It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Nevervinter nights 2, a game wtich you can play for days during this cold night!
I would run back into darkness once again, years after first contact, Diablo would again get his ars wipped by me on #MyWinterGame night
Imperator: Rome, creating an entire kingdom isn't something that can be done quickly, especially if you want it to be perfect, through winter I can huddle up and slowly piece together my perfect empire, create my own little world where things run the way I like.
The Witcher 3 can keep one occupied for a long time.
Long time ago, 1989, I worked at an RPG store in my city/country. it was one of the few ones risking this business. Then I got in my hands Cyberpunk 2020 from Talsorian games. It was love at first sight, i bought a copy for myself, and dozens of supplements afterwards. The system needed some tweaks, but the universe and source books created an amazing atmosphere.

The game I would play on long winter nights will definitely be Cyberpunk 2077. All the videos and analysis I read about it show an amazing world, interactive, with awesome trails from all the decisions you made, leading you through different paths. The visuals are amazing, the characters, the environment...Its a dream come true for all the old hardcore fans of the original tabletop RPG game,

Night City never looked so real. There is where I would like to spend the long winter nights.
What could be better to warm yourself next to than the heat of a Steel Furnace in Factorio?

An Electric Furnace.

You're going to have to completely reroute your coal belts since it won't be needed for smelting anymore, and while you're at it you should expand energy production to accommodate the extra power draw.

That means you'll need to expand closer to that biter nest you've been avoiding. You should probably get around to automating ammo productions and get some belts up to autofill the turrets.

Actually you know what robots would make this a lot easier, better work those into your production flow. That means you'll need top sidetrack your research for a bit unless you ramp up your output.

It's gonna be a long night. Again.
I would recommend terraria. Anyone can play this game, regardless of their age. If you join now, you can join in the seasonal christmas event where you have a chance to obtain a dog whistle which summons a pet dog. There is virtually no end to this game and it has excellent replayability.
I would like blade runner the game - Need a futuristic SCFI game to play while waiting for cyberpunk 2077
The winter is long. The winter is frigid. An adventure that is immersive, and draws me in from my existence in normality is the only way to truly survive. Add to that the freezing cold temperatures (due to the winter and lack of central heating) needed to tame the geriatric beast that is my gaming rig to enable me to barely run this work of art at 1080p. Lord knows she's giving it all she's got!

As I'm drawn into the vastness of the world, I forget my LOW settings and the coil whine as it fades into the distance. I'm going to need the Winter....all of it! I must spec up! Moving from quest to post-apocalyptic quest, becoming my character, seeing as they see, and experiencing as they do. I'm so immersed that my low-end textures, filled with all the detail and charm of a prostate exam, appear life-like in the expanse of neon glow. Living this alternate reality draws me away from the pains of the world for a while. The joys of my carefree gaming youth are returned to me, and the seemingly endless freedom of the open-world at my feet. My bionic finger on the trigger brings me comfort, joy and in a sense, immortality.

Cyberpunk 2077
Tough decision this one!

Sure, I could say Witcher, Gwent or Thronebreaker, each having me occupied for many many hours already... But having just binged watched the witcher on Netflix, I am not sure I am ready for that kind of commitment again!

So, my game for long winter nights would be My time at Portia. Why, you might ask?
It is simple - these games are quite frequent favourites of mine, I played Stardew Valley, Terraria, I love watching my boyfriend play the Stoneheart. They can occupy you for hours, which you quite don't seem to notice.

My time at Portia is all I need from a Christmas game - it is cheerfull with vibrant colours. It is focused on the town community, making me feels less alone as all my friends are visiting their close ones. It has many activities to offer, so I don't get bored easily and most importantly... It is not too challenging. You might be shaking your head now, but I mean this.

Even though I am a dedicated gamer and I have been for over a decade, I don't particularly enjoy overly challenging games at this time of a year. I just want to escape into the world of Portia, away from responsibilities and muddy weather. And just for a moment, life simplifies into getting another copper bar or bunch of wood. And honestly, what more do you need during Christmas holiday?

Oh, maybe a cup of tea and some sweets, thats it :)
The Witcher 3 <3
I would pick The Witcher 3 so I can spend all winter trying to finish the entire game with steel swords and no potions in the hardest mode.
Wizardy 8

So many things to do, so many race/class and party size combinations to test out, and each single playtrough takes tons of hours if you don't mess it up along the way... per difficulty setting! And then there's Ironman mode on top of that.

So yeah, enough to do with just that one game to stay busy for a looooooooong time and have very much fun with it!
For the long winter nights i definitely imagine my self playing EU3, having the game roll on slow time running through wars in Central Europe where terrain is harder to cross without losses due to winter conditions
The witcher 3 - wild hunt, a game that marvels in so many ways, though now with the new series being released nostalgia kicks in and my beloved memories roll back to me. If I had two winters this would be my game of choice.