It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
the witcher adventure game, because I'd keep tossing my coin as a decision maker and to my success.
Diablo 1, because... yes.
Red Dead Redemption 2, because it has so much to do, i wouldn't be bored all winter, 'cause i could choose what to do, rob a bank, go hunting, etc.
Sarà banale ma io dico The Witcher 3, perché è molto coinvolgente ed ora che hanno fatto anche la serie Netflix, potrebbe avere un occhio di riguardo anche a gente che magari non conosceva manco questo mondo (videoludico).
I would choose Dying Light: Enhanced Edition. For long winter nights the game would provide enough playtime for me to finish. Besides, its horror element will be enjoyable enough to play it with the lights off in my place.
Following my own path through my own adventure.
Anything can happen and at any time.
Long game for those long winter nights.
Living with the consequences of my interactions (or lack of).
Out in the irradiated mutant infested wasteland.
Underground in the vault.
The brotherhood of steel (because power armour rocks!).
3 days to new year eve (the long dark nights continue!!)
#MyWinterGame would be Witcher 3 GOTY
I would play Spelunky since it reminds me when I was a child and I was searching the christmas presents when my parents were not at home
Verily I say unto you, the era of winter 2019/2020 is nigh, the era of the Wolf's Blizzard.
The Time of the White Chill and colored lights is nigh, the Time of new years resolutions and the Time of Contempt: Tearth y Thaesse Deireádh, the Time of Years End.
The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new spring sun.
It will be reborn of Future Blood, of Cáerme Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will hopefully sprout and bring good things.

Definitely The Witcher.
The first time I played it I was in awe. I've replayed it many times since and It still manages to amaze me with the characters, the writing and the lore. And now it's a Good Old Game and also makes me feel nostalgic and remember my younger years (sigh time goes fast). I have many fond memories of playing it. Even many of today's games do not manage to strike me as The Witcher. But perhaps I am getting more rational as I get older. I believe I can learn from my younger self to allow myself to be more amazed by stories told through games and by events in life in general.
Post edited December 29, 2019 by Calkebab
I would say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl many reasons for this game first you are in a nuclear fall out zone so are you freezing with the effects of a long winter when you have the nice warmth of radiation. Also, if you use your Geiger counter and you hear it beep, crackle and murmur you might be taken back to a warmer time of sitting around a fire for warmth It's only a little radiation poisoning what harm will that do in the long run not much. Speaking of a warm fire you could always try to find one and try to make some Gopnik friends and squat around the fire with them but you have to beware not all Gopniks are friendly. The coldness of the Ukraine setting might distract me from my perpetual summer where I currently live. Obviously, It has many endings and many ways to play the game. But this is a side note to the fact it is a masterpiece of immersion and an accurate depiction of what it might be like to explore a nuclear zone and you are in the search for some special secrets.
I would play The Witcher 3 GOTY, and accept that I will be playing and enjoying it until those cold winter nights in 2020...
Feels like the darkest night of the year… must be the winter solstice. The night only feels long by virtue of how cold it is. You get used to out here in the streets of Night City. My old audiophonic cybernetic headgear has been going strong for about 5 years, and while she was a beauty back in her day, time has taken its toll. I remember the cries from passers-bys “You’re breathtaking”. Need to upgrade to that elite level but don’t have the credits. I can see my breath in the front of me. Need a new contract but with my current tactile sensory enhancer it is difficult to compete with those newer models replete with wired reflex triggers. Will just have to tough it out for another night, just like everybody else out here.

Cyberpunk 2077
Post edited December 29, 2019 by ConstantineM
Those long winter nights would be filled beautifully with The Witcher 2, the chill chased away by adventure and the unexpected thrills that suddenly appear upon the unexplored roads ahead. I would toss a coin to that Witcher game and hope for that virtual valley of plenty.
During long winter nights, when the cold freezes windows and cars on the streets, i need to play some videogame that make me stay in another world, and warms me with adventures and fire guns.
I'm thinking in BioShock Infinite Complete Edition of course.
BioShock make me part of its world, living in the sky, helping Elisabeth and shooting all around me!
Destiny 2 for sure, just enjoying the grind with a few buddys during those long winter nights making jokes and having a blast.