It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
During a very long winter, if I had some nice Corsair accessories, I would play Witcher 3 from GoG because it would feel like I was there and would totally forget about the winter and the cold, no matter how long the winter could be. Would enjoy it soo much that by the time I would finish the game it would be summer already.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by HellsingCross
The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt. Just to explore all of the maps do all of the side quests, and maybe finish the game.
Surviving Mars.
It seems to be a long, complicated colony building and survival game...
With the First Colony Edition, there must be a ton of content and so much to do, should last the Winter through.
And the details in this game are amazing, it's like Stellaris of colonizing/civilization strategy games.
Also the music is quite soothing... I don't think I could play one game only whole winter with a rough energetic soundtrack, I'm too old for that lol.
I'd have to pick Grim Dawn. On long winter nights, that game would be perfect because I can get lost in its world for such a long time-and, during the snowy areas of the game, I'd still be warm with my hot chocolate.

Plus my character is nearing level 70.
I find myself playing all flavors of Fallout during this winter season.
You mozy along in a honking great Mech.
You trip over a Jenner,
Then blow it to heck.
Your crew gets the bits scattered over the field
You wish for more armour, to give you a shield
You try multiplayer, and beat up a Czech
you've been playing all winter, in the game Battletech
Long is the night, cold is outside,
Darkness fell, but screen is bright
Quests, new world, adventure is mine,
Magic binds me to PC long time
Playing to see GreedFall
Playing to see GreedFall
Witcher 3 wild Hunt with all DLC's, because this game is a masterpiece of how can real adventure must look like. This story fall in your mind, and you turn in tears when the journey ends.
For me it seems, that how many games after it I will complete, I will return to this one with pleasure.
Happy holidays and New Year )) Good luck and Have fun!
Master of Magic since it would last me through winter and well into summer.
I would play the witcher 1 since i played the other 2 and since ive already got it and yet to play it. since its a long game i would not rush it and enjoy every bit of it from start to finish although graphically it has aged bad as i have heard its story and world building is top notch
For me it would have to be the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. My hard drive took a spin into the great beyond, taking all my games with it. At least some of my sabed games were backed up for recovery.

It's given me the impetus to upgrade my PC with a new video card and SSD and I can get back to playing Witcher 3 and the 2 DLCs which I never completed.

I love open-world games where exploration is fun and is rewarded. I used to prefer first-person shooters but I really emjoy the third-person, over-the-shoulder style used in W3.

The game is huge and is story dense, another thing I love in games. Some AAA titles over recent years haven't lived up to their hype and are pretty shallow, story-wise.

Having played the main game, I feel I'd have a much better idea of how I'd develop Getalt's charcter nowm than the haphazard way I initially upgraded his talents and signs.

Plus, having just binge-watched the new Witcher series on Netflix, I'm looking forward wo getting back into that world :)
The winter nights close in upon us. Light fades, shrinking the world around us and the bone chipping cold drives us further into our small pockets of respite. Its cozy there in the tiny bubbles of lights and warmth of the home but its a tiny world now and the mind is ever the explorer. Physically shackled to that minute square footage of shelter, the mind strains to see further.

And there is a doorway.

Not a material frame of timber and hinges but a digital one. A conceptual one that leads beyond this world, beyond this bubble of shelter to another place altogether where strangers love and hate and live. Revachol....it is almost real. A sprawling mental playground to visit and experience when the real us are emprisoned by frigid nights. Death, sex, taxes and disco...

Disco Elysium.
#MyWinterGame is any survival crafting game that compels you to find "just one more resource" will keep you stuck to your PC for hours longer than planned..... i'm not addicted, i'm just obsessive lol
For me the best games for winter nights is The Witcher saga.
A trilogy to spend the long winter nights.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by Wildchus82
The allure of night city and exploring every inch of its dirty underbelly would easily see me through the dark winter nights well into the blossoming spring.

Cyberpunk 2077.

Good Luck everyone.