It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: I wonder if Treasure ever went to visit that building to see what's there...
budejovice: I always had the feeling this Cyprus thing was a ruse...
thanks that made me laugh +1
Wurzelkraft: This is all true but only for their physical location.

From their new User Agreement:

"1. ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT
1.1 This Agreement is a contract between you and GOG Ltd, 7 Florinis Street, Greg Tower, 6th floor, 1065 Nicosia, Cyprus and applies to www.GOG.com, your GOG user account, the GOG Downloader, the GOG Galaxy Client for updating games, any games or videos or other content which you purchase or access via GOG.com, the GOG web forums, GOG customer and technical support and other services we provide to you (we'll just call all this “GOG services” for short).[...]"
mrkgnao: I wonder if Treasure ever went to visit that building to see what's there...
I browsed around randomly today and saw that my expertise as a Cyprus resident was called for! :P
Well, I haven't been near Florinis str. for a while-I know where it is, but it isn't very near my house, nor is there anything special in the area nearby that would make me visit the general vicinity (a couple restaurants only maybe-in fact the nearest worthwhile building is a hotel in Florinis 8). But, from what I recall, the buildings in the street (a rather small street btw) looked like your average office buildings-I haven't been inside any of them however so I can't know if there's anything inside Florinis 7 or not...
So yeah, I don't know if it's a ruse, but, given also the fact that this area isn't anything special, I'd speculate this Florinis street thing is just a nominative address given because the bureaucracy tends to request street adresses even if only a bank account is all there is...*
P.S. Seems a bunch of accountants is using the same address-the pic on their site that looks as if it came from the 70s resembles a building in the general area I recall, but I can't tell if it's the correct building without visiting the area first, and I don't feel like bumping in some random accountants...
P.S.2 I just had a realisation-this Greg Tower thing mentioned in GOGs adress is from Grigoriou tower-the name of the accountants from the previous link who are in the same adress! Maybe GOG uses these guys as its accountants...
P.S.3A photo of the general area as seen from the hotel...

*=footnote=after my later thoughts, seems Florinis 7 is the address of the accountants-so there is something there, just not a building belonging to GOG but the headquarters of the people GOG uses for its tax purposes...

edit-typos
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Treasure
GOG.com: We are slightly adjusting local pricing due to changes in currency exchange rates.

Due to recent significant changes in currency conversion rates, we need to re-evaluate and update the local price values for the products on GOG.com. When preparing for the launch of our local currency payment options we've monitored the conversion rates for 18 months, looking at the average, and rounding it to the closest 0.09. That's how we came up with - for example - the 4.49€ equivalent for the $5.99 price-tag (with 4.51€ being the average converted price out of the previous 18 months). With fairness and clarity in mind, we decided to stick to the prices calculated this way, and only update them if a really considerable change in currency exchange rates would occur.

Unfortunately, this happened much sooner than anyone would expect. There are evident changes in the conversion rates for almost all currencies used on GOG.com. Therefore, we are forced to adjust some of the local-currency prices of the GOG.com catalog items.The prices are changing only by a small margin that allows us to compensate for the recent shifts in currency exchange rates. Here's a representative example of the pricing changes:

For $9,99 games:
- the EUR price was: 7,49; is: 7,99
- the GBP price was: 5,99; is: 6,19
- the AUD price was: 10,89; is: 11,49
- the RUB price was: 359; is: 389

The changes will come into effect on Wednesday, October 1 at 12:00PM GMT. We apologize for any inconvenience this change may be causing you. Please remember that you have the option to switch your preferred currency back to USD in the site's footer.

We will continue to monitor the exchange rates and apply further updates. Hopefully, we'll see the rates reverting to their more beneficial state soon, so that the next small price update can be in everyone's favor. We will communicate any future adjustments in the forum thread for this topic, so please follow it if you're interested in the future development for local prices.
is it available now?
Treasure: I browsed around randomly today and saw that my expertise as a Cyprus resident was called for! :P
Well, I haven't been near Florinis str. for a while-I know where it is, but it isn't very near my house, nor is there anything special in the area nearby that would make me visit the general vicinity (a couple restaurants only maybe-in fact the nearest worthwhile building is a hotel in Florinis 8). But, from what I recall, the buildings in the street (a rather small street btw) looked like your average office buildings-I haven't been inside any of them however so I can't know if there's anything inside Florinis 7 or not...
So yeah, I don't know if it's a ruse, but, given also the fact that this area isn't anything special, I'd speculate this Florinis street thing is just a nominative address given because the bureaucracy tends to request street adresses even if only a bank account is all there is...*
P.S. Seems a bunch of accountants is using the same address-the pic on their site that looks as if it came from the 70s resembles a building in the general area I recall, but I can't tell if it's the correct building without visiting the area first, and I don't feel like bumping in some random accountants...
P.S.2 I just had a realisation-this Greg Tower thing mentioned in GOGs adress is from Grigoriou tower-the name of the accountants from the previous link who are in the same adress! Maybe GOG uses these guys as its accountants...

*=footnote=after my later thoughts, seems Florinis 7 is the address of the accountants-so there is something there, just not a building belonging to GOG but the headquarters of the people GOG uses for its tax purposes...

edit-typos
Nice web detective work. Thanks.
It looks like the black building on the left seen in the photo from the hotel is much the same building as on the accountants' web page.

The closest I ever came to Nicosia was spending one day in Larnaca (I was married in the town hall there).
Treasure: I browsed around randomly today and saw that my expertise as a Cyprus resident was called for! :P

edit-typos
mrkgnao: Nice web detective work. Thanks.
It looks like the black building on the left seen in the photo from the hotel is much the same building as on the accountants' web page.

The closest I ever came to Nicosia was spending one day in Larnaca (I was married in the town hall there).
You're welcome! :-)
Also, interesting to know you were married in Larnaca-not many people from the USA or other big countries even know about small places such as Cyprus, much less visit them... As I personally live in Nicosia (as you already found out by my post), and don't tend to go out of town very often (only to go to the airport when I'm going to go on holidays) I don't know much about how Larnaca has evolved since you last were there, unfortunately. I've heard that Limassol have become livelier recently though, but that's about it...
Anyways, let's hope that post of mine will be helpful to people wondering about GOGs address :-)
mrkgnao: Nice web detective work. Thanks.

Treasure: You're welcome! :-)
Also, interesting to know you were married in Larnaca-not many people from the USA or other big countries even know about small places such as Cyprus, much less visit them... As I personally live in Nicosia (as you already found out by my post), and don't tend to go out of town very often (only to go to the airport when I'm going to go on holidays) I don't know much about how Larnaca has evolved since you last were there, unfortunately. I've heard that Limassol have become livelier recently though, but that's about it...
Anyways, let's hope that post of mine will be helpful to people wondering about GOGs address :-)
I've only been living in the US for two years. Prior to that I was in Israel, so flying for a day to Larnaca to get married (much much simpler than organising a wedding in Israel, which has no civil marriage) was no big deal.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by mrkgnao
Some people says dollar might become stronger than the euro. Sounds bad, but on the other hand, this might be actually good news.

Some companies always uses $1=€1 policy, making products in Europe more expensive. Unless they change tactics, European products will be cheaper.

Europe Strikes Back!
Seeing how expensive stuff is becoming due to the current currency conversion and how the $1.99 price tags on GoG in promos seem to be gone now, I'm not able to buy as much here anymore as I did before, hmph.

I just hope the € gets stronger again or I'll earn more money this year.
I lol'd at the new price increase of 4 days ago. It seems that buying more than 200 games here and lots of humbe bundles before all this shit happened was a good idea.

Now I'll be buying less games, or I'll wait for very deep sales.
Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've had to update our pricings yet again.

EUR:
$5.99 now €5.69 (before: €5.59)
$9.99 now €9.49 (before: €9.29)

GBP:
$5.99 now £4.09 (before: £3.99)
$9.99 now £6.79 (before: £6.69)

RUB and AUD prices stayed the same.
Ciris: Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've had to update our pricings yet again.

EUR:
$5.99 now €5.69 (before: €5.59)
$9.99 now €9.49 (before: €9.29)

GBP:
$5.99 now £4.09 (before: £3.99)
$9.99 now £6.79 (before: £6.69)

RUB and AUD prices stayed the same.
nevermind
Post edited March 20, 2015 by apehater
Yeah euro is going to be 1:1 with dollar till summer it seems. If not before.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Yeah euro is going to be 1:1 with dollar till summer it seems. If not before.
there is a way out of this hell
Matruchus: Yeah euro is going to be 1:1 with dollar till summer it seems. If not before.
That's quite an optimistic outlook you have there. If it doesn't go 1:1 till the end of April, colour me surprised. :P
I think that is a way out of all hells.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: I think that is a way out of all hells.
It looks more like a way in.
Grargar: That's quite an optimistic outlook you have there. If it doesn't go 1:1 till the end of April, colour me surprised. :P
They'll probably announce the good news on April Fool's Day.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by Lemon_Curry