It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
It's a cold winter night. Outside there is a storm with lightning bolts and flashes, the wind is blowing strong and you can hear it howling between the trees just outside your bedroom. You've had a really hard day and finally it's evening: you can seat down next to your computer and have some fun and relax.

While you're scrolling down your library you can see something strange: there is something you don't expect to have, it's name is LAYERS OF FEAR: it seems beautiful and scaring at the same time. You're brave, but a voice inside your mind says "Don't open this game". You decide to ignore this voice and you start the game.

There is a long dark corridor with painting of every side of it and something strange happens: it seems the paintings are watching you. You can feel the eyes of the people painted moving and following your steps. You can just run out of this shit. There is a door at the end of this corridor, you're quick to go inside and in the moment the door is closing a huge lightning bolt comes down next to your room and a flash makes you blind for a second or two. When you're able to see again there is another surprise: the door has vanished and there is a wall instead of it. No way to go back, you just have to go forward. Again and again and agagin.

A voyage full of anxiety until the end. But it will take you on your chair all night long. Just remember to light your room, if it works!
I'd say the Witcher 1, because I still haven't finished that one and I'd like to play all the Witcher games in order.
Witcher 3, simply so much to explore and see.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt without a doubt. For one thing, the game takes a long time to play from beginning to end, longer with the DLC:s so it would keep me occupied for the whole winter. And even if it didn't, the game is deep and a masterpiece and is replayable many times.
The game is not 100% perfect but it is as close as you can get practically.
The music, the action, the drama, the characters, the voices of the characters, everything is mixed just right to make you really immersed in the game. So many beutiful locations with many different enemies and people to fight and talk to. Some characters are not that great and of great annoyance (*host Dandelion *host*) but the overall story is still great.
Even the side missions was greatly cared for when they were being made, many quests aren't just fetch quest (some are, you can't escape them) but so many of them actually have a meaning to yourself and other characters. Love that.

In short (too late) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the game I would spend a winter with (even though I already have) because it is a great game made by a studio who has put great thought into every corner of the game and it shows.
A long, winter night you said ? Mmh let's see...

I would pick something terrifying, but still human. Cause the most captivating stories are thoses coming from the human nature. It's all about how we are, a reflection of ourselves and yes, sometimes we can be scaring.

I would pick something captivating, a story with multiples characters, from multiples timelines, confusing, intricate yet subjugating. Cause thoses winter nights won't be forgotten, so the experience have to be be unforgetful.

I would pick something with a great music, needless to say, a great game is tied toi a great OST. Thoses kind of tracks you have to link to your feelings towards the moments you listened theses the first time.

I would pick something about humans emotions. The most complex yet natural thing we have as humans, a subject we have written and readed for centuries and still being a mystery to us.

I would pick something graphical, gothic and masterful, drawed with passion, describing emotions and though as well as action.

I would pick The House in Fata Morgana
Post edited December 27, 2019 by Lebibik
i would probably play the witcher 3 as if i start this winter i might be able to complete it by next winter
with the vampyr game I could overcome the trauma that created me watching the ridiculous V wars series of netflix
The game I play during the winter time is Anno 1404. I do like marine management and strategic part of the game. Especially, when I'm currently onboard with my contract, working as a marine engineer. I guess I just want to feel myself as a company boss or kind of a charter
. You are asking for my choice of the game from GOG library and that would be definitely Anno 1701. Well, it seems like the time period in 1701 is more interesting due to the developed maritime sphere and gorgeous ships. While having an opportunity, I would like to say thank you GOG for bringing plenty of gems to "life".
The witcher series. Got a long play time for long winter nights. Maybe too long.
The Witcher 3

Would make a long Winter fly by.
Sekiro: shadows die twice.

I would choose this game because it will get your adrenaline pumping and sometimes your anger surging, all while giving you a sense of accomplishment after fighting your way through an area.This game does a great job of blending fun and challending exploration (pretty limited exploration), with insane boss and mini boss fights. Not to mention the upgrades come at good intervals while still making you work to get them. A very fun, yet extremely challenging game that will supply you immersed gameplay for the nights to come.
Stardew Valley. So much game-time, it'll last you all winter.
Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition. This game, among other similar titles (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc.), would be an excellent choice for long winter nights to seriously immerse yourself in a new world full of incredible writing, storytelling, and gameplay. The longer the session, the deeper you can get into the world and it's story. Definitely my top pick.
X4 Foundations..
Sandbox Space Sim ? Building my own space trade empire while exploring the galaxy ? I mean come on there's more than enough content for whole winter :D
I just wish series was more popular than it is.
That would be... You N'wah!!! I mean... errr... the jump simulator! Morrowind!!!

WHY? Because:

1. You get a warm fuzzy feeling doing quests around the Red Mountain. It's like Christmas all day long, near a nice bonfire.
2. You will never run out of food, with all those rats, cliff racers and nix hounds strolling around.
3. Since winter nights can be long and lonely, you will get to hang around with the locals, exchanging stories, spells and combat tricks. It's a friendly game, in which the winner gets to keep all the equipment. And you get to learn some fascinating new insults and death threats.
4. If you feel like playing Santa, you can levitate or use an Icarian Flight scroll to deliver presents in a timely manner. Those ridiculously powerful fireballs will look great above Balmora! And in case any adventurer wants to become a city guard, you can always deliver an arrow to his knee (Ooppss! Wrong game!)
5. You get to see the North Pole... errr... Solstheim, where Santa and the elves live. Perpetual winter, furry creatures and pine trees. Combined with the low FPS when it's snowing, you get a nice cozy winter feeling out of it. And mead!

That's it, I'm running out of questionable humour! May Azura be with me!