an add-on to the base game, but is only included in the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition.
high rated
Addons for EA games are not part of store purchase. I bought all Ultimate and Complete Editions and I dont have these addons, because they are in game addons purchased with Bioware points.

For Origin client (not new beta but old one):
To add them click on game Dragon Age, Dragon Age II or Mass Effects and in new window look for extra content tab. They are all listed below. On each addon says Get For Free.
We don`t have to download anything, soon as we click get for free they are added to our game library.
As far as I can tell there is no extra content available for Mass Effect 1, only for the other games above. (At least the Origin launcher shows no "extra content" for Mass Effect 1.)
DiffuseReflection: As far as I can tell there is no extra content available for Mass Effect 1, only for the other games above. (At least the Origin launcher shows no "extra content" for Mass Effect 1.)
There isn't any. It's supposed to just be for 2 and 3, and the poster just had a little slip. The exception for the free content is the multiplayer DLC and there's the Final Hours BTS content that's not for free either.

For the multiplayer pack, that can still be obtained currently with BW points until October 11, 2022 where you'd have to earn credit in-game.

There's also still the bundles that have a price tag there, but that could be ignored as they don't seem to have anything exceptional. In my case, I actually got the multiplayer pack for free a long while ago, so with the addition of this content that's now unlocked, I have all the content obtained. So feasibly you would have everything by the time you get enough credit to unlock multiplayer.

Overall, they appear to just be retiring the Bioware points system, which is what this change is doing. The specific multiplayer exception appears to be a funny choice, especially given the gaffe EA played out last week that's been flooding social media for all the memes.
Post edited July 17, 2022 by TurdFerguson87
DiffuseReflection: As far as I can tell there is no extra content available for Mass Effect 1, only for the other games above. (At least the Origin launcher shows no "extra content" for Mass Effect 1.)
ME 1 does have 2 DLC (Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station). Both are not available through Origin but are automatically accessible in the game's main menu under Downloadable Content.
high rated
Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work؜ (DRM-free), an old-school point-and-click adventure game also available on GOG؜, is temporarily free again on Indiegala.  Here's a gameplay video؜.
Randalator: ME 1 does have 2 DLC (Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station). Both are not available through Origin but are automatically accessible in the game's main menu under Downloadable Content.
Also, and I'm just mentioning th is cause it always sparks an enthusiastic debate, if you got prime you can
get Mass Effect Legendary Edition free right now (unless the offer expired already in which case you didn't
hear it from me).
Randalator: ME 1 does have 2 DLC (Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station). Both are not available through Origin but are automatically accessible in the game's main menu under Downloadable Content.
renegade042: Also, and I'm just mentioning th is cause it always sparks an enthusiastic debate, if you got prime you can
get Mass Effect Legendary Edition free right now (unless the offer expired already in which case you didn't
hear it from me).
That was a special 48h offer during prime day and has already expired.
slickrcbd: Link please? I can't find the DLC for Dragon age 1, only the "Ultimate edition" which is not free unless you subscribe to their game subscription service.
renegade042: Right click the game, select Show Game Details, select Extra Content (at the bottom)
I'm confused. Right click on the game in what?
Hence why I asked for a link.
I opened the game in the Origin website because you said "on origin" and only got a standard right-click menu in Firefox.

I have the DVD-ROM version of Dragon Age:Origins and Awakenings, as well as Mass Effect 2.

ME2 is installed, but doesn't show up in Origin's launcher under "my game library". Nor does Dragon Age.
Post edited July 18, 2022 by slickrcbd
slickrcbd: I'm confused. Right click on the game in what?
I opened the game in the Origin website because you said "on origin" and only got a standard right-click menu in Firefox.

I have the DVD-ROM version of Dragon Age:Origins and Awakenings, as well as Mass Effect 2.

ME2 is installed, but doesn't show up in Origin's launcher under "my game library". Nor does Dragon Age.
If you have CD-ROM version you probably got cd keys to activate the games? I`m not sure when you purchased them and do they have key. If you can`t add them to Origin, go to EA support they will help you probably. They helped me few years ago about similiar things. I was very satisfied.

Free DLCs can be claimed on Origin, but you need to own those games on Origin.

On Origin client you just click on game, and in new window that will appear under extra content tab claim all free dlcs and thats it. You dont have to donwload them they will be added to your Origin acccount.

So your next steps are probably to activate your games on Origin using game keys inside the box or as I said earlier if that doesnt work contact support, I1m sure they will help.

*Few years ago I had similiar problem, I had 6 EA games bought on steam and I wanted to activate them on Origin, but steam keys didn`t work. I contact EA support I told them my problem, they said those keys cant be activated on Origin, but since I bought thier games they will give me all those games for Origin. And they did, they added all games I bought on steam to my Origin account.
That is why I think they might help you, in case you need to fix your issue. I hope you have game keys, it doesnt matter if they are activated or not...

I hope this will help. BTW I activated all DLCs using method i explained inside Origin client.

If you don't have a "digital" version of the game (the game registered with an EA account), then you can't get the free DLCs. These aren't downloadable DLCs like old-fashioned patches. They're released through Origin for platform products. You could try redeeming your CD keys within Origin to try to get a platform version of the game first, and then claim the free DLCs after that. But if you can't redeem the keys and all you have is a DVD-ROM, then you're not eligible for the DLC afaik.

EDIT: Lol. Ninja'd again.

Oh, and if the CDs you own are second-hand, or you loaned the keys/cds out to friends at some point in their life, then the chances that your keys being redeemable get even slimmer. No harm in trying though.
Post edited July 18, 2022 by Braggadar

You don't even have to right click. You left click like everything else. You'd have to have the game in your library to do this because it affects the digital version of the game since these items are normall obtained through Bioware points.

What you're really looking for is under this: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games

Beyond that, even then I don't think it 100% lists all the DLC, but it's obtainable there.
Post edited February 09, 2023 by TurdFerguson87
TurdFerguson87: You don't even have to right click. You left click like everything else. You'd have to have the game in your library to do this because it affects the digital version of the game since these items are normally obtained through Bioware points.

What you're really looking for is under this: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games

Beyond that, even then I don't think it 100% lists all the DLC, but it's obtainable there.
Well, b*gger me with a fish fork! There you go: downloadable DLCs as regular patches/installers!
Don't forget your extra goodies as well: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/ea-downloadable-extras
My 2 cents here:

I don't have Origin installed, I only use the website at the moment.

I own:
- Dragen Age Origins
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Out of these titles, only Dragen Age Origins had claimable DLC for me.

Open the game via the site from your library. There is now a tab "extra content".
The other games did not have that extra tab.