It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any reason why the Canadian dollar (CAD) has been completely removed as a payment option?

Now I'll have to spend more converting it to USD than I would have paying natively, plus my progress towards getting Everspace was also reset.

Really annoying that this happened with no warning and during a sale at that.

Edit: Just loaded the store through GOG Galaxy and I'm still able to pay via CAD. Loading the site through a web browser locks prices into USD though.
Post edited December 28, 2018 by Enhas
Log out and delete the cookies for gog.com/www.gog.com - then CAD should be offered again. This has hit us users randomly for the last weeks.
Post edited December 29, 2018 by The-Business
PeriSiggy: Any chance in the future for local pricing for Argentina? I know it's silly but I really wanna buy from GoG and...yeah...I'm a bit lucked out on the currency front XD
Aldaron79: I came here to ask the same thing. Right now dollars seem the only option and it's a very expensive option.
I'm asking too.
GOG own words: "GOG story began in a time and place where games were a luxury that few could afford. Our answer was to offer professional localization, and prices that are simply reasonable". We are still waiting for local prices for the rest of the world.
We've updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:

5.99$ = 5.29 EUR = 4.59 GBP = 8.49 AUD = 389 RUB = 22.79 PLN = 55.20 SEK = 51.00 NOK = 39.50 DKK = 6.09 CHF = 7.99 CAD = 22.89 BRL = 40.00 CNY

9.99$ = 8.89 EUR = 7.59 GBP = 14.09 AUD = 649 RUB = 37.99 PLN = 92.10 SEK = 85.10 NOK = 65.80 DKK = 10.09 CHF = 13.39 CAD = 38.09 BRL = 67.00 CNY

14.99$ = 13.29 EUR = 11.29 GBP = 21.19 AUD = 979 RUB = 56.89 PLN = 138.30 SEK = 127.70 NOK = 98.80 DKK = 15.09 CHF = 19.99 CAD = 57.19 BRL = 101.00 CNY
Please bring back CAD option. Thanks.
Hi!

Should i change the currency from euro to dollar and is that any cheaper so. i live in EU..
Prices are converted, so they are +/-10 cent of the converted value in the other currency.
̶D̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶c̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶B̶R̶L̶?̶!̶

I guess it was a bug. BRL option was gone for a bit.
Post edited March 28, 2019 by Nix31
Since the fair price program has ended, GOG is a bit less of a deal to me
for some reason almost only GOG counts iceland as a "euro" country.
almost everyone else, even amazon, gives me the US store(and blocks me from eu ones)

This results in GOG now being 13% more expensive than all of their competitors.

Posting this here in the vague hope this gets fixed.

let me know if there's any place i should post this that would get it more attention.
Post edited April 02, 2019 by Enizer
Any chances of Regional Prices for Argentina? Thanks!
Please add south african Rand.
Spetys: Any chances of Regional Prices for Argentina? Thanks!
GOG has regional prices for Argentina for most games, averaging almost 50% off. Maybe you mean adding the currency?
Enizer:
Good luck... :/
Can we have the pound back please, all i get is USD and EUR. I am British and we use thre pound
Not really related to local currencies, but sometimes items from sale I add to cart appear to cost a lot more when I check out. Just yesterday I put Pathfinder into the cart (which cost ~17$ for me) and on check out it showed ~67$. Removed everything else, re-added the game and it showed correct price.
Not to mention that now the pages with sales don't even show which items I already own. Browser cache was cleared, even tried using different browser and still the same result.
AzureKite: Not really related to local currencies, but sometimes items from sale I add to cart appear to cost a lot more when I check out. Just yesterday I put Pathfinder into the cart (which cost ~17$ for me) and on check out it showed ~67$. Removed everything else, re-added the game and it showed correct price.
Not to mention that now the pages with sales don't even show which items I already own. Browser cache was cleared, even tried using different browser and still the same result.
Known issue, regarding sale pages. Seems to affect some more than others. There's a user fix for it. GOG ignores it despite being made aware of how to fix it a long time ago and is still "looking into the matter" (which is to say, probably aren't and expect users to learn to deal with it).
As for prices, make sure you don't check buy as gift first, since Ukraine gets huge regional discounts when buying normally but anyone getting discounts has to pay the base price when buying as gift. But since the redesign GOG also occasionally seems to reset one's location, language and/or currency, and the fix for that is to go to checkout (don't need to actually buy anything), as it checks again when you do that.